QOS- GAME OFF

RiG

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone hear Radio Scotland's Beyond the SPL show at 7pm? I heard a trailer for it and amongst the contents was "The truth about the call off" of our game but I wasn't able to listen to the show to see what was being said.

Edit - or even to hear what was being said.

Edited by Yngwie

from todays Sun

Rae raps Chis slur

Queen of the South chairman David Rae blasted Inverness CT chief George Fraser for blaming their weekend fixture K/O on Gordon Chisholm.

The Highlanders claim Doonhamers boss Chis wanted an early pitch inspection and that the park was playable come 3pm.

Rae said: "I want to make it crystal clear it was the official who made the decision to call the game off at 11:30 - not our manager!"

Right let me get this straight;

Originally there was a pitch inspection for 09:30 saturday morning(on that basis, Queens book an overnight stay in the Travelodge Arms).

The ref was not informed of any 09:30 pitch inspection, so it was then arranged for 11:00.

Pitch inspection comes and after 31 minutes the ref decides to postpone the game against the recommendation of probably one of the best Groundsman in Britain and the ICT chairman. Chis accepts the game is off and promptly accuses us of not switching the USH on earlier.

Fraser then replies back that we requested a 12:30 pitch inspection so the USH has a chance to work in the warmer conditions(compared to the overnight temp). Chis(allegedly) refuses this and takes his players away in the huff.

14:00 arrives and Tommy and George both say that the pitch is perfectly playable by then so teh game could have gone ahead and not wasted the players' nor the fans time and money.

Today Rae announces that it ws the official who called the game off.

hallelujah its finally gotten through to them that it was the REFEREE who postponed it not INVERNESS CT. so maybe they can take their rant to them now.

Our Terry in the HN has backed our chairman and his account sounds pretty spot on to me !!!

http://www.highland-news.co.uk/news/fullst...ll-off_row.html

ICT boss Butcher explained: "We were all set to go. We were on a good run of form and we had everyone available, which was great. I know Queen of the South had one or two injury problems and they had already played last midweek against Ayr. Everything was in our favour and we were so annoyed that the game was called off.

"The weather had been severe, but at 3pm on Saturday the pitch was fine. The referee was under pressure from Queen of the South, who were very keen for the game not to go on. In the end, they got their wish and the game was called off, so we were really disappointed and it means that will now come as a midweek fixture.

"Our chairman was quite right to come out and tell it like it was. We put the heating on and it was working fine. But, under pressure from Queens, the referee said the game shouldn't go ahead. You can't have your cake and eat it by criticising us and then, at the same time, wanting the game to be called off.

"If they had stayed on a bit longer the game could have gone ahead. We're obviously desperate for the game to be on this weekend against Ayr United and we will be taking every possible action to make sure the game does go on."

Our Terry in the HN has backed our chairman and his account sounds pretty spot on to me !!!

http://www.highland-news.co.uk/news/fullst...ll-off_row.html

ICT boss Butcher explained: "We were all set to go. We were on a good run of form and we had everyone available, which was great. I know Queen of the South had one or two injury problems and they had already played last midweek against Ayr. Everything was in our favour and we were so annoyed that the game was called off.

"The weather had been severe, but at 3pm on Saturday the pitch was fine. The referee was under pressure from Queen of the South, who were very keen for the game not to go on. In the end, they got their wish and the game was called off, so we were really disappointed and it means that will now come as a midweek fixture.

"Our chairman was quite right to come out and tell it like it was. We put the heating on and it was working fine. But, under pressure from Queens, the referee said the game shouldn't go ahead. You can't have your cake and eat it by criticising us and then, at the same time, wanting the game to be called off.

"If they had stayed on a bit longer the game could have gone ahead. We're obviously desperate for the game to be on this weekend against Ayr United and we will be taking every possible action to make sure the game does go on."

That really says it all.....

What a way for a club's manager to treat their supporters, knowing that most of them were only about an hour away from Inverness....