Division 1 Scorers

BornCaley

I see on the BBC website that our Caley No9 is top scorer. Well done to Adam for coming good t his season. He's scored where it matters and hope he has a few more to add to his current tally of 15 goals. Here's the top 5 + link

ROONEY INVERNESS CT 15

GRIFFITHS DUNDEE 11

HARKINS DUNDEE 11

HOLMES QOS 10

BUCHANAN PARTICK 9

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/s...ers/default.stm

Edited by BornCaley

Dundee will probably sign him!

I would say the man can play at a far higher level than Dundee,anyway why would he want to leave a SPL club to go back to the 1st division to play for Dundee?

If Dundee were to win the league the players are literally sacking themselves as money bags would soon push them out the door to make way for higher calibre players around 4 players would be kept for the team,

Plan B is to beat Dundee on the last game of the season.

Plan A is to be 3 points ahead after playing AYR on game 35, with Dundee having to beat ICT by 4 goals to go up.

Is there not a buy back clause in his contract if Stoke want him back? I seem to remember hearing about when he signed and there's one in Football Manager.

I think they had a clause to buy him back at teh end of his first season with us.

As Rooney isn't six foot six and can't throw the ball 100 yards I doubt Tony Pulis would be interested anyway.

Plan B is to beat Dundee on the last game of the season.

Plan A is to be 3 points ahead after playing AYR on game 35, with Dundee having to beat ICT by 4 goals to go up.

I would take this! Sounds like a plan.

I think Rooney has been playing brilliantly this season and after Foran saying he was going to get 20 goals it's good that we have another forward who has been getting them. He puts himself about and plays the lone striker role really well. Griffiths who?

Foran is on 7 according to the Beeb, so he may get his wishes.

Question: Im sure Adam will get over 20 goals come the end of the season, so When was the last time an ICT player bagged >20 goals in a season. Ian Stewart perhaps?

And its amazing what you learn from Football Manager!

Edited by BornCaley

Question: Im sure Adam will get over 20 goals come the end of the season, so When was the last time an ICT player bagged >20 goals in a season. Ian Stewart perhaps?

I think Dargo got 20 in his first season (all tournaments).

Going by Soccerbase (which is never entirely accurate), Wyness managed 26, 22 and 27 for the 3 seasons from 2000/01, and Paul Ritchie got 20, 21 and 22 for the 3 seasons from 2001/02.

And then there was that Romanian international striker we had, who I'm guessing must have got at least 30.

I think Dargo got 20 in his first season (all tournaments).

This site's stats says 20, which I believe, Soccerbase says 19 for 05/06.

Dargo's last 10 seasons make interesting reading. We certainly got the best out of him.

7 01/02

1 02/03

3 03/04

2 04/05

19 05/06 ICT

12 06/07 ICT

1 07/08

4 08/09

2 09/10

Edited by Yngwie

Its amazing what money can do...and we have it!

Ah, the gaudy boast of the noveau riche. You sound, dear boy, like a brassy old slapper whose scratchcard habit has finally paid off. What a shame that money can't buy you a little bit of panache.

Since he seems to be able to score penalties then he has been chosen on more than one occasion to take the kick.

This has boosted his tally a tad, rather than his scoring them all with skill and so forth.

Not to detract from the fact that he has improved greatly since the start of the season and it is great to see that he is finally being effective in the lone striker role, so long may it continue. With good support he might really turn out to be a winner by the seasdon's end.

And ICT's goal difference continues to be the best in the league.

Had they not lost some awful goals (e.g. the deflection for Dundee that won them a draw last week) then Caley Thistle would be top of the league.

Rooney has scored 18 goals this season. I was just looking at who got the assists and it breaks down roughly thus:

Imrie - 3

Foran - 3

Hayes - 3

Penalties - 7 (including the goal against County when he knocked in the rebound)

Won the ball himself - 2

Reading through some of the other reports a rough estimate to how many assists Rooney has chalked up is around three or four.

Is there not a buy back clause in his contract if Stoke want him back? I seem to remember hearing about when he signed and there's one in Football Manager.

:rolleyes:

It's brilliant that you can become educated in Scottish football through Football Manager :lol:

It's true though, I've learnt loads of stuff of it, and got ICT promoted and into the Scottish Cup final in my first season - mainly through my unique blend of football tactics!

:rolleyes:

It's brilliant that you can become educated in Scottish football through Football Manager :lol:

It's true though, I've learnt loads of stuff of it, and got ICT promoted and into the Scottish Cup final in my first season - mainly through my unique blend of football tactics!

I completely agree, I've went teams like East Stirling before trying to make the step up the leagues and you can quickly become familiar with the players in the league and what they look like from their photos.