Scottish Cup Final (merged)

ICTPaisley

bIRDY...i think you and i are cut from the same cloth as far as our old fashioned footballing values are concerned. The MAJORITY of the ICT support have NO previous experience regarding supporting football in INverness before the merger. I guess we just have to accept that they have little understanding of what that all meant, and that we have carried over our attitudes to supporting ICT! But we can hold our heads up...as we were the ones supporting our local teams when most of the Inverness supporting folk chose not to!

I get the impression you think fans after the merger are of less quality than pre merger fans. I don't understand what difference there is between a support from before and after. They all follow the club and understand that Ross County are our rivals but even County fans were happy to see us beat Celtic for the Highlands. This isn't about supporting Ross County as a team its about supporting Ross County for the highlands. If you don't want to go then thats fine but to wish they lost today just makes me think you support Celtic, WHY would you want Celtic to beat County...thats crazy.

Edited by ICTPAISLEY

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bIRDY...i think you and i are cut from the same cloth as far as our old fashioned footballing values are concerned. The MAJORITY of the ICT support have NO previous experience regarding supporting football in INverness before the merger. I guess we just have to accept that they have little understanding of what that all meant, and that we have carried over our attitudes to supporting ICT! But we can hold our heads up...as we were the ones supporting our local teams when most of the Inverness supporting folk chose not to!

I get the impression you think fans after the merger are of less quality than pre merger fans. I don't understand what difference there is between a support from before and after. They all follow the club and understand that Ross County are our rivals but even County fans were happy to see us beat Celtic for the Highlands. This isn't about supporting Ross County as a team its about supporting Ross County for the highlands. If you don't want to go then thats fine but to wish they lost today just makes me think you support Celtic, WHY would you want Celtic to beat County...thats crazy.

The same reason Rangers fans were supporting C*unty and the same reason Dundee fans will be supporting Raith and Dunfermline fans supporting Utd tomorrow.

Smee and here was me thinking you would be happy for your old buddy Brewster :) :008: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The same reason Rangers fans were supporting C*unty and the same reason Dundee fans will be supporting Raith and Dunfermline fans supporting Utd tomorrow.

I think the relationship between County and Caley is a fair bit different to Rangers and Celtic. I also doubt Dunfermline will be favouring Utd tomorrow. Teams in the first division actually want their rivals to do well against the bigger teams.

I do think that a lot of people are more tolerant of the County result as we are looking to take the big prize this season.

On the bright side Adams must be attracting the attention of some bigger teams and they might end up be left with Butcher, now that would be heaven!!!

I get the impression you think fans after the merger are of less quality than pre merger fans. I don't understand what difference there is between a support from before and after.

Well.....how many ICT fans supported Inverness football back in the day? I did....I didnt just hop on board and decide i was going to start supporting local football coz it was a higher level of football we were seeing.....unlike the majority of our support. You cant argue with facts......ICT hs about 2500 more fans now than Caley and Thistle combined did..so...what were they all doing on match days when there were local teams needing their support? So to me....the likes of Birdy, myself and others of that ilk were more "fans" of football. If you cant see that...then...theres nothing left to say

Well done to the County today - and a win over the Celtic to make it even sweeter - wish it was ICT but not to be (this season anyway....)

Good advert for the SFL (and the highland region) - we'll see how Raith do in the other game tomorrow.

United fans must be thinking now this is their year.... :lol: ....but you never know it could be County lifting the trophy in May.... :lol:

Brewster against his old club - now that would be interesting....I suppose everybody would become long lost Arab fans.... :lol:

I get the impression you think fans after the merger are of less quality than pre merger fans. I don't understand what difference there is between a support from before and after.

Well.....how many ICT fans supported Inverness football back in the day? I did....I didnt just hop on board and decide i was going to start supporting local football coz it was a higher level of football we were seeing.....unlike the majority of our support. You cant argue with facts......ICT hs about 2500 more fans now than Caley and Thistle combined did..so...what were they all doing on match days when there were local teams needing their support? So to me....the likes of Birdy, myself and others of that ilk were more "fans" of football. If you cant see that...then...theres nothing left to say

Thats complete nonsense, Your saying that the 2500 that you speak of (which is now the majority) are glory hunters? You think that more than half of our support are glory hunters? I think you need a lesson in how the modern world lives and stop living in the old days. A good percent of our support were too young to support either Caledonian or Thistle and when i go to away days its the youth i see out in force making the noise to lift the team, so are they glory hunters just because they weren't around to see a team that wasn't as successful as ICT? Its not their fault.

Thats complete nonsense, Your saying that the 2500 that you speak of (which is now the majority) are glory hunters? You think that more than half of our support are glory hunters?

Well...the drop in the ICT support from what we got in the SPL would seem to suggest we are not short of fairweather fans! Nor would the growing attendances we have had the more we have progressed through the leagues.

I knew you would come out with the Kids argument....but you have to remember...for everyone thats born...one dies. So...it evens itself out. Fact is....where was these Inverness "football fans" back in the day when it was just Highland League on offer? To try and argue that the attendance increases have nothing to do with the level ICT are now playing at is rediculous! And they will further increase next season IF we find ourselves in the SPL!

Edited by SMEE

Thats complete nonsense, Your saying that the 2500 that you speak of (which is now the majority) are glory hunters? You think that more than half of our support are glory hunters?

Well...the drop in the ICT support from what we got in the SPL would seem to suggest we are not short of fairweather fans!

I knew you would come out with the Kids argument....but you have to remember...for everyone thats born...one dies. So...it evens itself out. Fact is....where was these Inverness "football fans" back in the day when it was just Highland League on offer? To try and argue that the attendance increases have nothing to do with the level ICT are now playing at is rediculous! And they will further increase next season IF we find ourselves in the SPL!

Its surprising that we have more season ticket holders this season than last season though isn't it. That doesn't seem like glory hunting to me. I honestly can't believe you think your a god just because you used to watch a highland league team thats make it big. We are all supporters of ICT whether it was before the merger or not. Your attitude sucks.

Its surprising that we have more season ticket holders this season than last season though isn't it. That doesn't seem like glory hunting to me. I honestly can't believe you think your a god just because you used to watch a highland league team thats make it big. We are all supporters of ICT whether it was before the merger or not. Your attitude sucks.

Says they, preparing to go and support their other team at the scottish cup final! Oh....and where did i suggest i was a "god". I merely pointed out...that UNLIKE the overwhelming majority of ICT fans...i was supporting local football when many chose not to!

Says they, preparing to go and support their other team at the scottish cup final! Oh....and where did i suggest i was a "god". I merely pointed out...that UNLIKE the overwhelming majority of ICT fans...i was supporting local football when many chose not to!

You didn't suggest you were a god, your acting like a god. Your downing hundreds of ICT fans is well, if not thousands as the 2500 you stated earlier. Not the correct way to go about things. If you don't want to go and support a local highland league team in a national scottish cup final then fine but i don't understand the need to dig at our "new" fans of 16 years. The sooner the attitude of fans like yourself are gone the better.

I'll be at the final, but it'll not be on the county side! Born and brought up an arab, I'm delighted to see RC get to the final, cause it'll be a better game than another turgid 'tic battle in Glasgow. And united will win. Having said all this, ICT fan for the past ten years or more - the first game I went to up here was at Kingsmills park (against Kilmarnock in the cup if I remember right) and I know where my allegiances lie. Mon ICT!

Birdy & SMEE- Im with you on this one, much as i wanted County to beat Celtic; cos i fck*ing hate the OF and their arrogant followers, i'd never support County in the final, Highlanders or not.

Birdy & SMEE- Im with you on this one, much as i wanted County to beat Celtic; cos i fck*ing hate the OF and their arrogant followers, i'd never support County in the final, Highlanders or not.

But its more than that though, Before County had even scored SMEE had said he didn't want County to win, He is also yet to say he isn't a Celtic fan that is bitter.

But its more than that though, Before County had even scored SMEE had said he didn't want County to win, He is also yet to say he isn't a Celtic fan that is bitter.

I will happily admit that I wanted county hammered too, I am not a bitter Celtic fan. This was the first time I had been rooting for Celtic since I was in second year at school (late 80s if you were wondering). You want to accuse me of anything?

I will happily admit that I wanted county hammered too, I am not a bitter Celtic fan. This was the first time I had been rooting for Celtic since I was in second year at school (late 80s if you were wondering). You want to accuse me of anything?

It oozes out of Smee not you, Your opinion was valid but for Smee to say that fans from 16 years ago and onwards are glory hunters is unacceptable.

Why did you want poor wee County to get hammered by the might of Celtc if your not a bitter Tim ?

Is it the time of the month or something? Why is everybody so angry? Some choose to cheer County on, some don't get over it it's life. I personally think they deserve to be in the final after today's display but will not be cheering them on in the final as I couldn't give a toss who wins.

Why the first time since the late 80's? Did you used to support Celtic?