Ryan Esson

Cattach

Had Butcher not decided to play Fraser in the last few games last season we may well have stayed up.

Agree 100%

I would go so far as to say we would have stayed up.

I have no wish to start casting aspersions, but am I the only one who finds the whole

"Butcher caused relegation by x, y and z." thing,

a little bit OLD?

nope you are not Gordy ... at the end of the day, ONE solitary decision by Brewster, Butcher or one more incidence of good attacking or defending by any one of the players might have kept us up. We went down on goal difference not points so 1 or 2 more goals or 1 loss turned into a draw or a draw into a win would have kept us up. Their is culpability throughout for our relegation just as there should be plaudits all round if we get promoted at the end of this season.

Ryan Esson made a fantastic finger tip save at morton in the opening minutes. It was sweetly struck and it was going in the bottom corner until Ryan tipped it past. Our defence has evidently got huge confidence in him as they appeared to allow Morton to hit anything from outside of the box. How many "saves" did he make in the first half - 5 or 6 ?

As an ex defender I can tell you that you feel a lot more confident when you have full confidence in the keeper behind you.

Ryan Esson made a fantastic finger tip save at morton in the opening minutes. It was sweetly struck and it was going in the bottom corner until Ryan tipped it past. Our defence has evidently got huge confidence in him as they appeared to allow Morton to hit anything from outside of the box. How many "saves" did he make in the first half - 5 or 6 ?

As an ex defender I can tell you that you feel a lot more confident when you have full confidence in the keeper behind you.

Why ex defender, what happened?

Anyone noticed essons body language during games?

He is very passionate, i like this!

So does his wife

what Ryan and his missus get up to in their own time is none of our buisness :lol:

In Christie's first full season, did we not win all 5 post split games without conceeding too?

That is correct, but I have to give Ian Broadfoot the ICT statistician the credit for clarifying this in response to a question I emailed him on Monday.

ICT's most recent shut out had lasted for 490 minutes (5 full games preceded by 29 mins of the QoS game and followed by 11 min of the Raith game). When I asked Ian about the longest shut out he came up with 514 minutes, the vast bulk of which was indeed under Charlie in the post split phase of 06-07 with a few residual minutes into the first game of 07-08.

ICT's longest unbeaten run is 22 games between 2nd November 1996, during a run of away games in the transition from Telford Street to the Caledonian Stadium, and 26th April 1997 by which time the Third Division title had been won. This included a run of 11 straight wins which was kicked off by a 2-0 victory over Ross County on November 16th (the first ever home win at the Caledonian Stadium which some may also remember for Sandy Ross's notorious "assault" on Richard Hastings - the first of two such derby incidents). It ran through to an away win over Albion Rovers on February 15th 1997 which was followed by a 1-1 home draw with Forfar on the 22nd.

Thank you Charles & Ian. I knew it was close. Top keeper & top bloke too. Hopfully we can get him signed up for next season soon.