QOS- GAME OFF

RiG

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

minus 5? a veritable heatwave then! unless there is a heavy snowfall game should be quite safe.

Yep, you could sunbathe in that!

Funny you should say that, I'm just back from a Carnival near Barcelona where they were dancing near naked in the streets on the beaches. It was snowing FFS. :001:

That's one determined culture there. Party on at all costs. :002:

With USH not being a requirement in the 1st Division, maybe the club will keep it switched off to save money?

I was talking to Darren (commercial manager ??) at the hospitality for the Plastic Whistle match and he says they never switch it on just now as they can't afford to run it - it costs something like 5 or 6 grand a day to run ?? Not sure if the figures are right - but I doubt the lost revenue for having to play a few games mid week would be more than the cost of running the USH ?!?!?

With USH not being a requirement in the 1st Division, maybe the club will keep it switched off to save money?

I was talking to Darren (commercial manager ??) at the hospitality for the Plastic Whistle match and he says they never switch it on just now as they can't afford to run it - it costs something like 5 or 6 grand a day to run ?? Not sure if the figures are right - but I doubt the lost revenue for having to play a few games mid week would be more than the cost of running the USH ?!?!?

FYI -

1) The undersoil heating costs something between ?1500 and ?2000 a day to run, depending on the current oil cost.

2) In the SFL it is not obligatory to use it if you have it. It's up to the clubs.

3) It was switched on late this morning and it is currently expected that tomorrow's game will go ahead.

Edited by Charles Bannerman

minus 5? a veritable heatwave then! unless there is a heavy snowfall game should be quite safe.

Yep, you could sunbathe in that!

Funny you should say that, I'm just back from a Carnival near Barcelona where they were dancing near naked in the streets on the beaches. It was snowing FFS. :lol:

That's one determined culture there. Party on at all costs. B)

Not got, eh, any photies by any chance??? :blink:

FYI -

1) The undersoil heating costs something between ?1500 and ?2000 a day to run, depending on the current oil cost.

Barrowmans away now... we can afford the heating. :blink:

I think there is still some doubt about the game going ahead. Although the USH has been on since late morning, it is only effective down to about -6degC, and ideally needs to be on for a couple of days to lift any hard frost in the ground. Overnight forecast is for fairly low temps and, apparently, the pitch was solid this morning.

I hope the game is on, but there is a real risk that it may not.

When we win our games in hand the pressure really will be on County. Having the Scottish cup to tink of as well as trying to prevent their Dingwall educated children from becoming parents at 12 will really put a strain on all the Ross County football players, as well as Andy Barrowman.

Edited by TheKnowledge