Plea to the board!

Pele_Is_God

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you'll find Ross County might disagree with that.

I think you'll find Ross County can disagree with that all they want, we are still the form team in the league.

Since they beat us in Dingwall back in in November we have only conceeded 3 goals in the league.

ICT - played 8, won 5, drawn 3, lost 0 - 18 points. For 12 against 3 (+9)

COUNTY - played 8, won 4, drawn 3, lost 1 - 15 points. For 16 against 11 (+5)

I absolutely believe we can win this league.

Bring on the Queens. Massive game.

One thing that does worry about me about this managerial team, is not Butcher, it's his right hand man. Something about the blindness and sometimes plain stupidity of this club, is that we may well one day have to hear the tragic news that Butcher has gone and has been immediately replaced by Malpas. That scares me. I for one am not a particularly big supporters at all of Butcher's, but to be fair to him he do too badly at Motherwell (even more so when you the financial set up at the time), but all his good work was essentially ruined by Malpas. This little managerial gnome took Motherwell from a middle of the table SPL side, to a side that narrowly avoided relegation on the last day of the season. He also had a culpable disaster as manager of Swindon Town and was appropriately sent packing. Even the slightest thought of him getting the ICT hot seat all on his own scare the living day lights out of me, as I can almost see it coming. If you thought Brew was bad, Malpas's reign would make Brew's second spell look like a relative success and we can say bye bye to the SPL forever.

Rene has a point and our board would probably be foolish enough to pull a stunt like that but if they were to offer TB and MM new deals they would probably still be not bad and Butcher decided to leave they would probably get Malpas to leave as well to free up his wage so they could make a good offer to someone new. But i'am getting far too ahead of myself and need to stop...

We are seeing some of the best attacking football being played at the TCS for many a year and long may it continue.

So according to you, Charlie Christie played the boring long ball, while Butcher plays "some of the best attacking football being played at TCS for years? O-kay.

When we are 16 points ahead of the pack with 5 games to go I'm pretty certain that new deals would be made but intill we are in a safe position at the top of the table, there is no point making any pleas to the board.

We could be in second place tomorrow, channel your energy there instead instead.

Oooooh, 2nd sounds appealing!!!

All this talk of Malpas taking charge...good coach, but our board have done some foolish things, but i very much doubt that even in the 1st division we would get malpas to hold the reigns. His record speaks for itself.

I would like to see Butcher and Malpas signed up for next season. They bring in decent players - notably Hayes, Foran, Bully, Cox was a find aswell, they keep the dressing room, they attract players, and the club gets a bit extra exposure to Butchers name.

But i dont blame the board for wanting to see what division we are in to make contract plans. There really is a big difference there.