Sanchez

tm4tj

As it says on the tin.

What do you think of Dani.........

My thinking is that he is one of the most talented players to play for ICT. His vision is second to none and he can play people in at will. Maybe he is too clever for us.

Whats your thoughts as he seems to be getting equal amounts of praise and stick at the same time???

I agree, and will add, from a playing in the hole point of view, who better have we had of got now... he is awsome end off.

I think his best performances come when we are away from home, probably because we play our counter-attacking football and the games are more open, giving him more space to pick out the killer passes and play people in. At home, he is maybe not as effective due to other teams sometimes coming to TCS to sit in and defend.

As said, his decision-making at times can leave a little to be desired, but he is definitely the most creative player we have at the moment.

Must admit I've hardly managed any home games this season but our away form has been pretty good, including Sanchez. Cannae understand the amount of moaning there is, maybe if I saw more home games it would be different.

I'm not his biggest fan.

If you ask any footballer their ideal position (if they had the skill and talent to do so) what position on the park they'd like to play it would be "in behind the striker", reason being.. this role requires the least amount of running out of any position on the park. You can basically sit and watch play go past for 89 minutes and then play a decent through ball or score a goal and you're the hero. It is also the position that some of the most renound players in the world have played i.e Del Piero, Riquelme, Zidane, Totti, Zola, Le Tissier etc.

The way that Tel has us set up allows us the novelty of this type of player but for me if Sanchez wants to continue playing there then he needs to contribute more goals and more assists.... making himself a nuisance to defenders isn't enough

I do not write often, rather look but then I come to realise that this site continually Slags off the players we still have!!

Some posters slagged off Pavels,!!! Told ya!! international player now, some said Narius would not make it, well he has proved all those amateur pundits Wrong!! and I told you so!!

So why does this site , a site for true supporters get there kicks doing daily a kicking in the goolys"" for various team members, sorry guys but do not understand it, and it seems to be an ongoing thing

I'd wouldn't say there's anyone slagging him off and anyway the whole point in having a forum is that people have different views. For example - some people will like a player, some will not. Some will like a manager, some will not. Some will like the home kit, some will not. I could go on and on. If you look through this thread for example, I'd say most rate the guy. This thread and forums in general, are there for people to express their opposing and honest views. If everyone thought everything and everyone was amazing, things would get a little dull.

Edited by Renegade

So why does this site , a site for true supporters get there kicks doing daily a kicking in the goolys"" for various team members, sorry guys but do not understand it, and it seems to be an ongoing thing

It is some posters who do the slagging (at times), not the site ... the site is merely a conduit for people to express their varied opinions .... sorry, but I do get on my hobby horse when the site and ergo, everyone who is a member of it, is accused of something as a collective group or entity.

PS - Happy Birthday Latviaman :lol:

I do not write often, rather look but then I come to realise that this site continually Slags off the players we still have!!

Some posters slagged off Pavels,!!! Told ya!! international player now, some said Narius would not make it, well he has proved all those amateur pundits Wrong!! and I told you so!!

Because it makes the trashers seem important in their own minds....which does appear to be the total sum of their ambitions? Sad people or what?

No problems with trashing where deserved....provided that there is the occasional acknowledgment of adequacy, even if they are not prepared to admit anything more.

I have to say, if I were an ICT player stupid enough to read this forum.......I'd be giving many on here the two finger salute......because nothing will ever satisfy those who have played themselves at the highest level and have won every honour going...even if their accolades were acquired in their dreams.

I get the impression that there are not as many true supporters on here as they would have us believe.

I get the impression that there are many on here who only support as long as the team does well, and who got into ICT supporting, as opposed to the Glasgow and Edinburgh Old Firm supporting, because ICT were in the SPL.......and one of twelve, and who now find it hard to keep up the enthusiasm given that ICT has dropped from relative SFA importance...and are back on a par with Ross County.

I think it sad that there are people who prefer to trash rather than encourage players/management.....particularly when those trashers would be hard pushed to score a goal from a penalty or set piece themselves.......or to decide which player was the most capable of doing so.

Easy to trash from the position of knowing nothing more than that you have an opinion...and caring about nothing other than that opinion. That is called pontificating from minimal knowledge, imo.

I'd wouldn't say there's anyone slagging him off and anyway the whole point in having a forum is that people have different views. For example - some people will like a player, some will not. Some will like a manager, some will not. Some will like the home kit, some will not. I could go on and on. If you look through this thread for example, I'd say most rate the guy. This thread and forums in general, are there for people to express their opposing and honest views. If everyone thought everything and everyone was amazing, things would get a little dull.

For sure....but there are ways of putting a POV across and there is slagging..........and a POV acknowledges good things, while highlighting bad things.....and slagging is posts such those which trash players/management because those players/management are not to your taste, even if you are in the minority..by a large amount.....and even if everything they do/have done is not all bad.

Nobody is all bad, and no actions are all bad....and refusing to acknowledge any good in anyone is slagging, imo.

We can all have different views..the world would be boring if we did not.......however, different views does not necessitate that those views are not tempered by acknowledgement of the good things as well as the strident denunciation of the bad things.

Some on here appear to do strident denunciation to the exclusion of all else.....and that is the attitude which makes some wonder as to the honesty of their avowed allegiance to ICT.

Reminds me a bit of the Juanjo situation. Looked out of place when he arrived, learned the "game" here and started to cause defenders problems and then started contributing with goals.

Sanchez seems to be following a similar path and I don't think it will be long before he starts banging in a few more of his own as well as continuing to create chances for others.

For sure....but there are ways of putting a POV across and there is slagging..........and a POV acknowledges good things, while highlighting bad things.....and slagging is posts such those which trash players/management because those players/management are not to your taste, even if you are in the minority..by a large amount.....and even if everything they do/have done is not all bad.

Nobody is all bad, and no actions are all bad....and refusing to acknowledge any good in anyone is slagging, imo.

We can all have different views..the world would be boring if we did not.......however, different views does not necessitate that those views are not tempered by acknowledgement of the good things as well as the strident denunciation of the bad things.

Some on here appear to do strident denunciation to the exclusion of all else.....and that is the attitude which makes some wonder as to the honesty of their avowed allegiance to ICT.

think you're going a bit overboard mate, Tm4tj asked the question in his OP so everyone has a right to give their opinion...

There is a lot worse threads than this so I'm suprised you've sparked up here.... all I said is he needs to contribute more before he is worthy of high praise. He we still be encouraged and given full support on the football pitch

Caley D - I don't think it's the same as Juanjo with Sanchez. Juanjo would always have some sort of impact on a game (good or bad) you were guarenteed to have some incident he was involved in throughout the 90 mins to talk about after and that's almost the exact opposite with Sanchez.. he can be annonomous and for the position he's playing that shouldn't be the case.

I know very little about Dani other than he's young and very new to Scottish football. I cant see how anyone can compare him to Juanjo. Juanjo had a good deal of experience of the british game, including 3 years at Hearts, before he came to us so had a good idea what to expect. Dani, I believe, only has a Spanish schooling behind him and so has a great deal to learn about our game. Personally I think he's beginning to grasp it now and can only get better.

Ah, see what you've done there. So just because doesn't rate someone else (thus putting forth an opinion) or as you incorrectly put it "not to their taste" when they could display reasons for feeling this way, and if you decide that "X" isn't all that bad, and many others disagree with the aforementioned poster, then it by default it becomes slagging? Okay...

Not it isn't. In this thread for example no-one has slagged off Sanchez. Some have said they rate him and said why. Some have said they don't - and said why. No-ones gone overboard and started uncalled for name calling and if someone says that they don't rate someone, and says why in a diplomatic and orchestrated manner, then by no stretch of the imagination is that "slagging."

What if you can see no good things and say what those are? If that's how you feel, then there's nothing wrong with that.