Where could I see the highlights of games?

dam17

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasnt really conveyed in the press release as you have to be brief and to the point and give praise all round but the lion's share of the praise MUST go to Andy Johnstone who is both filming and editing the footage.

Andy sits atop the shoogly gantry (except for the County game where it was too windy and unsafe), films the game and then goes home and edits it .... editing is a far harder task than most imagine and will take numerous hours to clip 90 minutes down to only three (as much as we can show). Andy then supplies us with the edited video which we add credits, titles and captions to and then convert to a filesize and format that can be streamed properly. The club add the page to their site and voila, a truly collaborative effort that we hope is the first of many.

Andy - I know you are registered on here but I am not actually sure of your username ....... please take a bow for your efforts.

It wasnt really conveyed in the press release as you have to be brief and to the point and give praise all round but the lion's share of the praise MUST go to Andy Johnstone who is both filming and editing the footage.

Andy sits atop the shoogly gantry (except for the County game where it was too windy and unsafe), films the game and then goes home and edits it .... editing is a far harder task than most imagine and will take numerous hours to clip 90 minutes down to only three (as much as we can show). Andy then supplies us with the edited video which we add credits, titles and captions to and then convert to a filesize and format that can be streamed properly. The club add the page to their site and voila, a truly collaborative effort that we hope is the first of many.

Andy - I know you are registered on here but I am not actually sure of your username ....... please take a bow for your efforts.

Hear hear

Okay step in the right direction, but even Peterhead have this.

Aye, but this time yesterday we didn't, and now we do!

Considering the amount of effort and the commitment needed not just to launch it, but to keep it going, I give the people concerned a 10 out of 10 for doing this especially considering that next season we will be back on the network broadcast system for our league games as well as cup runs. :004:

Okay step in the right direction, but even Peterhead have this.
On behalf of those involved .... you are welcome ! Like anything else in life ... especially things that are free, if you dont like it, dont use it.

Finally saw the Ross County 3-0 highlights after what felt like 2 hrs of buffering

I purposely reduced the bitrate on the encoding to try and make it workable for all ..... if its buffering a lot then perhaps your connection is not as good as others ?

Having said that, please let us know if there are any technical issues with the videos and if it is something we can adjust, we will. You may notice a few tweaks and changes to the video page on the official site over the next few days as we try to optimise the service for all.

Well done to all concerned. Really appreciated by those who can't get to too many games :025:

Yep. Wholeheartedly agree. Really very much appreciated by us who are a bit further afield.

Just watched all of the highlights there. Really impressed with whats been put together.

However, on the County highlights the camera mysteriously cuts out with Foran through on goal and the next thing is him scoring the free-kick. Was the sending off really that dodgy? :025:

Finally saw the Ross County 3-0 highlights after what felt like 2 hrs of buffering

I purposely reduced the bitrate on the encoding to try and make it workable for all ..... if its buffering a lot then perhaps your connection is not as good as others ?

Oh, the problem will almost certainly be mine. And as I am the least technically-minded person on the planet I will just have to suffer the wait, as I've no idea how to remedy it. I'm going to give the others a go tomorrow morning because, as a general rule, YouTube etc works much better for me in the mornings than in the afternoon/early evening.

Guest Mahonio

I can't get the highlights :025: :blink:

I don't know how to register or whatever needs done, so can someone help please?

A really outstanding development. A huge 'well-done' to all involved. Greatly appreciated.

:025:

Is this anything to do with the Inverness TV online channel I saw something about in The Courier a few weeks ago? All I remember is a photo which included Jim Eglinton and a very attractive lady (make of that what you wish! :025: ) but they seem to be doing a lot of TV stuff from around the area?

Edited by Charles Bannerman

Guest Mahonio

It's just on the main ICT website, Mahonio:

http://www.ictfc.co.uk/page/Home/0,,10447,00.html

No need to register. It's in the list of options on the left-hand side, 'Match Highlights'.

What file is it because i clicked on both and found a media player one with only sound and no video under the WMV file and under the flash i get a message saying that Windows does not recognize this file type and then at the bottom it gives me 4 recommended sites which are: Open File (recommended), Open.FLV (RECOMMENDED), Open FLV File (Best) and Windows server r 2008 R2. Is this supposed to happen and if not, what next?

Edited by Mahonio

It's just on the main ICT website, Mahonio:

http://www.ictfc.co.uk/page/Home/0,,10447,00.html

No need to register. It's in the list of options on the left-hand side, 'Match Highlights'.

What file is it because i clicked on both and found a media player one with only sound and no video under the WMV file and under the flash i get a message saying that Windows does not recognize this file type and then at the bottom it gives me 4 recommended sites which are: Open File (recommended), Open.FLV (RECOMMENDED), Open FLV File (Best) and Windows server r 2008 R2. Is this supposed to happen and if not, what next?

WMV opened for me. All highlights are brilliant. Well done to all those involved and thank you.

:lol: