Imrie gone

dam17

Good - We are getting some money in for him. He was never as good coming back from injury as he was before. He was latterly just a fringe player.

Bad - He had talent and was getting back to fitness levels.

A good move all round I think and wish him all the best.

Not happy he's gone, he was an important player for us with a lot of determination, last game i saw him was at Airdrie a couple of weeks ago and he ran his heart out for the team, he was getting into great positions and IMO he was MOM.

I'm glad we got some money for him but i doubt it's as much as we think, he'll do well at Hamilton.

All the best Dougie :)

I think he was a real asset to the team, even though he blows hot and cold. Who doesn't? On a good day his determination and energy are better than anyone else can offer.

However, it was probably the right thing for us to to cash in.

If we didnt have Hayes, we would be in trouble.

But good luck to him. Liked him as a player and was a really nice guy when i met him. Glad his last game against Motherwell can be the one people remember him by. Good we got some money for him rather than losing him later in the season for nothing - thats the only positive i get out of it.

Guest Mahonio

A five figur sum

don't know the exact mount.

I am also a bit confused because Press and Journal says ?40,000 but Wikipedia says ?55,000 :) :lol:

I would post a link from both but don't know how to do it so any help appreciated :lol:

Edited by Mahonio

It's only a bad thing if you're a Hamilton supporter.

Imrie is a ned, and proved to be a very inconsistent ned at that.

However we can be grateful that he financed Barrowman's payoff.

Could be bad for Dougie. Killie, St Mirren and Falkirk all winning tonight means it could be SFL football for him next year. We'll give him a wave on the way past.

Was thinking that myself... ICT up, Hamilton down, how sweet that would be!

Hear! Hear! Why would we wish Imrie bad luck? He always did his best, never mouthed off about demanding a transfer, put up with abuse from his own support (get a grip, guys!) and brought in some much needed cash when he could have went on a Bosman.

All the best, Dougie!

Reading the P & J article today I feel quite sorry for Dougie. Doesn't quite come across as the arrogant ned some people make him out to be. I have never met him but those I know that have met him have nothing but good things to say about him.

All the best Dougie - hope it works out well for you.

Having read it to Hearch, I will point out that "Higher level" football is not the SPL lol!! but aye he comes across as a wee bit hurt at leaving, I didnt like all TB's hipe last season over Doogee, and then for him to drop him as Doog said does go to show that TB is just all hipe.

I feel a bit of sympathy for him as well. Despite some of the stick he took and his games where he struggled despite trying hard i actually think he really liked it here and wanted to stay and i agree with what he says where he and Johnny Hayes could have played in the same team. Hope he does well at Hamilton.