Matchday Programme

Renegade

There hasn't been much going on in recent weeks though. Had a lot of posponments.

There's been a lot going on by the sounds of things - it's just that folk are scared to say anything.

Or perhaps some contributors to the programme were frogmarched out of the stadium to face a firing squad as they dared to criticise the club

:) quite!

• 4 weeks later...

Why do we have to keep paying ?2.50 for a programme that's half the size of the ones we used to get? Fair enough we've had games postponed recently and there's probably not as much news as usual, but surely we can have opposition team info again and other stuff to fill in pages? Also, what happened to the team sheets we were getting? The club must be saving money on the reduced size of the programme, so I take it I'm expecting too much to get a team sheet now?

Why do we have to keep paying ?2.50 for a programme that's half the size of the ones we used to get? Fair enough we've had games postponed recently and there's probably not as much news as usual, but surely we can have opposition team info again and other stuff to fill in pages? Also, what happened to the team sheets we were getting? The club must be saving money on the reduced size of the programme, so I take it I'm expecting too much to get a team sheet now?

Can confirm there was team sheets in the prog on Sat. Did you arrive early or late? Smonetimes not ready till about 2.30pm. If the prog seller had run out you can pick one up from another if you show your programme.

Its just a sign of the times as the club economise for life in the first div and lower revenues i'm afraid, not to worry i found one at the stadium on saturday :P

Edited by caley100

Its just a sign of the times as the club economise for life in the first div and lower revenues i'm afraid, not to worry i found one at the stadium on saturday :P

Size of prog is due to economies but I know for a fact that Bryan, the programme editor, is trying to push as much content into the available space as he can.

The matchday magazine has been outsourced to Century Publishing who are now in control of finding advertisers and making it pay. This was done as the club have lost thousands of pounds on it so far this season and were unwilling/unable to continue to produce it themselves.

As a result the amount of space available for things like Editorials has been scaled back which means it is now little more than an advertising brochure dressed up as a programme.

The matchday magazine has been outsourced to Century Publishing who are now in control of finding advertisers and making it pay. This was done as the club have lost thousands of pounds on it so far this season and were unwilling/unable to continue to produce it themselves.

As a result the amount of space available for things like Editorials has been scaled back which means it is now little more than an advertising brochure dressed up as a programme.

I thought One Stop were doing the programmes, but then again i buy it never really look further than the team sheet!

It was New Century Publishing who done our programmes pre-SPL

I thought One Stop were doing the programmes, but then again i buy it never really look further than the team sheet!

One Stop only done the print runs. The programme was put together and published in house Bryan Munro was the editor.

I think they are the publishing/printing arm of the Highland News Group.

So many names for the same company. New Century Publishing = Highland News Group = Scottish Provincial Press. My understanding is that everything, including 15 regional newspapers, is printed in Dingwall at the companies 'Highland Web Offset centre, though produced and published in Inverness, Elgin and Wick.

I wonder does going back to pre-SPL programme production mean we're hedging our bets on going up. I know Bryan Munro done the editing but who employed him. Is he an SPP employee?