ICT fan's Old Firm preference...

Kylef

Old Firm Preference  

32 members have voted

1. 1. What side of the Old Firm do you prefer?

• Rangers
    • Celtic

After reading a topic on the P&B site, i wondered what everyones preference was to the Old Firm, as everyone on the site thinks it is the blue side.

Im not asking here for people to come out 'no one but caley thistle' and all this tripe, if you have a preference stick it in the poll. Describe why if you please.

I was brought up on Rangers all my life, the whole family as Rangers-daft, but when ICT was formed and having been born in Inverness and lived in Tomatin before coming to Cowdenbeath, this was to be my one and only team.

But when it comes to the SPL title, obviously because ICT arent up there id rather see Rangers than Celtic nab it. Please dont shoot me down for this guys, its only a question im intrigued on the answer to.

My 2p.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My preference would be that they both go bust and disappear from the face of the earth, why no option like that in the poll?

Having worked at sea my adult life one conversation which has bugged me on ships with English dominant crews is

"what football team do you support?"

"Inverness Caley Jags"

"no, but which one do you support out of Rangers and Celtic?"

I used to reply "who do you really support out of Man U and Arsenal"

I've never set foot in Castle Greyskull and have only been to celtic's ground once to watch Caley after scoring free tickets. I avoid giving them money if I can help it. I'm not going to vote in this poll as I dislike both and what they claim to represent. Scotland would be a much better place without them. It would be great if this property developer who is trying to buy the blue huns is successful and turns the temple of doom into a car park. Can you amend this poll so there's a 'I detest them both in equal measure' option?

Edited by Top Six Next Year

After reading a topic on the P&B site, i wondered what everyones preference was to the Old Firm, as everyone on the site thinks it is the blue side.

Im not asking here for people to come out 'no one but caley thistle' and all this tripe, if you have a preference stick it in the poll. Describe why if you please.

I was brought up on Rangers all my life, the whole family as Rangers-daft, but when ICT was formed and having been born in Inverness and lived in Tomatin before coming to Cowdenbeath, this was to be my one and only team.

But when it comes to the SPL title, obviously because ICT arent up there id rather see Rangers than Celtic nab it. Please dont shoot me down for this guys, its only a question im intrigued on the answer to.

My 2p.

Why are you intrigued? Personally I can't stand either of them. Bigotted bile either side you fall so no thanks.

The problem with the poll is that it only serves to add fuel to the "everyone has a big team" argument. Why must people be one or the other? Why not include a "Neither" option to show how many of us don't give a flying toss for either of them?

Hate both with a passion. Growing up I had to take abuse from both sets of fans. I was born on one side of the religious divide, but my brothers supported the other side. So I got, indeed still do get crap, when I go home, from both sides.

Option 3 for me- Couldn't give a toss about either of them or their fans.

The surroundings where I was brought up were predominately Catholic and therefore Celtic supporting. Having said that I never experienced bigotry until in my teens and away from home. Thats when I chose not to have any affiliation to either. Living in central belt, and until the formation of ICT, I would spend some saturdays at Brockville.

Nowadays I cant stand either of the OF, partly for what they stand for but, mainly for their control over, and ultimate destruction of the Scottish league system.

Half my family are celtic fans the other half are rangers fans, with me being the only one not spoting either and I cant stand any of them, consist abuse at matches, the bigotry the list goes on and on no thanks get rid of both of them to england and watch them fail and want back to scotland and hear the fans complain about no europe

none, they are both scum and imo, they are to blame for the nick scottish football is in!! I you put a gun to my head and said chose, id say.... pull the trigger!!

My big team is kinda Arsenail with shaven arse.... only due to the fact that its Georgeios Jnrs Diddy team with his mummy side.

Born and brought up with a Celtic Bias, but now hate them equally for all reasons above. So we do need a neither option as you ask for current preference. Became a caleythistle glory hunter when I took my son to their first SPL game - or he took me - and we've all (5 of us) been Season ticket holders since, and play good, bad or average, we still look forward to the next game. Big Teams? don't really follow any, but like to watch any of the top european games for entertainment value alone.

The problem with the poll is that it only serves to add fuel to the "everyone has a big team" argument. Why must people be one or the other? Why not include a "Neither" option to show how many of us don't give a flying toss for either of them?

Aye, thats why I was slightly embarassed by this to be honest. I',m in no way criticising the OP as he's just looking for a discussion. But the topic seems to assume everyone does indeeed support one of the OF.

Aye, thats why I was slightly embarassed by this to be honest. I'm in no way criticising the OP as he's just looking for a discussion. But the topic seems to assume everyone does indeeed support one of the OF.

I don't think it suggests or implies everyone 'supports' one of the Old Firm, but as in most either/or scenarios people often have a preference.

Aye, thats why I was slightly embarassed by this to be honest. I'm in no way criticising the OP as he's just looking for a discussion. But the topic seems to assume everyone does indeeed support one of the OF.

I don't think it suggests or implies everyone 'supports' one of the Old Firm, but as in most either/or scenarios people often have a preference.

True. But it's like asking whether you would prefer to have typhoid or cholera. Both options make you sick.