QOS -V- ICT : Post-Match Thread

Scotty

I think Queens have a game against Ross County that is on BBC Alba around the 24th. Is this because it is a Tuesday night they are showing it? Just wondering if they have any intentions of showing our game against Dundee on the 1st.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A great result today - well done lads.

Looking at the remaining games Dundee have 3 away and 1 home game remaining - County have a ridiculous run-in with 4 games in a week with a total of 5 away games and only 2 at home. ICT have 2 home games and just one more away game (at Ayr).

I can't see County been successful with their fixture pile up and now a Hampden day out to look forward to on the 15th May. On paper our run-in looks the most favourable considering the points already in the bag but things can turn around just as quickly if the team don't remain focused. So here's hoping to Morton doing us a favour next weekend at Cappielow....and then a Raith rally the following Wednesday evening.... :lol:

ICT

17/04 - Dunfermline (H)

24/04 - Ayr (A)

01/05 - Dundee (H)

Dundee

17/04 - Morton (A)

21/04 - Raith (A)

24/04 - Raith (H)

01/05 - ICT (A)

County

13/04 - Morton (A)

17/04 - Airdrie (A)

20/04 - QoS (A)

24/04 - Partick (H)

26/04 - Morton (H)

28/04 - Ayr (A)

01/05 - Raith (A)

Superb result, well done all. It's definetely our league now.

It isn't "definitely our league" yet as, mathematically, several others can still win it. I agree that we are clearly the best placed and favourites for the championship, but lets not get carried away, in case we get left egg on our face.

That said, it was another huge step closer today. The management and players need to keep the focus and not look any further thatn the next game - which is another difficult one against the Pars.

I'm getting very tense as we get closer, hoping for the best, but still fearing the worst!!

18 games unbeaten is just brilliant, in fact six straight wins is even better. Can we handle the pressure..........

Yes we can.

We can still go pear shaped of course, but like County, lets enjoy the moment.

Just back to weegieville from the game :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

we were made to work today. but so good to still come away with it, the players ran themselves into the ground. one or two (no names being mentioned :lol: ) looked shattered at the end. fantastic effort and fantastic celebrations at the end. terry knew that meant a lot and came to show it to the fans. terrific brilliant to see.

rosco didn't let the beast get a sniff, won everything in the air, was brilliant, foran though the MotM for me, 3 assists can't disagree with that, worrying knock towards the end but fingers crossed its all good.

sending off was stonewaller, last man sliced hayes in two. rooney's goals were well taken and again he ran and hounded like a man possessed. munro's goal was from a fierce head height cross, got his head on it and diverted it in. came running to the fans causing stewards to appear all over the shop. brilliant, no problems.

only down/worrying side for me was the torrid time proctor was given by their number 8, seemed to be at sixes and sevens half the time. hayes doesn't provide the physical cover for him unfort. but who cares we won. i began believing after the first 3-1 defeat of QoS now its set in stone.

COMON THE CALEY!!!!!!

p.s. well done county.

After conceding a hideously easy goal I fully expected us to lose today. Huge relief to come out with three points, but I am far too scared to think beyond the next game. And damn Tuffey for not doing his job.

It isn't "definitely our league" yet as, mathematically, several others can still win it. I agree that we are clearly the best placed and favourites for the championship, but lets not get carried away, in case we get left egg on our face.

That said, it was another huge step closer today. The management and players need to keep the focus and not look any further thatn the next game - which is another difficult one against the Pars.

I'm getting very tense as we get closer, hoping for the best, but still fearing the worst!!

Mathematically only two other teams can win it.

OK, I had posted this in the other thread, but it is pretty inspiring to be honest. They know whats at stake and they are also showing some appreciation to the guys that made their way to Palmerston. See below.

Crusher from Palmerston:-

Butcher got the whole team over to the away fans and the two fisted punching salute says it all. The guys are having a ball down there. He said he has never seen Butcher and the team so animated. Brilliant.

Granties goal was a powered header, Rooney was fed in and he stroked it home, if I understood correctly

I think its great that Butcher has them showing appriciation to the fans too!!!!

IIINVERNESS, INVERNESS, INVERNESS

INVERNESS, INVERNESS, INVERNESSSS

INVERNESS, INVERNESS, INVERNESS

INVERNESS, INVERNESS, INVERNESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

COME ON THE CALEY JAGS!!!!

What a fecking day, great company, great result for C*unty, great result for the FAMOUS ICT, and a few drams back in the Innes (maybe slightly more than a few) before finally getting home about 5 minutes ago.

Noty the hottest performance ever, but much like Morton the boys did what needed to be done and the 3 goals were all well taken. I'm not sure I have ever seen a header scored with such ferocity and pace...not only was I surprised it never burst the net, but feck knows how it mever burst Munros head!!!! He could weel be down a few IQ points after that, but absolutely phenomenal.

Rooney looked knackered after scoring his second, and who could forgive him for a momoent of "fer feck sake guys, I've scored two, will someone please blow the full time whistle" as he, yet again, ran himself ragged from start to finish.

Credit to Queens, the set out with a plan to stop us playing football and give us as little time on the ball as possible and it was as effective as anyone has been against us this side of Christmas....but we wanted the win more than them and I believe nothing was foing to stop us getting it.

Dundee could easily win it........they might just win the rest of their games and we could slip up.........on the last day Dundee have a great chance......look what happened last year....too much 'we will win it talk'......Dundee and Callum Melville have not given up hope yet,we have to stay focused,one slip and there right back in it.......com on ICT!!!!!!!!!

Edited by andykyle33

Even after Queens went in front was still confident we would come back. as long as Hayes Rooney & Foran are on the park we will score more than the opposition. Terry's reaction at the end was well appreciated by those who made the journey to Palmerstone. Forget all the Maths WIN WIN Party at Ayr.

Dundee could easily win it........they might just win the rest of their games and we could slip up.........on the last day Dundee have a great chance......look what happened last year....too much 'we will win it talk'......Dundee and Callum Melville have not given up hope yet,we have to stay focused,one slip and there right back in it.......com on ITC!!!!!!!!!

:022:

bit of a shaky start today but by the second half we were superb. Richie Foran is worth 2 players. He works tirelessly and spurs the others on. two wins, one at home and one away and party time on the 1st May. Fantastic effort by the team, the management and the supporters. Cmon Inverness.

The ICT Post-Match Thread is a bit quieter than usual (only on second page). Pretty much sums up this season. While everyone has been talking about County, ICT have quietly and effectively climbed from mid table to take command of Div 1 with not an awful lot of attention from the media. Helps take the pressure off us I reckon.

Edited by A96

Aye, a great result for us after a sticky start. The support was great yesterday afternoon - no wonder Terry and the boys came over to applaud us after the game. We are their 12th man no mistake.

We should be making no claims to the title and SPL status yet - we must never get over confident at this stage. One thing for sure is we and the other competing teams have made the 1st Division title race far more exciting and interesting that the totally dull SPL title race.

A cracking afternoon for football too - these are the conditions ideal for playing a game. Summer football must come.

post-246-1270957777_thumb.jpg

Brilliant that TB and players came across to fans at end of the game. Have to mentions, Stewards today were spot on.

No problems standing , singing and taking pics.

Oh and by the way, Dumfries ROCKS just in and, best night/day out since I was old enough to know better!!!!

Edited by Dewsburydude

Mathematically only two other teams can win it.

ARITHMETICALLY only two other teams can win it.