Where did ya first get pished?

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

Dirty ****'s doon the pier in Portree......hitch hiked up fae Dundee wi a mate and stayed in the camp site at Shullishadder........many a beer gone under the bridge since then

come to think of it, there were quite a few "firsts" that camping trip!!!!!

Boy's to men DSC (circa75)

First time in a pub was in the 'Shed' bar at the back of the Craigmonie hotel, which was indeed a large tin roofed shed.

First time pished was about 14-15 when we realised a neighbour kept his booze in a shed in his garden! if we reached in the window far enough we could grab a bottle or two - so it was Cherry brandy or peach schnaaps... what a feckin hangover!

The Alma Hotel Ardersier seemed much more interested in the colour of your pocket money than the sight of your birth certificate in the early seventies.

You had to be 14 or so to be served in the premises but those just thst bit younger always had the option of purchasing a carry out, often of Carlsberg Special Brew, to be consumed on the nearby beach.

Bottle of Strongbow up the back of Seraffini's chipper on the way to the school dance. Bought the Strongbow from Alexander Fraser in Tomnahurich Street.

"Bottle of cider please."

"What kind would you like sonny?"

The following story will only mean anything to Royal Academy pupils who were in school before about 1968 and it relates to my first encounter with cider.

We had won a national speechmaking contest at the Muirtown Motel. Froggy Forbes and Fritz were the team managers and Froggy was so chuffed that she wanted to fill the cup with (Woodpecker) cider. The response from Fritz (who enjoyed a dram or several greatly himself) was unforgettable.

"Buttt das ist Alkoholische!"

(For the benefit of the unititiated, Fritz was an Orcadian with an incredibly strong accent and not a German. However when he arrived in the school during the war some kids thought he was a Nazi agent - hence the nickname.)

Columba Hotel

Remember getting absolutely shitfaced then wandering through the hotel.

Next up was the Rugby Club by the canal pitches.

Oh the discos in the Rugby Club - now that does bring back memories.

Walker Park at Christmas when I was about 15/16.

Our group decided to go to midnight mass but were late. We tried to sneak quietly into the church but couldn't thanks to a squeeking, rusting door. Looked into a packed church and the first face we saw was Colin Baillie! Gave us a look never to forget. Topped it off by dropping our cans on the wooden floor and watched them roll down the aisle.

Drinking days haven't got any better since!

We used to have marque dance once a year in nevis park, i was about 13 when i got blitz on lager. Ah the good old days, young & care free. :drinking07: Now back to me pipe & slippers. :icon_ganja:

oh my!!!

he's yours alright sweei.... got the same eyes and the birth mark is the same shape on his.... erm.... elbow!

now,....... let me see........ 30 years X 12 months X 4.5 weeks X oh.... how much is it now adays???  heeeee!!!  :clapping04: :clapping04: :clapping04:

Thought fer a sec. it might be Arnie...but a wee big bit too old...  anyway i'm sure the funds of deeforlife can afford a love child.

:015: :015: :015:

"ARNIE IS HEILANDEE'S LOVE CHILD!!"

eh can just see the headlines now :015:

yer right tho,way tooooo old(and ehm too young) 

f*ballers wife,can we settle this oot oh court please , dinnae want it in ah the papers,got meh reputation as a pillar oh the community to think of (or is that pillock of the community?)If you can come up wi a suitable settlement i'll try and give you it  :001:

(no that i'm admitting liability )

Islands hotel for me and anywhere around the boys club with the Scotsmac and the cheese and onion glue-sniffers  :006:

Islands Hotel eh.... remember the wee hatch alright, not a bad pint either...when it arrived.

• 4 weeks later...

For me the Crown  near Mario Bernadios shop I remember they had lots of whisky  on the shelves (I got as far as 7 and went to Marios as I knew my Dad usually was there on a Friday he was and carried me up the Mareket steps