Next Season's Shirt

Renegade

Well it's that time again, after seeing the rather snazzy design put up by someone in the other thread, next season ICT will have a new home kit. IMO it should definitely be a return of the red and blue stripes. They stop any accusations of a pro-Caley or pro-Thistle bias, they're rather uncommon in the footballing world and most of all, they look cool. I seem to recollect on Boardroom Banter ICT said that they were thinking of running a competition to design the coming seasons shirt, after they (strangely) forgot about the away shirt competition for this seasons away kit. I take it they're no longer going to run that competition then?

So what do you fancy? Post your ideas or designs here!

Being one of Errea's bog standard kit designs at the moment, I feel there's a slight chance that it could just be. Looking at other designs, there's nothing really that I can see working for us, unless they re-colour our current away strip to the blue and red with a splash of black or white.

Although, maybe by some time in the coming months, they may release new styles or such, so I'm guessing it's still very open.

I was just having a look on the toffs website. All they've got in regard to ICT is :

http://www.toffs.com/icat/invernessthistlefc

this scarf is also sold as a barca scarf. Some other company called Saville rogue is doing them. Apparently they come from 'one of the oldest cashmere mills in Scotland'. Any ideas as to which one this may be?

Sorry to go off topic here but I understand people being reluctant to buy tops.

am i the only one who gets fed up with ICT changing the design of the kit every 2 years? i wish they would stick tio the red n blue stripes as thats what most people identify ICT when it comes to their club colours.

On this one I am going to give the club a big :rolleyes: . They are contractually obligated to change strips every so often to generate revenue for themselves and the kit supplier, but in ICT's case, they do not gouge the supporters in the way that some other clubs do.

Many clubs change their kit every year and sometimes that can mean 1st, 2nd and even 3rd strips changing at the same time generating lots of expense for supporters (and revenue for the clubs).

ICT only change the design of one strip every two years and stagger it so there is 1 new kit a year - home kit one year, away kit the next. In fact, on more than one occasion, the away kits from previous seasons have also doubled up as a 3rd kit so you get more than two years out of it (like the black kit for us this year) !

Obviously there will be a change to both kits for us next season as the sponsor will change, but the design of the away kit will most likely be exactly the same with that one exception .... I even remember one season (think it was 98/99) where ICT issued iron-on sponsor logos to cover the previous sponsor logo as the kit hadnt changed so fair play to the club, and praise where it is due on this one.

Having said that, I do think we should keep our identity as red/blue stripes of some description ... the style can still change within a vertically striped template by giving more prominence to the red or the blue in different seasons but keep the stripes, it is our identity now and clearly the most favoured design of most supporters.

I for one dont mind buying a new strip every year, in fact i actually look forward to it.....ie the new home strip one year, then the new awya top the next, not so fussed about the sponsor change on the same kit. Its a good way to give the club my money.

I am well up for stripes again, and i think if we make that much of a fuss about it, it could happen. Considering that above strip is of an errea template, i dont see why it cant be made. Id buy that in a heartbeat.

not going to even try ..... I think the one posted by Bridge Ender on the other thread, and shown below is a belter !!! Sponsor Logo may be different of course !!!

post-2-1266459748.png

Love this. We should stick with the stripes & I doubt we will see better than this. Belter!!

are we still contracted to errea? can we not go down the route of the likes of c*unty, dunfarmline, dons etc and get the likes of adidas, puma or nike kit? would mean more chance of an extended range being available in terms of polos, training tops etc.

what everyone think?

yes, we are still contracted to Errea. I would love Adidas as the quality (of their Toronto FC shirts at least) is excellent, but we have Errea for a while yet so no point in dreaming :blink: