ICT -V- Partick Th : matchday thread

Scotty

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Delighted. Decided not to make the trip solo after seeing the forecast.

What was the ref like? I've seen him twice this year and he seems a bit like a little Hitler trying to impose himself. Against County at their place he was well out of his depth.

heart stopping game!

Well fought battle :021:

Looked a bitty shaky at the start and a Fan "Caleyrule" told me we were gonna lose but can't blame him cause we were rubbish at the start :lol:

Proud of caley :D

Edited by MissICT

What was the ref like? I've seen him twice this year and he seems a bit like a little Hitler trying to impose himself. Against County at their place he was well out of his depth.

Someone behind me used the exact same description a 'little Hitler'. He was very poor throughout the game, whistling at every opportunity and usually giving the wrong decision.

Whilst pleased we won I left the game with a sour taste in my mouth.

My seat in the main stand didn't give the best view for our second penalty but it looked like a highly dubious award. I thought the Partick defender got the ball and then Rooney either dived or went down very, very easily. Perhaps someone with a better view can give an unbiased opinion so I can savour the win guilt free. I watched Butcher speak to McCall at the final whistle and he seemed to indicate he didn't think it was a penalty either.

Edited by kencar

Just in from the game. Fully deserved three points today, tho didnt look like we were going to get them as we created and missed so many chances. Fair play to Rooney for taking the second penalty after missing the first one (to be fair their keeper saved it well). Great performance from Hayes, well deserved MOM. Given ourselves a chance now if we can keep this run going. :lol:

Someone behind me used the exact same description a 'little Hitler'. He was very poor throughout the game, whistling at every opportunity and usually giving the wrong decision.

Whilst pleased we won I left the game with a sour taste in my mouth.

My seat in the main stand didn't give the best view for our second penalty but it looked like a highly dubious award. I thought the Partick defender got the ball and then Rooney either dived or went down very, very easily. Perhaps someone with a better view can give an unbiased opinion so I can savour the win guilt free. I watched Butcher speak to McCall at the final whistle and he seemed to indicate he didn't think it was a penalty either.

Savior the win Kencar. Over the season these things will even out decision wise. Great result today. Come on the Caley Jags!

Fantastic game and it was great to see us get one over Partick at last.

Corcaran's goal was well taken but we had been the better side building up to that. Hayes goal all came from an Esson misshit up the field which Richie Foran flicked on and Johnny pounced to fire in.

2nd half was even better. We continued to push but Esson made a great save from Buchanan and then the wee tubby fluffed up his next shot. Only worrying defensive factor throughout was Lionel. Partick tended to make life difficult for him but for the last 20 minutes he eventually bucked up and improved.

After that it was all us. Sanchez had miss of the season when Rooney cut him in. Rooneys penalty was well saved and he also missed a shot before he got his 2nd. Not sure if the 2nd one was outside the box or not but it was a definite red card.

Overall very very pleased. We dug deep and found the nerve to beat a team above us for the first time. This has to get bulit on now.

Definitely a penalty for Rooney's goal, and well done to the boy for stepping up a second time and slotting it past Tuffey.

How we did not win that game by three or four is beyond me. Sanchez missed from 5 yards, Rooney missed a penalty, Partick cleared the ball off the goal-line, Rooney was through a couple of times as well, and Hayes had a cracking opportunity but blasted it over. We were all over them in the second half, especially the last 15 minutes or so.

And finally got to celebrate a last minute goal, the last time that happened was the pars game way back in August. Nice way to finish a match, and it seemed to matter a lot to the players as well.

Maybe, as long as the players keep focussed, we could make the run-in interesting.

MOM - Either Bully (just for the sake of it), Rooney or Hayes.

And a very big well done to Ross County for keeping to the master plan.

Our friends from across the bridge know only too well that they can't compete in the SPL next season. The cost of groundsharing at the nearest SPL ground would cripple them so instead they've agreed to help us go up then they will drive to win the following season and share with us.

We could've won by 4 or 5 easily. Seems we want to walk the ball into the net at times though. The number of great chances we missed today was criminal.

I didn't think either of our penalties were pens. The second one was a joke. The defender clearly got the ball first, and it looked like it was outside the area....not complaining though!!

Tremendous to get the 3 points,there were a few players out there 2day that were having a stinker of a game.Cox Sanchez and djebi zadi for me werent great throught the whole game,but then you look at the bench there was no stand out on the bench that you would have said would change the game,but fair play we held out and got the result.

KEEP BELIEVING :lol: