We've won it

TopSix

I've amended my previous post. My wager is on Dundee to lose at Firhill this week.

Partick will get rogered by Dundee good and hard. Thistle are already into end of season mode and have nothing to play for.

Not even "pride"?

post-2081-1270377538.jpg

I was there.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is so obvious that were are going to win the league. Raith have beaten Dundee and Aberdeen this season, we wern't lucky to win on Sat, we deserved to. We are the best team in the league, so we will win it. County and Dundee have the same worries as us in regards to dropping points, except for we can drop more. In their heads, especially County, they can't drop any points. The league is completely within our grasp. Top Six, your bang on. Wilson On Our Wing, I'm with you. Foran is with you, so is Tel and so is our board. We're on the way up.

It is so obvious that were are going to win the league. Raith have beaten Dundee and Aberdeen this season, we wern't lucky to win on Sat, we deserved to. We are the best team in the league, so we will win it. County and Dundee have the same worries as us in regards to dropping points, except for we can drop more. In their heads, especially County, they can't drop any points. The league is completely within our grasp. Top Six, your bang on. Wilson On Our Wing, I'm with you. Foran is with you, so is Tel and so is our board. We're on the way up.

Superb post. Look at the run - ins our rivals have. We're going to win it.

Yesterday certainly showed the desire and hunger we have to win the league, a desire and hunger that i have never really seen from any other ICT side, long may it continue to the final day.

Yeah im confident too,we have to watch out for Dundee tho,no doubt our biggest threat,they have excellent players and if they have turned the corner they could easily will all of their games,if it comes down to the last game then its upto us to show them who's the best......roll on SPL!!!

We haven't won it . . . yet. There are enough games where the results can go against us, but as has been pointed out, if we keep up our excellent run then it doesn't matter what the others do as we will have done it for ourselves.

Interestingly, I had Radio 4 on in the car this morning (Radio Scotland had some tripe on about the history of fortified wine) and there was an interview with the heid yin of Newcastle United's fans trust or whatever, and the reporter had already noted that NU had been top of the Championship almost from the begininning and all they needed was a draw with Sheffield United tonight to be assured of promotion. At the start of the interview though, the supporters rep said he wasn't counting any chickens but the reporter said I'm fairly sure your chickens are safe.

Contrast that with what is being posted of late on our own Forum and you can see the difference!

Confidence is one thing, arrogance another. We haven't won it, and are not near to claiming to either, but we are FULLY CAPABLE of doing so.

Continue to get behind the team as you have been doing and make the 12th man count!!!!

Just remember we were 4 points clear with 5 games to go last season as well.

One game at a time

Well if that fact isn't a wake up call for everyone, it should be !

I'll never take anything for granted after that dreadful day last season.

I'm thourghly enjoying the situation we're in just now, can't wait for the next match, but I still suspect we're gonna have a cup final to contend with against Dundee in the last game of the season.

Just remember we were 4 points clear with 5 games to go last season as well.

That crossed my mind too. :015:

And 3 of our last 4 games are against some of the top teams in the league (2nd, 3rd and 5th at the moment) and the other is away to Ayr whose recent form is that of a top half team too.

Our current predicament is unbearable. Mid table mediocrity is far more relaxing.

3 of our last 4 games are against some of the top teams in the league (2nd, 3rd and 5th at the moment) and the other is away to Ayr whose recent form is that of a top half team too.

That will make it all the more convincing when we win the league. RC 's last game of the season is away to Raith, Dundee have to play them away as well. Dundee have to play us away and County have to play Queens away. We ARE the best team in the league so it's no problem to us. We don't have to play the top team.

My thinking is a win, maybe even a draw at Morton, and our tails will still be up for Saturday against QoS. Defeat is unthinkable - the heads could go down - it's just not an option.

I believe our long unbeaten run will still be intact for the trip to Dumpfries.

Based on results earlier in the season, the remaining fixtures could have the below outcomes:

ICT:

QOTS A - Draw

Dunfermline H - Draw

Ayr Utd A - Win

Dundee H - Draw

Dundee:

Partick A - Win

Morton A - Win

Raith A - Lose/Draw (Lost in cup, drew in league)

Raith H - Win

ICT A - Draw

Based on that, ICT would be crowned champions with 67 points and Dundee with 65 points with everything coming down to the last game of the season again!!

I'm hoping that our team won't put us through another tense last game and hoping our current 7 point cushion will be enough to give us less stress over the next few weeks!

Come on the Caley!

• 2 weeks later...

Any central belt based fans fancy taking in the Raith v Dundee game on Wednesday night?

Hmm, it's an interesting idea. For decades to come, you might genuinely be able to say that you were the ONLY ICT fan who actually saw us win the league! Quite tempting!