Brewster Warning!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ictdave

if he takes dods, dargo and black i think we will strugle next season maybe but saying that i dont think any of them will want to go and if they do itl be because of money.

If all three were to go I honestly think we could get the following

Dods 50k

Black 150k

Dargo 300k - 400k min.

Maybe more for each in fact. I would think that if Black did go then we might rekindle our interest in Rankin if he hasn't moved on and still wants to play SPL football.

All very well to say we can gain £350-400 k for these players, would all the money go to CC and DP to replace them?

Has the grocer the money to pay these guys, pay us transfer fees and pay off Richie etc etc.

Guest The Chieftain

I've contacted some Arab Scummers that I know (that have contacts at Tannadump) to start sowing seeds of doubt in their minds about the players they hope to plunder from us this summer. :twisted:

This includes reminding them o' the 'Highland Curse' and how anyone who leaves us is afflicted by this rendering them instantly sh1te! Remember 'Judas' Brew, hardly won a game and a severe injury thrown in for good measure! GIRUY!

Blackie, Machine, Dargo, Broonie n' anyone else who thinks the grass is greener, well it's not, in fact there's next to no grass at all at Tannadump at the moment, just sand, feckin' sand dancing tw@ts!

Rant over, my point is...Beware o' the Highland Curse and leave at your peril! :evil:

Yours in Black Magic!

DU are going to have to pay these guys off if they want rid right away, and I'd say that they're all on pretty hefty wages so that won't be cheap. Thomson's already said that the days of throwing money at the club are over so if we keep our prices high they won't be able to afford them.

Anyway, why would anyone want to go to Dundee??!!! :roll:

Their all being offloaded in the summer even though Fernandez has 2 years left on his contract and the other 2 still have 1 year and the grocer says he's willing to give Brew the money he needs to rebuild the which doesn'e bode well for us. I just hope Blackie, Dargo et al realise the grass isn't grener on the other side.

Tannadice trio told to leave club

Derek McInnes has one year left on his United contract

Dundee United manager Craig Brewster is planning a clear-out of experienced players, BBC Sport understands.

Three of the club's highest earners; Paul Ritchie, Derek McInnes and David Fernandez have all been told they have no future at Tannadice.

Former Celtic forward Fernandez arrived on a three-year deal last August.

Midfielder McInnes and former Scotland defender Ritchie, who have both skippered the club this term, have one year to run on their contracts.

Dundee United have won just twice since Brewster replaced the sacked Gordon Chisholm in January.

Releasing the players prematurely won't be cheap, but it appears the manager has his sights set on rebuilding his squad for next season.

McInnes, 34, who can count Morton, Rangers and West Bromich Albion among his former clubs, has been at United for three years.

And ex-Hearts and Rangers centre-half Ritchie, 30, arrived on Tayside in the summer of 2004.

Spaniard Fernandez, 32, has played 29 games since his switch to United and has scored seven times.

Correct QB. They will save on wages but it will take a few spondoolachs to say goodbye. :D

Aye and apparently he won't tell Calderwood who he's signing for but says it definately won't be Dundee Utd! If players from that donkey team Aberdeen have the sense to turn down Brew then hopefully the boys from our squad will do too! Brew needs all the abuse he can get when he returns to the Caledonian Stadium!

I think we should be resigned to the fact we'll probably lose 2, if not more players this summer :(

It's all well and good getting money - finding the replacements and getting them to sign is the real challenge

Lets all be realistic in the eyes of the rest of the SPL we are and always will be the wee team from up north and will be fair game for poaching our best players. The problem we always have is enticing players from other spl clubs to move up.

We will always have to rely on picking up young players or others not in regular first team action at their clubs or picking up ambitious players from the lower leagues who will use us as a stepping stone to so called bigger clubs.

Guest Reefinweed

Fernandez wouldn't be a bad signing for us - not that we could afford him.

He'd certainly offer some skill and flair up front - something that Mr Brewster obviously doesn't want

He's a Consistently Overpaid Underachiever,wouldn't want the lazy B****** in our side!!

Guest Caleylad

Rig about that nudge nudge on sat he was looking at the show house in cradelhall last week so who knows what his plans are. :roll:

whats this about 150K for blackie more like 500K minimum.

him and rankin together in midfeild with wilson hart and morgan rotating when neccesry. thats formiddable.

I hope we don't lose the players mentioned, but to look on the bright side....

Brown...hasn't been at his best lately

Dods....we can replace him free of charge with Caff

Black....hasn't been his dominant self since his foot injury, we can replace him with Rankin for a profit.

Dargo....Remember his time at Killie and the beginning of the season for us - a striker can go off the boil.

If they stay.....Ignore all of the above :wink:

P.S. Spelling checker suggested Dodo for Dods :lol:

We will probably loose some players over the summer but if we keep the nucleus and the ones who want to play for the "shirt" rather than the "pound",then I think we wont go far wrong.

Though a couple of new signings to keep the squad fresh and to add some more competition , would not go amiss.

PS heard Rankin is being eyed by Gretna.