Butcher to Rangers...

This is almost certainly complete horses***, but I thought I'd stick it in anyway, as it purports to come from a source within Ibrox and because I'm bored and looking for responses...

Apparently, according to one the current Rangers under-19 team, if the new Willis-backed consortium buys out David Murray, their preferred management team would be Souness with Butcher and Stuart McCall as backroom staff. There are so many what ifs about this that it is barely worthy of webspace; especially because about the last person to have any real idea of what might be going on at the top levels at Ibrox would be a youth player. All the same, you can understand why a new administration would see the appeal of having Butcher as part of the set-up.

I think you would find McCoist involved in a big way, long before Butch got a call.

Yup, I think you're right. I also think, barring an unbelieveable collapse this season, that Smith would have to want to step aside: can't really see the Rangers support believing that Souness would better a better option, especially when he's unlikely to have an open chequebook to play with. Then again, there's nothing like a new regime for making cretinous football decisions, especially if the investors have a particular interest in one person...

Edited by alternative maryhill

I do think Smith is ready to step aside sooner than people think and McCoist seems to be the heir apparent which would be a gamble for them given his lack of experience. A change in ownership could throw everything up in the air though.

Whatever happens lets hope TB is not involved.

I think you would find McCoist involved in a big way, long before Butch got a call.

Yup, I think you're right. I also think, barring an unbelieveable collapse this season, that Smith would have to want to step aside: can't really see the Rangers support believing that Souness would better a better option, especially when he's unlikely to have an open chequebook to play with. Then again, there's nothing like a new regime for making cretinous football decisions, especially if the investors have a particular interest in one person...

Why would Smith need to step aside? Hes managing Rangers without a contract just aint he?

If they do want butcher then possibly we might get a few bob for him(not wanting him to go adn it wont be much either)

Smith has done an incredible job with Rangers, as he did with Scotland before.

He hasn't been allowed to pay a transfer fee for the last couple of years, and has had to let players go for financial reasons. Player for player I think Celtic have been better than Rangers in recent years, and it must be down to managerial superiority that Rangers are going to win the title again.

And he's done well in Europe for them, getting the tactics right to have the dubious honour of being the worst team in living memory to reach a final.

They'd be mad to get rid of him. So hopefully they will. :)

This is almost certainly complete horses***, but I thought I'd stick it in anyway, as it purports to come from a source within Ibrox and because I'm bored and looking for responses...

Apparently, according to one the current Rangers under-19 team, if the new Willis-backed consortium buys out David Murray, their preferred management team would be Souness with Butcher and Stuart McCall as backroom staff. There are so many what ifs about this that it is barely worthy of webspace; especially because about the last person to have any real idea of what might be going on at the top levels at Ibrox would be a youth player. All the same, you can understand why a new administration would see the appeal of having Butcher as part of the set-up.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: got to be post of the year so far .

Not gonna happen he just signed an extra 1 year to his contract until end of next season

Contracts can be broken.

However I don't think that Butcher would go to Rangers, Aberdeen maybe but not Rangers.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: got to be post of the year so far .

Any post is better than your Lol Lol Lol posts.

Whilst it wouldn't surprise me much to see Butcher go back to Rangers one day in some capacity, I can't see this one happening. Surely if they really were interested in Butcher, they'd have done their homework and seen that his contract was nearly up, and informed him of their move thus Butcher not signing on for another season with Rangers not having to pay ICT any compensation.

I said, on here, that Butcher would be at Rangers yet. I think it was around the time that Butcher's name was linked to ICT or shortly after he took the job.