QOS- GAME OFF

RiG

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My car temperature guage is indicating a healthy +1degree C... Surely USH should be able to cope with that.

You've got to feel gutted for all the QOS supporters that made the trip up last night, from Dumfries, and all those presently on their way.

The heating was on but the temp hit -8 last night around the ground and the heating does not work under -6 so because of this the game was off, nothing at all the club could do and also if anyone if to blame for the late kick off is the referee who was 2 hours late doing the inspection

Unbelievable...............It's a cracking day in Inverness for football. We needed this game on badly. If this is a cost cutting exercise it's a complete disgrace and could well cost us the league. It will be very very interesting to hear the Club's view on this.

Very dissapointing but quite baffling too, I haven't seen any grass all morning anywhere around town that doen't look fine. I know it's bit colder at the stadium but surely it can't be that much different from elsewhere in town?

I'm sure by 3.00pm it would have been perfectly playable and no one would have blinked an eyelid.

I'm sure by 3.00pm it would have been perfectly playable and no one would have blinked an eyelid.

You would have thought so, wouldn't you?

I'm wondering if our groundstaff/management/players, etc, are in agreement with the referees decision...

Surely it must've been touch and go if the pitch was playable or not, so what I don't understand is why not have the inspection at, say, 2pm? That'd given the ush a bit more time, which, when combined with the rising temperatures, would've in all likelihood meant the pitch was playable.

The Queens fans are up here anyway, or enroute, so it's not like many would've been put out at waiting a few extra hours for a decision.

USH is useless at temps lower than about -5. Also if its on too long it kills the grass. At least we had some notice of the game being off. St Johnston was called off at twelve for 12.45 kick off.

Game not on, undersoil heating not on. This is just typical of the way this club is this now. A complete laughing stock!!!!!!!!! :(