Daniel Stratford

Bronson

I'm sorry but what i he all about? He is without doubt the poorest excuse for a professional football player that I think i have ever witnessed. Butcher made comments this weekend about wanting to take this current squad of players into the spl for next season. God help us if that includes Stratford. Think Russel can sleep easy.

I'm sorry but what i he all about? He is without doubt the poorest excuse for a professional football player that I think i have ever witnessed. Butcher made comments this weekend about wanting to take this current squad of players into the spl for next season. God help us if that includes Stratford. Think Russel can sleep easy.

He wasnt the worst player on the park IMO. To me it was either Proctor or Sanchez

I agree entirely. Between Stratford, Djebi-Zadi and Bulvitis we have some absolutely horrendous footballers in reserves. God help us if we ever need to play them all at the same time ever again!

Besides giving the ball away a couple of times, he did nothing. Absolutely nothing. What a poor poor player. Yet I see some dimwit has voted for him in the POTY poll. Unbelivable.

Is it really a good idea starting a thread to slate our squad players at this moment in time? :D

Alex MacLeod will be raging when he sees this thread but I have to agree - I am not really sure what the point in the thread is either. We are about to go into the toughest part of the season and we are slating one of the players who we might well need to call upon during this intensive run in.

FWIW I don't think Stratford is great but I don't think he is awful. If he plays I'll support him. That's it really. If he fails at being a footballer he can just go and model for Abercrombie & Fitch.

Edited by RiG

I did wonder who would replace Duncan, would they live up to his standard and would we cope, just like I wondered how we would manage with Foran out for two games, there must be quite a few emotional wrecks out there who were at the game today but what a way to finish.

I dont think he is awful. I think he is good at right back but i dont think he is a centre midfielder. You shouldnt slate him because he is only a young player who just needs a bit of confidence. You should be getting behind him or how do you expect him to improve.

Our team are on the best run they've had for years, in the middle of a title run in. And some posters think this is a good time to start an ultra negative thread slating our squad. :D

Pathetic.

No doubt about it DBS we are blessed with the presence of posting seen only on the OF message boards (Strachanesque?). Huge win, enormous result and some can't wait to get home to start knocking seven bells of $hite out of someone!!

Now can we quickly start a thread about what happens to the car park money and is it true that it funds the holiday of our groundsman, pays for our DOF's golf membership and contributes to TB's Cafe One bill! Before we know it we'll have over 100 posts!!

Forget success let's revert to type!

This is not the right time to start slagging off the team and any individual. The defence were crap, we all know who was to blame for the first Raith goal, Butcher certainly agreed that ***** was to blame, BUT what a result, I love the players never say die attitude.

I did wonder who would replace Duncan, would they live up to his standard and would we cope, just like I wondered how we would manage with Foran out for two games, there must be quite a few emotional wrecks out there who were at the game today but what a way to finish.

*points at self* Ten minutes to go and I started shiverin, and it wasn't from the cold... or the drink.

I thought Stratford played better than I had seen him before. He is no Russell Duncan, mind.

Is it really a good idea starting a thread to slate our squad players at this moment in time? :D

Alex MacLeod will be raging when he sees this thread but I have to agree - I am not really sure what the point in the thread is either. We are about to go into the toughest part of the season and we are slating one of the players who we might well need to call upon during this intensive run in.

FWIW I don't think Stratford is great but I don't think he is awful. If he plays I'll support him. That's it really. If he fails at being a footballer he can just go and model for Abercrombie & Fitch.

:D :lol:

when's the wedding?

why is that people decide that players need to be slated even when the team wins. the guy hasnt played since end of october. im sure if any of you got thrown into to play a game you would maybe be a bit off the pace. given a run of games i am sure he would be fine.

This is not the right time to start slagging off the team and any individual. The defence were crap, we all know who was to blame for the first Raith goal, Butcher certainly agreed that ***** was to blame, BUT what a result, I love the players never say die attitude.

Eh......so which is it.....youve just told us not to slate the team or any individual, then immediatley accuse the defence of being "crap" and then apportioning blame to a single person for the first Raith goal!!

First it was Eric, then it was Nick Ross and now it is Stratford - all players who the rest of our team seem to have little faith in as they are hugely reluctant to pass to them , no omatter how often they make themselves available!

Stratford seemed to back off/out of tackles or position time after time. Whereas Cox would throw himself in and commit, Danny would run back towards the goal, not even man-marking in process. His footballing pedigree seems sound (didn't realise he spent so long at Fulham until recently), yet no matter his effort, he seems forever ineffective. I find it hard to criticise, as I really don't doubt his lack of effort, but it just doesn't pay off. Like Kerr last season - except Stratford puts in 20x more work!

I admit and agree with most posters on here that Strattford isn't the best player but he is a reserve and was able to fill the gap although I wouldn't play him over Duncan i've seen a lot worse at the club in the past. He is a young player like a lot of the team. But on a positive note we seem to have an exciting wee midfielder developing in Cox what a game he had today

You have to give Jay7 points for consistency, he always has a pop at Bully, so presume he doesn't rate him????

for a player to come from a different country, get acclimatised find his feet, I think he's done well