ICT -V- Partick Th : matchday thread

Scotty

Great result - Great 3 points

Not the pettiest game I've seen this season, and could have gone either way right up until the final few minutes.

Lots of chances squandered, but the tenacity and committment ensured that they managed to grind out a result.

Thought Tokely would have been better at LB with Proctor at RB. Lionel looked very unsure for much of the game. Duncan or Imrie could have been in filled for Proctor in midfield.

Still a long way to go in this league yet.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Delighted!

It was a good game. And im sure if it wasn't so cold i would say it was fantastic. Had some great stuff in it. Tuffy made some excellent saves though his goal kicks were poor. Great display again from Hayes. Thought the whole team played really well. Lionel was a bit scary as per usuall but thankfully he didn't cost us.

Agree with all said before. Great result should have been out of sight long before the 2nd goal. Tuffey was excellent today & is a class keeper. He saved his side today & was easily MOM.

Plus points for me today, Hayes, our MOM & unlucky not to get pen in 1st half. Looked a stone waller for me. Rooney, ran so much more than previous & showed big baws to step up for the 2nd pen especially when Tuffey was winding him up. Centre defence pair looked solid as ever & if Sanchez would take a shot from outside the box instead of always looking for the pass then he would score more often.

Disappointing points - grumpy car park steward was lucky not to get lamped for swearing in front of the kids, Cox just doesnt doesnt do it for me (Duncan is better) & RB is Proctors best position. Lionel was poor & looks nervous again.

Overall delighted with how the team kept going to the end. I do believe in the phrase that things even themselves out over a season & perhaps we are now going to get a few breaks at home that we were not getting earlier in the season.

Both were stick on pens for me but I am ever so slightly biased!!!

Well done lads. Our title charge has started!!

Edited by Cattach

Well you could single out at least half of our team for criticism today, but as I've already said I'll defeinately take winning games when we're not at our best! Good to see Lionel get some confidence back in the second half, he was a man with zero confidence in the first. Thought Hayes (again) was the standout player on the aprk. Fantastic. The second was never a penalty and If I'm being honest I wasn't so sure about the first (probably was on reflection), but we've had decisions go against us in the past! I don't care we won and I'll take 3 points in anyway they come.

Glad to get the three points despite making hard work of it. The penalties, mayby's aye, mayby's no. Rooney hit the first one too straight and Tuffey deflected it high over the bar. Fair play to Rooney for slotting the second one in the bottom corner no problem. We looked uncomfortable in defence all afternoon with the ball ricocheting around more times than I was comfortable with and Partick also hit the bar after one of these skirmishes when Buchanan hit the bar from ten yards.

Still, we hung on in there and prbably just edged it.

Today, ICT probably just edged it but neither side were particularly good. I got a bit of a shock when I saw Pele walking through the car park, but sadly our curly haired messiah was only presenting an award to the number 9'd Tokely. Some of the tactics did seem to be a bit Brewster-esque today. Long balls did seem to be the order of the game. Both sides had chances with Partick hitting the bar just after going ahead, and Proctor headed off the line during a corner. For ICT Foran had a magnificent chance saved, by a keeper who was on top form. Most of the team played quite well. Esson had one good save, but had little chance with the goal. Proctor was quiet while Cox was quite effective in the midfield. Bulvitis and Munro looked solid, while Djebi-Zadi had a couple of scary moments but also came more into the game as time went on. Tokely looked a little dodgy at times but was still fairly decent. Hayes had a very good first half and decent second, while Sanchez looked productive besides one miss that he should of put away. Foran came in and out of the game but still had some good moments, while Rooney, besides being extremely slow just doesn't seem to know how to put chances away which includes the first penalty that was very poorly taken. Odhiambo added a bit of zip while the ref seemed to blow for everything under the sun and booked Hayes for what looked to me like a penalty. Overall not to bad, but ICT really need to learn how to chances into goals.

It has taken until January to see my first ICT game of the season and now I can see what people on this site have been going on about. Watching them play today was frustrating because as a group of players it is obvious they can play a lot better and at times today there were flashes of what could be delivered. Unfortunately the display was scattered with unforced errors, hesitancy on the ball time and time again and a general lack of confidence when it comes to shooting.

In the end though another 3 points were gained and from a team that has already beaten us twice this season so hopefully the team can continue to build on this current run and you never know where it will take us. What I will say is irrespective of the string of errors that were made there was not a Caley Thistle player on the pitch today who did not give less than 100% for effort and numerous chances were created.

This season has a long way to go yet but the overall team performances for the whole 90 minute period must improve if we are to still be in with a shout come May.

Really enjoyed todays game. First half wasnt great, pretty equal between the two sides. But in the second half we were all over them. Hayes yet again had a superb game. Foran was quiet but effective and sanchez was very creative. Thank goodness we signed bulvitus. He was so solid today. Overall good performance and hopefully we can build on it.

The second was never a penalty. One the ball. Felt sorry for him getting sent off....But oh well :angry:

If it wasnt, does it make up for the first one that Hayes didn't get?

We did give the ball away a bit too cheaply in the first half with poor passing and made their job a lot easier but a deserved victory all the same and another 3 points closer to the final destination.

10 points behind, 2 games in hand, still to play Dundee twice and Narius is back, things are looking a lot rosier than a couple of weeks ago.

From my view it looked that for the second pen 1) Defender got the ball, and 2) Challenge was about 1 metre outside the box B)

Got to agree, shouted for the foul anyway but it was definitely outside the box. Could be the moment that could turn our season around.

We are doing so much to get in scoring chances, but so often nothing happens. Haynes goal was a wee beauty. I though the first pen was soft, but that the second was fair. Good on Rooney insisting on taking it. Roscoe geeing him up was class.

A few posted MIA; Proctor, Sanchez, but I thought Cox had a good game. MOM yes, probably Hayes. Strange not to see Imrie making an appearance, though.

I am very excited by our unbeaten run, and, curiously, by County's win over Dundee. We are now potentially just 4 points off the lead team.

I thought Mr. 501 had a decent game with some good distribution of the ball.

As for the pens, although I have a little sympathy for PT as both could easily have not been given, you need to think seriously about all the stonewallers we have not had!

These things even out in the long run.

Well three points made it a joyous 700 mile trek - BUT - maybe I have been spoilt with ICT Away but I thought that it was a poor game, we were poor, I would give pass marks to only three players - Plastic Whistle were poor but we just about deserved the three points.

Esson wasnt as busy and commanding as usual - Rosscoe appeared to be mainly in third gear - Bulvitis was steady - Granty looked nervous and was covering the Bombscare most of the time which meant most of his touches were hoofs - Jimmy scraped through without doing too much damage - Hayes was excellent but I would love to see him hugging the touchline - Proctor had a bit of a howler - Cox blew hot and cold - Foran was in the same gear as Rosscoe - Sanchez can be a bit of a luxury at times - I would give Rooney MOM for his workrate and holding up and he gets better every time I see him.

There were time when it looked like a schoolboy match - especially at half time - with everybody chasing the ball - and apart from Hayes you could have lopped five yards off each touchline and nobody cept Johnny would have noticed. Gawd to we need a ball player in the middle to allow Hayes to be a winger. Sanchez is a far better player away from home and we need somebody - like a Dargo or a Wyness - to play off Rooney.

Met Tel Boy in the Fairways after - what a feckin gentleman.

David Somers what a great referee. Books Hayes for diving although Hayes did not dive but stumbled. But wait........

''Brewster was lectured by referee David Somers for arguing that former Scotland winger McCann was offside as he nodded the winner into the empty net after a shot from Michael Higdon - whose position also looked suspect - hit the bar.

Caley Thistle were also harshly treated early in the second half when Adam Rooney appeared to be upended in the box by Gerard Aafjes, but Somers didn't want to know.''

This is like a Christmas Carol. The little man cannot sleep at night so eventually evens it up.

''Somers apologised to the Caley players for refusing to award them a spot-kick after Gerard Aafjes had brought down Adam Rooney and then held his hands up to an offside when Neil McCann headed home the first-half winner.''

The previously quiet Mr 'Where's that paint tin?' McCall was then restrained by the polis as he attempted to deck the said Mr Somers and his linesman once the whistle had gone. I thought said Mr Somers might deck the said little Ned but too many people stepped in.

Edited by CELTIC1CALEY3

I thought we played quite well, but why oh why are the forwards so scared to have a shot at the goal? In virtually every game I have been at this season the forwards have had the ball around the edge of the penalty box and passed it back and forwards across the box like a hot potato when it would be worth having a crack at goal :wave01: