The Cove

Scotty

A wee Dolphin fact for you, and one that may upset all the Dolphin lovers that think they are great. Along with humans...Dolphins are the only other creatures that effectivley RAPE other Dolphins. Gang rape scenarios have been observed, where a single female dolphin is forced into sex with several persuers while the other male dolphins effectivley take it in turns to corner the victim!

Do you have a link to a paper on this? Would be interesting reading. Certainly I know that they are like lions in that they practice infanticide but I have read nothing on this.

Smee? Any news on this then?

Sorry RiG....i saw it in a tv documentry many years ago....like.....10 yrs or something.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just read this thread and it's an incredibly emotive subject - Will set the timer on sky to watch the cove.

I realise the thread is mainly about dolphins but the slaughter of any innocent mammal is unacceptable in this day and age- unfortunately many expose's over many years have taken place in countries such as China where slaughter of dogs etc are still happening and until governments get tough on these barbaric practices not much is going to change.

Hopefully over many years ahead and with the greater awareness round the world and with global interaction through the internet etc attitudes may change but that will take countries like China to allow freedom to access things that we take for granted and drop the censorship they and many others still impose on their citizens.

The world against whaling are another group which tries to stop these practices happening - here is a vid of theirs from you tube and please be aware that it is not suitable for young un's

http://youtu.be/hZ9ax3bZkhI

The Cove is on telly next week, More4.

Anyone seen the South Park episode where Japanese people invade Seaworld and kill all the dolphins?

do you know what night? keen to see it

Tues Night at 10 p.m.

The Cove is on telly next week, More4.

Anyone seen the South Park episode where Japanese people invade Seaworld and kill all the dolphins?

do you know what night? keen to see it

Tues Night at 10 p.m.

Nice one, cheers

What differentiates Cows and Pigs in Western countries from Whales and Dogs in Eastern countries?

All joking aside, I am interested in peoples answer to my question.