Cyprus

Iceland

I

Spain

Czech Republic

Scotland

Lithuania

Liechentenstein

Quite glad to have got Spain: it'll feel like a genuinely big game. It's been a long time since we've played them, hasn't it? The rest of it is pretty dull, but we've got a small chance. The Czechs aren't as good as they were a decade ago.

Edited by alternative maryhill

Could have been a lot worse, just glad we never got pulled out the hat for Group H - now that is a hard group.

I'm not convinced Denmark and Portugal is any harder than Spain and the Czech.

There was only a slim chance of us qualifying for this one being in Seed 3 and i think we needed someone like switzerland as 2nd and england as our top seed.

Hopefully we can at least perform well to get the rankings up for the next World Cup

Could have been a lot worse, just glad we never got pulled out the hat for Group H - now that is a hard group.

I'm not convinced Denmark and Portugal is any harder than Spain and the Czech.

There was only a slim chance of us qualifying for this one being in Seed 3 and i think we needed someone like switzerland as 2nd and england as our top seed.

Hopefully we can at least perform well to get the rankings up for the next World Cup

I think that is an all round harder group though, Cyprus performed well in The World Cup Qualifiers and Iceland are by far the best team from their pot.

Edited by ict123

I think we can get second. Spain can beat everyone but, if Levein plays the game more like Smith/McLeish, I can see us holding the Czechs. Then it's just down to who can sneak a goal. The big trick is to not lose poor goals to the teams below us. We (and the Czechs) are better than them, so as long as we concentrate, plus a bit of luck with form and injuries, then it's all to play for.

Im not to unhappy with that. Would have preferred an easier team than the holders but you've got to play someone big.

The Czechs are nowhere near the standard we once were. Have we not got a friendly arranged with them? Will it now go ahead?

We have to focus on taking maximum points against Lithuania and Leichenstien. We need the full 12 to have any chance of 2nd realistically.

We also need to make Hampden a fortress against the Cechs. We could beat them at home as we did Ukraine.

Anything we get from Spain is a bonus. They are traditionally notoriously good in qualifying and will be aiming for maximum points, or at least should be.

Following the draw, There were 4 teams left and England and Croatia were still there. I fancied Croatia as they are probably the weakest top seed along with Portugal I'd say.

But I really wanted England. That would be a clash to relish. However as usual England handed a diddy group with which they should be disappointed to drop any points in.

It's a tough draw. Although they failed to get out of a weak World Cup qualifying group, the Czech squad is full of players who ply their trade in the top leagues of Europe. They outclassed us in Prague 18 months ago, when the extent of their technical superiority was embarrassing. At least with Levein in charge, we know we'll be organised and i'm looking forward to the battle for second place. I think our best chance of getting points from Spain is to get them at Hampden as close to the start of the campaign as possible. Big teams often underperform in the months following a World Cup.

It's a tough draw. Although they failed to get out of a weak World Cup qualifying group, the Czech squad is full of players who ply their trade in the top leagues of Europe. They outclassed us in Prague 18 months ago, when the extent of their technical superiority was embarrassing. At least with Levein in charge, we know we'll be organised and i'm looking forward to the battle for second place. I think our best chance of getting points from Spain is to get them at Hampden as close to the start of the campaign as possible. Big teams often underperform in the months following a World Cup.

Agreed with you about Spain there. I dont fancy playing them on the wide open hampden pitch though.

Scotland have to play to their strengths outside the lack of technical ability. George Burley didn't get this and it cost him the job. The Czechs may be a technically superior team, as most central European teams are, but they are no world beaters and unless we fancy our chances against them there is no point turning up.

I hate that we always seems to be in the shorter groups.. generally mean we miss out on 6 points against a weaker side. Horrible group but I'll keep the faith...

Getting tickets sorted for the 13 of March so hopefully have an indication of Levein's approach then

Edited by Harry Chibber

I hate that we always seems to be in the shorter groups.. generally mean we miss out on 6 points against a weaker side. Horrible group but I'll keep the faith...

Getting tickets sorted for the 13 of March so hopefully have an indication of Levein's approach then

The 6 points dont really count for anything against the 6th seeds. It only means we have a free weekend when everyone else is playing. Was the group with Italy, France and Ukraine not a 6 team group anyway?

Am I right in thinking top 9 go through leaving 7 spots which means top runner up goes through and the rest go to play offs? Or is it just the top 7 runners up who qualify?

The 6 points dont really count for anything against the 6th seeds. It only means we have a free weekend when everyone else is playing. Was the group with Italy, France and Ukraine not a 6 team group anyway?

Am I right in thinking top 9 go through leaving 7 spots which means top runner up goes through and the rest go to play offs? Or is it just the top 7 runners up who qualify?

I know mathematically it doesn't but psychologically to have the points in the bag and maybe a few goals in the bank gives the players a lift and competitive match experience... certainly beats having a meaningless international friendly that no players turns up for.

I know mathematically it doesn't but psychologically to have the points in the bag and maybe a few goals in the bank gives the players a lift and competitive match experience... certainly beats having a meaningless international friendly that no players turns up for.

Kenny Miller just said the same on the news.

Have I, once again, missed out on the supporters club? I can't wait until we play the Czechs, this is when we will find out what level we're at.

Have I, once again, missed out on the supporters club?

We'll find out at the end of the month. Make sure you register interest throught the SFA website to receive an e-mail as soon as they announce. My suspicion is that there won't be a problem joining for this campaign. The unusually high demand for the last campaign was just a response to the wins over France and all that nonsense. Normal service has resumed since then.

Have I, once again, missed out on the supporters club?

We'll find out at the end of the month. Make sure you register interest throught the SFA website to receive an e-mail as soon as they announce. My suspicion is that there won't be a problem joining for this campaign. The unusually high demand for the last campaign was just a response to the wins over France and all that nonsense. Normal service has resumed since then.

Cheers eh! I've just registered with them...........I'll see you all in Madrid...........