Congratulations to the ICT team

Scotty

For what its worth, I would just like to add my own congratulations. As a regular supporter

at TCS (and sometimes away) I have suffered all kinds of emotions while watching the team

this season. The last few games have been nerve tingling but today was the icing on the cake

and I was proud to be a supporter of Inverness Caledonian Thistle when the final whistle sounded

today. Well done to all. here's to next Saturday's party.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: Well done all the lads, management and backroom staff. To surpass all expectations, against all odds, is fantastic. Would have been so easy to say, "job done" in steadying a rocky ride, but to push on and bounce back in the same year deserves credit beyond any that you will recieve.

The last 19 games has shown the spirit we want and expect from our team. Very proud of you all.

(especially as i have to work in Dundee) :lol:

I would like to add my congratulations to the team, both on the field and off it.

If all goes well over the next fortnight and we return to the SPL this is a major achievement and a credit to all involved at the TCS. Division 1 is a very tough league and a return to the SPL after just one season is a very special moment in the history of ICT.

Very well done. :lol:

Esson, Tokely, Proctor, Munro, McBain, Stratford, Eagle, Odhiambo, Foran, Hayes, Roooooonay,

Tel :director02: , MM :director01: , Cox, Foran, Duncan, Sanchez, Shinnie, Bulvitus, Imrie, Foran, Zadi, Ross, S.Duff, J.Duff, Barrowman and Foran, take a bow.

:icon_sailor:

Three months ago I thought it was impossible

Two months ago I thought it was unlikely

Six weeks ago I thought maybe we had a chance

One month ago I knew we were in with a really good shout

Two weeks ago I thought we were favourites

Last week I was concerned we might lose momentum but we didn't

Today, to all intents and purposes, we are Champions.

These last few weeks have been an absolute blast for Caley Thistle fans. A superb comeback from the team in the second half of the season. There were plenty opportunities where they could have lost their bottle - but they never did. Brave, confident and skillful - you can't ask more of a team.

Hearty congratulations to all players and management.

Butcher should have his contract torn up.

And replaced with a minimum 5 year deal.

What he has achieved this season is pretty damn remarkable. ICT built it's reputation on having a team that was greater than the sum of its parts...of punching above it's weight...and I thought that was something that was gone and would take us a long time to rebuild.

Anyone can take a squad onto the training park and go through the drills, but it takes a real leader to give a team the heart, passion and self belief to take to the field on match day and deliver to their full potential week after week.

It also takes a great manager to set aside other issues and just get on with the job. How many times do we hear managers of other teams complaining that they didn't get this player or that player and it's hindered their ability to put the right team on the field? Butcher might have been forgiven for taking that mindset given the lack on investment in the squad, but he didn't, he settled for his lot and got on with the job, developing the team and the system to suit and never once looking for excuses when, at the start of the season, things weren't going too well.

It takes balls to stick to your guns when you know you are right and you have people shouting at you telling you otherwise, just as it takes balls to fess up when you make a mistake and need to make changes....Butcher seems to have them in abundance, on both fronts.

Taking nothing away from the lads who were out there delivering on the park though, especially those who have been asked to play in positions and undertake roles that were not the norm to them. They placed as much trust in Butcher has he has in them and everyone will reap the rewards.

Congratulations just doesn't seem quite enough for me, but I'm at a loss for a more suitable word right now so it will have to do.

ICT can now add "Bouncebackability" to it's CV thanks to the fact that everyone has dug deep and recaptured their "Never say Die" attitude...it's what got us to the SPL the first time round and it's what's got us there again. That is the lesson to be learned and forever remembered....by everyone.

Much Kudos to Terry and Maurice for having the guts to stick to their guns when many were starting to doubt their decision making.

They have done a superb job this season, much more than i expected. ICT have got the spirit back that they lost under brewster...and its a real "up yours" to the far better financially backed teams in our league....just like the old days again. Well done all at ICT

To win promotion at the first attempt is a tremendous achievement and the team and management deserve all the priase that is coming their way. Everybody who played their part off the field are to be congratulated also. I cannot wait until 1 May to finally get rid of the bitter disappointment of getting relegated.

Very few teams get promoted after being relegated.

Very few teams go from 6th to 1st from mid season

Very few teams win 7 successive games

Very few teams go on a 19-match unbeaten run

Very few teams can change most of their personnel and be so successful.

Very few teams can handle pressure of a title chase

One of those teams is ICT.

Amazing achievement, will be examined very closely now by the media and get the recognition it deserves. Congratulations, well done, thank you!!

Thank you, Je vous remercie, danke, Σας ευχαριστώ, dank u, diolch yn fawr, go raibh maith agat, tak, grazie, gracdziękujęias, 谢谢, which ever language I just can't express my joy and gratitude enough. :) :021: :026:

Id like to take this opportunity to thank and congratulate Terry , Maurice all the players and backroom staff for an amazing run this season which takes us to the position we are in at this moment = 9 points clear and 18 goals to the good.

I know its not official yet , but lets be honest Dundee are not going to take the league championship off us now in thier remaining 3 games.

Well done guys!!!! You've achieved something to be very proud of this season - its not very often the team thats been relegated makes it straight back up again.

Congratulations ICT CHAMPIONS!!!!

Sounds good eh?! :huh:

WELL DONE AND MANY CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL AT ICT

:huh: :lol: :029: :( :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I'd also like to thank my fellow fans, particularly those on this forum, for some amazing banta, quality crowd moments, drinky poos and belief throughout this season!

We all deserve this, especially after last years disappointment.

See you at Ayr, and see you on May 1st...

CHAMPION,EES CHAMPION,EES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SUPERB

well done to everyone and what a great season it has been. Thankfully after a slow start we are back where we belong as i dont think we should have been relagated last season but well done and hopefully we can keep the squad intact for a brilliant season the SPL but for now PARTY ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Thanks to the whole team for everything. This run of games has been amazing.

Thanks for letting us have the variety of a few different grounds this season, and now taking us back to where we belong.

:)

TB said

And now, the end is near;

And so I face the final curtain.

My friend, I'll say it clear,

I'll state my case, of which I'm certain.

I've lived a season that's full.

I've travelled each SFL highway;

But more, much more than this,

I did it my way.

Regrets, I've had a few;

But then again, too few to mention.

I did what I had to do

And saw it through without exemption.

I planned each charted course;

Each careful step along the byway,

But more, much more than this,

I did it my way.