Jocky Scott Sacked

stevico1

You got any more facts? You seem to be a Dundee insider ....

players were late in getting their wages

How late, an hour, a day, a week , a month ? If there was an issue with the Dundee players getting paid do you not think the press would have picked up on it.

i already said on this thread, "DUNDEE ARE SKINT, THEY HAVE TO GO UP"

Easy to say but where are the facts.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

JOCKY Scott last night insisted Dundee haven't had the credit they deserve for their Treble tilt.

The Dark Blues boss, who is gearing up for Saturday's Scottish Cup quarter-final home clash with Raith Rovers, said: "If you'd told me at the start of the season we'd be top of the league, get to the quarter-finals of the Legaue Cup to be narrowly beaten by Rangers, win the Alba Cup and get to the last eight of the Scottish Cup, I'd have bitten your hand off.

"Everything has been covered over by one or two bad results, so we possibly haven't had the credit we deserve."

Do you still think he would bite your hand off? tut tut Jocky, you just weren't good enough....

Stephen Kenny, Mixu Paatelainen or Robbo ??

Don't understand why Dundee are skint.. Dundee's money men are on record as saying the rebuild and promotion plan was to be a two year plan. So if they were not going up this year this was pressumably factored in for financially?

G

Edited by kiltarlity

Stephen Kenny, Mixu Paatelainen or Robbo ??

Don't understand why Dundee are skint.. Dundee's money men are on record as saying the rebuild and promotion plan was to be a two year plan. So if they were not going up this year this was pressumably factored in for financially?

G

get promotion the first year , then buy the players who are capable of keeping them in the SPL for the second year,bcos the squad they have the now cant do it.

That is the 2 year plan

Has anyone ever blew a lead as much as Dundee had at Xmas?

TRY clyde Deja Vue

Just done some homework and Clydes biggest lead against us was 7 points, that we pulled that back with 8 games to go. Our biggest lead over Clyde was 6 points, well early into the season after 8 games.

get promotion the first year , then buy the players who are capable of keeping them in the SPL for the second year,bcos the squad they have the now cant do it.

That is the 2 year plan

I'm pretty sure the 2 year plan kiltarlity referred to was to just gain promotion in the 2 seasons, so you'd have to expect Melville will continue to pump his 'millions' into Dundee wheather they fail or succeed in their attempt to gain promotion this season.

Has anyone ever blew a lead as much as Dundee had at Xmas?

TRY clyde Deja Vue

In terms of Scottish football i cant think of too many, but i definately remember Newcastle Utd squandering a 15 point lead to Man U...

That is the 2 year plan

I'm pretty sure the 2 year plan kiltarlity referred to was to just gain promotion in the 2 seasons, so you'd have to expect Melville will continue to pump his 'millions' into Dundee wheather they fail or succeed in their attempt to gain promotion this season.

if that wa sthe plan as you said Jocky Scott would not have been sacke dwith ten games to go, a new manager would have been brought in at the end of the season. Now they are taking one massive gamble. New manager , new tactics? but still the same players who got them where they are but now are slipping.Dundee have blown it by this decision, this should now give Caley everything they need to win the league. one of the main contenders now in turmoil, more than Caley fans could have expected at this stage of the season.

That is the 2 year plan

if that wa sthe plan as you said Jocky Scott would not have been sacke dwith ten games to go, a new manager would have been brought in at the end of the season. Now they are taking one massive gamble. New manager , new tactics? but still the same players who got them where they are but now are slipping.Dundee have blown it by this decision, this should now give Caley everything they need to win the league. one of the main contenders now in turmoil, more than Caley fans could have expected at this stage of the season.

Ok thanks thats clear now

Think I would be happy with Colin Hendry, or even Craig Brewster going back to Tanadice Street. Maybe they will try all the managers in the chasing pack, from us all the waty down to Airdrie. Any ex players of theirs available just now?

I doubt very much if more money will be pumped into Dundee by Mr Mellville. He invested a lot. Took a gamble that promotion would be easy. Hit the panic button. Sack the manager. I dont think theres enough games left for a new manager to come in and get the required result this season. I think the board at Dundee have made a big mistake.

Jocky's record:- Played 66....Won 31......Drawn 21.....Lost 14. Won Challenge cup. QF of League cup. QF of Scottish cup. Thats a record many would be proud of.

Dundee, since Melville came in, have tried, where others have failed, to buy the league title.

That is the 2 year plan

I'm still not convinced. They are 3 points clear and still on for promotion this season, so even if it is a 1 year plan to go up they're still very much on course for it so doubt Jocky would have been sacked although they've been dropping points recently.. As has been mentioned his record is fantastic, must be something going on behind the scenes. Not everything was nice and rosey, reportedly some players were making 'off the record' comments about him.

Edited by Iain

Fair play to the Dundee Board for taking decisive action and making a tough decision when it needed to be made!

They've been on an awful run!

Bad news for us - will surely shake their players up a bit to fight!

If they have already lined someone up to take over by close of play on Monday, must be someone not currently in management?

Interesting times ahead!!!

BOOOM!!!

I love this scenario, the dens park side are like a fish out of water and all of a sudden we are looking like a strady ship...I dont care WHO they get, im confident we can sack that manager too!!! Deja vue circa promotion last time!

MON THE CALEY EH!!

p.s. hope its mcall lol!

Hi Iain

How far ahead were Dundee? about 12 -15 points at one time.Now that has been reduced to 3 with the same amount of games played as Caley, 1 less than Dunfermline who are on the same points as Caley, Dundee and Caley played2 games more than Ross County, who are 6 points behind.Q.o.S are out of the running.

A draw betweeen Ross County and Dundee next week and a win for Caley , would bring Caley 1 point behind Dundee with same amount of games played and 5 ahead of County who have 2 games in hand BUT Caley would have the points on the board. Caley have another home game against County, which IF Caley win could take care of County's challenge.

A lot of tough games to go , with points being droped by all clubs concerned BUT i sill feel this is Caley's league, even if it comes to the last game of the season against Dundee.

If Caley do it and if my memory serves me well, they will be the first team to bounce straight back up to the SPL.

So heres hoping