Dangerous Driving!

Joonya

Now, i dont know about anyone else, but people using thie mobile phones whilst driving really does annoy me.

What also annoys me when out in my car, or indeed out walking, is people not using their indicators properly/at all and just cutting people up. Furthermore, there's also those (especially that drive large/powerful cars and the obvious boy racers) who think they own the road and can do as they please because the think they are untouchable.

I then find it hilarious that when these fools do such things, they only gain themselves a measly few yards on the people they've just overtaken and p!55ed off!

An example of all the above occured just today on my way into town...

In front of me was a Land Rover Range Rover, and behind me was a Land Rover Range Rover. Both in black and both with what appeared to be personalised number plates. The LRRR in front followed all the rules, kept to the limit, followed the lanes appropriately around Smithton roundabout and kept a safe distance from the car in front. "only a fool breaks the 2 second rule" after all...

The LRRR behind, however, was a totally different story. Right up my r's, on his mobile phone and drifting over the white lines constantly. Only when hanging up his phone did i notice he WASNT EVEN WEARING HIS SEABELT!!! To continue the wee scenario, the LRRR then 'UNDER'TOOK me at the Tesco round about, weaved back in front of me leading up to the A9 and then cut infront of someone else, only to follow the outside lane all the way around the roundabout and onto the A9 Northbound... By the time I got to Halfords, the LRRR was ONLY 2 CARS AHEAD of me!!!

All that palava, all that arrogance, all that stupidity just to get an extra 20 yards and pi55 others off... Whats the F***in point hey? Chances are, had this pillock caused an accident, he'd have driven off or blamed someone else if caught.

Bit of advice - GET SOME MORE LESSONS, STOP BEING AN Rs AND HAVE SOME F***IN RESPECT :004:

Edited by Scotty
removed the name mentioned in the sub-title of this thread. no need to get personal !

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can't stand people who drive like that. Worst ones are poeple in queues who will change lanes and try to get right up the front before trying to get back into the lane. Or the people, particularly at the Smithton roundabout, who go into the outside lane to overtake two or three cars lengths ahead, it's so pointless.

Totally agree with what you say Jnr but please don't tar all 4x4 drivers with the same brush. I have a discovery but am considerate and careful when driving.

My biggest beef is people who park in disabled bays without a blue badge. I am registered disabled and have a badge to allow me to use the disabled bays. If I am having a good day I won't use the bays in case someone behind me needs it more. If I have a bad day I need that space as I struggle to walk any distance without suffering a great amount of pain and discomfort. I was just exiting comet at the retail park when a van pulled up into the bay next to me, so I watched to see if he was entitled to park there. He wasn't!! When I challenged him he replied that he was just picking up some shopping from Comet. I explained that it was a disabled bay for disabled people not for loading. He wasn't bothered until I started to get louder and people started to gather and listen. Eventually after me expressing my disgust at his lack of consideration and other people agreeing with me he moved his van rather red faced with embarrassment. I feel this is the only way to tackle people like this as nothing seems to be done by the law or security at the retail park. I actually mentioned cars parking in the disabled bays to Tesco security and was told there was nothing they could do about it. Probably couldn't be arsed with the aggro.

I too have a blue badge as my step-son is registered disabled and his balance is sometime off, but I rarely use it when I'm on my own - the cases that I do, I am either dropping off or picking up my step-son from his respite carer.

I too have spoken to people using bays when without a blue badge, but usually it ends in myself being in the wrong - how that happens i dont know... :blink:

You'll note from my original post that I did say the LRRR in front followed all the rules of the road; although i didnt notice if he/she had his/her seatbelt on.

There's a guy i've come accross on a few occasions that seems to think he owns the A96 between Narin and Inverness. Three or four times I've had this bloke right on my tail - he drives a silver 4x4 type vehicle (think it's a mitsubishi) and always has an old lady in the passenger seat. You'll soon notice him when he signals hand gestures because you're not quite over the needle!!! Tosher

You ought to try living here! Normally the most casualties on the road. Past couple of years we've been beaten into 2nd and 3rd place but don't worry, Egypt will fight back to it's first place in death by auto soon! Something to be proud of.

I too have a blue badge as my step-son is registered disabled and his balance is sometime off, but I rarely use it when I'm on my own - the cases that I do, I am either dropping off or picking up my step-son from his respite carer.

I too have spoken to people using bays when without a blue badge, but usually it ends in myself being in the wrong - how that happens i dont know... :blink:

You'll note from my original post that I did say the LRRR in front followed all the rules of the road; although i didnt notice if he/she had his/her seatbelt on.

There's a guy i've come accross on a few occasions that seems to think he owns the A96 between Narin and Inverness. Three or four times I've had this bloke right on my tail - he drives a silver 4x4 type vehicle (think it's a mitsubishi) and always has an old lady in the passenger seat. You'll soon notice him when he signals hand gestures because you're not quite over the needle!!! Tosher

Just ease off the gas and make him wait, that'll p!ss him off even more.

Just ease off the gas and make him wait, that'll p!ss him off even more.

That and constantly tapping the brake usually makes them back off!

Good old road rage.

Personally I try and let it all wash over me. If someone is driving like an idiot near me, I just take a little more notice of them to ensure they're not putting me in danger and if they are then I remove myself from the situation by pulling back or giving them the space to get the hell out of my way.

The idea of doing something to make them even more agitated is a bit of a daft one as it inevitably means increasing the risk to yourself.

The argument that their actions are pointless as it saves them little or no time works exactly the same in reverse. If giving an idiot a bit of space only costs you a few yards/seconds then let them go and keep yourself safe.

You ought to try living here! Normally the most casualties on the road. Past couple of years we've been beaten into 2nd and 3rd place but don't worry, Egypt will fight back to it's first place in death by auto soon! Something to be proud of.

I remember from my childhood the Guiness Book of Records I had gave Egypt the honour of the world's easiest driving test. It comprised going 6 feet forwards, then 6 feet in reverse. I trust the test is a bit more comprehensive nowadays?

I had a HGV tailgating me today through road works om M62. There is a 3 mile set of roadworks with average speed camera's, 50mph. I was trundling along at 50mph, and the truck was only 8-10 ft behind me flashing his lights. I had nowhere to go as the outside lanes were full. My 2 youngest were in the back scared. I waited untill I was clear of the roadworks, let him past, took a note of the phone number/reg number on truck. Pulled over and phoned the company and gave them a mouthful. :blink:

Don't know if it will make any diffrence but I felt better after letting rip down the phone.

On the note of driving can people pass this on!! At the new roundabout on the a96 (turn off to Smithton/Culloden way) I have been honked at twice because I don't drive on the cheverons and follow the markings however people heading towards the a96 think I am cutting them up! I wish they would look at the road markings before I get angry!! :blink:

I too have spoken to people using bays when without a blue badge, but usually it ends in myself being in the wrong - how that happens i dont know... :ohmy:

I hope you never use it on your own as it is an offence to drive/park with a blue badge displayed unless the badge holder is in the car, unless as you stated you are dropping off/collecting the badge holder. I'm sure that's what you meant.

Another bad area is as you come off the A9 southbound at Millburn. The left hand lane merges into two with the right hand lane directing people right. SOOOOO many times I've been cut up there because people using the right hand slip lane think they can still head left to Tesco...

The road markings do in a way make some aspects of driving confusing or even difficult - take inches roundabout as another example - but to drive like a prat deliberately (like a certain person whose name has been removed from the title) and be as arrogant and selfish as he.... well, lets just say words to describe should not be viewed in public forum!!!

On a brighter note, I managed to change my headlight today (do you see what I did there) without cutting my hand to shreads.... :ohmy:

I too have spoken to people using bays when without a blue badge, but usually it ends in myself being in the wrong - how that happens i dont know... :ohmy:

I hope you never use it on your own as it is an offence to drive/park with a blue badge displayed unless the badge holder is in the car, unless as you stated you are dropping off/collecting the badge holder. I'm sure that's what you meant.

Indeed it is what I meant.

I remember from my childhood the Guiness Book of Records I had gave Egypt the honour of the world's easiest driving test. It comprised going 6 feet forwards, then 6 feet in reverse. I trust the test is a bit more comprehensive nowadays?

Driving test in Saudi consists of a blood test and an eye sight test.

After which it is a free for all. Eyes in the back of the head and anywhere else possible required. Most highways are 3 lanes with a hard shoulder and an outside hard shoulder (Allah's lane). To Saudi's that means 5 usable lanes to apply a very heavy right boot to while weaving in front of every car that is passable. If no space to get through then they start flashing headlights at everything in front of them while driving inches from the central concrete barrier and the vehicle in front, whilst making animated calls on their mobiles.

I heard last week that the town of Jubail which is close to where I am and a little smaller than Inverness had 65 reported RTA's in one day earlier this month. Despite most vehicles having seatbelts they are rarely used except by ex pats, and it is not unusual to see accidents where the cars have discharged their occupants during the shunt.

Why would we want women free roads? :P

Think about it -

Less drivers + no bad drivers (ie - 95% of women) = crashless society.

And that would also knock old women drivers out too (the worst of them all).

How do you find women-free roads?

Perhaps parts of Afghanistan? On ye go!

I thought Saudi Arabia had banned female drivers (one of the few things they've got right! :P )

Edited by Renegade

Why would we want women free roads? :P

Think about it -

How do you find women-free roads?

Perhaps parts of Afghanistan? On ye go!

I thought Saudi Arabia had banned female drivers (one of the few things they've got right! :P )

As the song say "there may be trouble ahead" :P

Nope....... i think tw@'s as described in the original post pose more of an annoyance to me than women - despite their inablity to reach the speed limit, drive straight or even park properly :P

I'm heading south for a weekend at Gringo Towers, and specifically drive at night not only to avoid conjestion, but to avoid these pillocks. lets face it, most of them will either be at the local car park doing doughnuts and drinking diamond white, whilst the other lot will be in their beds sleeping easy :P

Think about it -

Haha!! I don't think women are bad drivers, I just think you assume that it is a women in the car. For example, the amount of times my husband says whilst driving ' that stupid woman' and it's a man that is driving, then he denies it!

I also think that old drivers in general are a pain, not just old women drivers!

Nope....... i think tw@'s as described in the original post pose more of an annoyance to me than women - despite their inablity to reach the speed limit, drive straight or even park properly :P

Made me think of a time when I went to the Drs. I reversed parked and went in, I then felt a tap on my shoulder from a man who asked me 'was that a fluke or can you really park that well?' :P It made me laugh because he would never of asked a man that! x