Was it worth it?

Kylef

Truth is, adversity teaches you to appreciate what you have had, what you have and what you lost.

If it allows ICT to struggle and fight a wee bit harder to retain their place in the SPL then it has been worth it.

It not only seems to sort the men from the boys but, like every other challenge in life, it brings new opportunities for growth--look at Adam Rooney's progress this season, for example. Revelatory.

Who knows, in ten years he may be still at ICT and revered like Roscoe.

Yes, it was worth it.

I doubt if the people who lost their jobs would agree.

Thankyou for putting words in my mouth that I didn't say. As a science teacher I would have thought you would know a logical fallacy when you see, or utter, one. The question was whether the effects of relegation - despondency and gloom - were in the end 'worth' going through. Some of us found a silver lining in that cloud, using it to regain some perspective on what we expect. That does not mean we actively wanted it to happen, or took any pleasure in those whose jobs were affected by it. That is equivalent to saying that a hard winter makes one appreciate spring/summer more - you, on the other hand, would have us saying that we could care less about the old people killed by the cold (!) Enduring a hard winter doesn't mean we wished for it, or wanted it.

Still, as a gentleman of the press, I guess you are familiar with such category errors. :lol: