ICT -V- Airdrie Utd : matchnight thread

Scotty

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If Airdrie could beat Dundee 3-0, it must have been a very bad day at Dens. They are very poor.

Done at walking pace today, MOM Foran, what a difference he makes. Sanchez missed and embarrassing number of sitters, but we laughed and joked anyway. He's not really a striker, is he.

Rosco picking up everything in the midfield. It wouldn't be an exaggeration to say that no-one played badly, even though there were a few comedy moments. eg Ross running out of ideas, towards the end. PLenty time yet, young un.

Great results all round. Not too bothered either way about County, but anything that adds to the fixture congestion has to be good. They are a good side, and we may just need that bit of help. Here's to tired legs and a draw v Dundee. And a good win for us at Partick.

A great night, most comfortable performance and win of the season by far. Main comment is to echo previous observations how the f?ck did they beat Dundee so easily??

Have to say that I was gutted for Sanchez, was willing him to score and really wanted him to stay on the pitch till the end as SURELY it had to come good for home eventually! He's a class player, we wouldn't have scored as many as we had if he hadn't been on the pitch throughout the season. Look how we played tonight along the ground compared to against County - he has to be a factor.

Foran came good after what I feel was a bit of a "dry" spell - not just goals - his absence was noticeable in last couple of games and he's key to team. MOM for me too, athough it has to be said it was tough to call. Airdrie's keeper was fighting off Duncan for next best - Duncan is really showing his worth, picked up every loose ball, from off the line saving clearances to late bursts into the box to shoot.

A great night, and the one which has finally made me consider us as genuine title contenders.

Good night for us...and a good night for County and a wee warning for those that have dismissed them from the title race, County are also a good side this season,

Very true.

I was behind enemy lines tonight & have to say County thoroughly deserved their win against a pretty clueless Hibs side. All 3 goals were pretty scrappy but the home side pretty much played the visitors off the park. They remind me a lot of how we were 5-6 years ago a really hard working, well organised unit with everyone getting stuck in. Hopefully the cup will prove to be a big distraction for them as it looks like they will be more of a challenge than the faltering Dundee (who I admit to picking to win the league!)

I don't think I blended in very well as everyone around me went mental at the County goals and I just kept checking my phone for our score :D

The locals went ballistic at full time invading the pitch.I suppose this is their best ever result?? Bless :)

Have to say that I was gutted for Sanchez, was willing him to score and really wanted him to stay on the pitch till the end as SURELY it had to come good for home eventually! He's a class player, we wouldn't have scored as many as we had if he hadn't been on the pitch throughout the season. Look how we played tonight along the ground compared to against County - he has to be a factor.

He had no part to play in any of the goals though? Remember this though, Airdrie are only in the league because Livi almost went down the tubes so we should be sticking goals past them.

But have to say we were fantastic toningt :D

BELIEVE

Just had a very strange though. If C*unty beat Celtic, and it's a very big if, does that mean they'll be in Europe next season?

Just had a very strange though. If C*unty beat Celtic, and it's a very big if, does that mean they'll be in Europe next season?
Jesus yes they will be - IF Rangers win the SPL :D

dont believe so. Is it not this year that the automatic spot that used to go to the cup runners up if the winners also won the league now goes to the next best placed team in the SPL ??? Didnt they change it after Gretna and QOS both qualified on that basis ?

Terrific performance tonight.... Could have easily been 7-0, but 4 goals without reply is another very welcome boost for our GD, which could still come into the reckoning on Judgement Day (May 1st)

Just can't see Chisholm producing a dramatic turnaround at Dundee.... They should have gone for Robbo!

I can see it now... Celtic win 7-0 with Keane scoring all 7. County are deflated... And we go on to win the league. Sorted!

A bit harsh. Some of the other Celtic players might want to score a goal too. :D

Some cracking goals tonight. Foran's, Munro's and Hayes's - all net-bursting raspers. Could have been double figures. Sanchez should have had an easy hat-trick. Hard to believe Airdrie beat Dundee 3-0 going by tonight's showing.

Things are looking good. We just need to keep the nerve now that the season is coming to a head. Defence is doing a good job. Goal difference has been given a boost. Plenty reasons to be cheerful. Three points against C**nty next week would be just superb.

Edited by A96

Sanchez's finishing was p1sh poor tonight like every other night

And thats being kind

Sanchez is an intelligent, skillful player and we play better football when he is on the pitch. I agree that he needs to work on his finishing, but the fact that he got into so many goal scoring positions tonight proves he must be doing something right. Remember all the sitters Rooney missed before he turned into a goal machine. He has the ability, all he needs is a little composure in front of goal, that'll come with experience. Have faith people.

Sorry. i lost all my faith the last time agains ardrie when he hit the bar twice from point blank range

Very impressive performance tonight. Could have been 8 or 9 in the end if we had taken all our chances. Sanchez had a few great opportunities, and to be fair their keeper pulled off a few decent saves in the second half to help keep the score down. If it wasnt for that it would have been close to double figures tonight, still 4 goals for and none against is another welcome boost for our GD.

Another good solid defensive display as well.

Things are looking good.

Roll on Partick!

A bit unkind some of the comments regarding Dani. Yes he missed half a dozen chances but he also played reasonably well. I too was willing him to score, just to get the long term monkey off his back, he did everything else bar score, hitting the woodwork twice, forcing the keeper to make some fabulous stops and screwing shots wide. It's just as well that it never mattered. However, he is a proper ball player, somebody who you can normally rely on to make things happen.

I don't think anybody played badly, even Esson standing firm when Airdrie kept trying to score, how irritating was that. Well done to Grant Munro, he pinged some long balls towards Rooney who was running the channels brilliantly and his lack of pace seems to be in the mind only. Back to Grant though, some of his long passes were inch perfect, Rooney would signal the run, Grant would invariably find him, and he even had time to pop up in the box and scored a strikers goal, snapping up the volley from ten yards and finishing with applomb. As I said earlier, difficult to spot any failures, but picking on wee Dani is unjustified. Stand up Richie Foran. His intentions were clear from the off. Running hard at the defence and setting up others. An acrobatic overhead kick from the right edge of the eighteen yard line, set up the opener, it had enough power and accuracy to cause problems in the six yard box and Rooney took full advantage to eventually bundle the ball over the line from one inch. The second was a sweeping move from the back, and when Foran got the ball some twenty yards out he entered the left side of the box and his low drive at the keepers near post stunned Robertson. Grant as said struck the third sweetly and Jonny with his bog standard cut inside and finish rounded it off. He also had two or three other efforts blocked/saved and whistled one thirty-five yarder just over the bar. Only Ryan Esson never got into the Airdrie box and that was as emphatic a win as we have had all season at home

The only downside was the other chances we squandered, but a 4-0 win is pleasing on the eye. Easy to pick MoM, but not so easy to find a second and third as they all did a job tonight.

Stand up Richie Foran. His intentions were clear from the off. Running hard at the defence and setting up others. An acrobatic overhead kick from the right edge of the eighteen yard line, set up the opener, it had enough power and accuracy to cause problems in the six yard box and Rooney took full advantage to eventually bundle the ball over the line from one inch.

Brilliant! :004:

That audacious overhead kick was pure joy and I'm so glad a goal eventually resulted from it. I didn't think it was going to happen as the ball seemed to take an eternity to actually cross the line. Loved the celebration too. Happy days...

Sanchez is an intelligent, skillful player and we play better football when he is on the pitch. I agree that he needs to work on his finishing, but the fact that he got into so many goal scoring positions tonight proves he must be doing something right. Remember all the sitters Rooney missed before he turned into a goal machine. He has the ability, all he needs is a little composure in front of goal, that'll come with experience. Have faith people.

My feelings precisely.

Gret result and puts more pressure on Dee, also when you think how we struggled to get a draw against the diamonds earlier in the season, and the fact that this team beat dundee 3-0 ( cant believe how?) makes the win priceless.

Sanchez is a skillfull player, and the fact that he got himself into scoring positions shows he knows the route to goal-unlike Odi, according to other ICT players he is a great finisher at training.

I have a feeling that once Sanchez manages to get a couple of balls in the net then the floodgates will open and his contribution will prove just as vital as every other player during the run in.

I've a hunch these floodgates may very well open at Firhill on Saturday.

I have a feeling that once Sanchez manages to get a couple of balls in the net then the floodgates will open and his contribution will prove just as vital as every other player during the run in.

Just like Rooney then. He started off slow with us this season and now hes banging them in left, right and centre.

I was able to "watch" this game on SS whilst in Glasgow and was pretty surprised to see how easily we dispatched Airdrie. Hope we take this excellent momentum into the game against Partick. A draw wouldn't be disastrous.

All in all it was an all right sort of game, but it could of been so much more. Nice to see ICT passing the ball on the deck a lot more. Esson had little to do, Golly and Munro looked solid, as did Tokely. I'm still not a fan of him at centre-half mind, as he seems far too keen to pull out wide and at teams seems to play as ICT's 2nd right back. Cox fairly zipped about, while Duncan I thought had a quieter game, while Hayes played well and Foran worked hard. Rooney also put the effort, but Sanchez didn't seem to be quite as good. He does seem to have a bit of class, but his passing wasn't the best and he seldomly takes his chances. If he could actually score goals, he'd be some player (I actually also thought he hit the woodwork three times. To me it looked like he hit the post, not long after he hit the bar in the second half.)

An okay game and a good win. How Airdrie beat Dundee I'll never know, they were pretty rotten.