Jocky Scott Sacked

stevico1

That's a heck of a decision to make at such a crucial time of the season. whoever gets it, and however good they are, it takes time for a new man to settle in and get to know the players. The players will be feeling the uncertainty too. I can't see it as anything else than pressing the panic button, with the likely result of spreading the feeling that they are imploding. We know how difficult it is to find any managers at this level, so how anybody is going to turn round a team with no time is anybody's guess. If Dundee don't go up, their board will have made a rod for their own backs, since no-one can blame the new boss. All the challengers will be greatly encouraged by this.

Same thing happened in 98 when John McCormack had us 5 points clear but it was felt he couldn't finish the job.The man that was brought in to get us promoted..............?

Jocky Scott!!

Never a dull moment

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dundee offical statment:

Every effort will be made to ensure the appointment of a new manager is made as quickly as possible. The club will not be advertising the post.

looks like they may already have a guy!

That's a heck of a decision to make at such a crucial time of the season. whoever gets it, and however good they are, it takes time for a new man to settle in and get to know the players. The players will be feeling the uncertainty too. I can't see it as anything else than pressing the panic button, with the likely result of spreading the feeling that they are imploding. We know how difficult it is to find any managers at this level, so how anybody is going to turn round a team with no time is anybody's guess. If Dundee don't go up, their board will have made a rod for their own backs, since no-one can blame the new boss. All the challengers will be greatly encouraged by this.

Same thing happened in 98 when John McCormack had us 5 points clear but it was felt he couldn't finish the job.The man that was brought in to get us promoted..............?

Jocky Scott!!

Never a dull moment

Just curious..are you happy with this decision?

I've supported Jocky wholeheartedly all season and argued with the naysayers but todays result on the back of the recent run made his position untennable in my opinion, and i agree action had to be taken.It's obvious problems have developed behing the scenes and taking no action was not an option,so Yes, i am happy with the decision.

I've supported Jocky wholeheartedly all season and argued with the naysayers but todays result on the back of the recent run made his position untennable in my opinion, and i agree action had to be taken.It's obvious problems have developed behing the scenes and taking no action was not an option,so Yes, i am happy with the decision.

Ok thanks for the answer..for me its a very strange one, I can understand the reason behind it to an extent as Dundee were struggling recently but if you just look at the position the club are in it looks bizarre, 1st in League, won a trophy and 2 quarter finals, has any manager ever been sacked when in such a position before?

Ok thanks for the answer..for me its a very strange one, I can understand the reason behind it to an extent as Dundee were struggling recently but if you just look at the position the club are in it looks bizarre, 1st in League, won a trophy and 2 quarter finals, has any manager ever been sacked when in such a position before?

Has anyone ever blew a lead as much as Dundee had at Xmas?

Who would you like to see replace him?

Has anyone ever blew a lead as much as Dundee had at Xmas?

Perhaps not but who took them into such a lead ?

Looks like the back stabbing barstewards have already got somebody lined up.

My money would be on the two Jimmys.

Dundee FC Statement.

I think it might be but the source that told me Scott was sacked and this was at least an hour before it came out told me they had already spoken to McCall, of course just because they have spoken to him doesn't mean they will employ him but he might be considered

the decision was made after Raith result , board met 30 mis after the game...... fact

Looks like the back stabbing barstewards have already got somebody lined up.

My money would be on the two Jimmys.

Dundee FC Statement.

I think it might be but the source that told me Scott was sacked and this was at least an hour before it came out told me they had already spoken to McCall, of course just because they have spoken to him doesn't mean they will employ him but he might be considered

the decision was made after Raith result , board met 30 mis after the game...... fact

Ok did you just decide to keep the info quiet

You got any more facts? You seem to be a Dundee insider ....

players were late in getting their wages

How late, an hour, a day, a week , a month ? If there was an issue with the Dundee players getting paid do you not think the press would have picked up on it.

Edited by stevico1

Hmmmm, I'm now wondering if Butcher and Malpas may be lined up for it. The John McGlynn rumour I heard comes from a friend who is heavily involved with the Dees. He said he doesn't want McCall and most fans wouldn't want him either.

Hmmmm, I'm now wondering if Butcher and Malpas may be lined up for it. The John McGlynn rumour I heard comes from a friend who is heavily involved with the Dees. He said he doesn't want McCall and most fans wouldn't want him either.

They are NOT lined up for it

my mind is casting back to his post match interview after the Challenge cup final. Like Strachan he couldnt even bring himself to give the other team credit when they were outplayed and outclassed by ICT in the first half. My hate for him rom that moment knew no bounds...He was an arrogant so & so.

Goodbye Jocky Tw*t and despite being top of the league and a trophy in your cabinet; my congratulations to the Dundee FC board for the most timely decison in football.

Right im off to give my pal Jim Gellatly some pelters

You got any more facts? You seem to be a Dundee insider ....

players were late in getting their wages

How late, an hour, a day, a week , a month ? If there was an issue with the Dundee players getting paid do you not think the press would have picked up on it.

i already said on this thread, "DUNDEE ARE SKINT, THEY HAVE TO GO UP"