Rooney

caley1980

Somehow seemed to have missed this gem....

Adam Rooney reminds Inverness CT boss Terry Butcher of Ian Rush

Apr 8 2010 Kenny Macdonald

TERRY BUTCHER says his sizzling Inverness striker Adam Rooney reminds him of Liverpool legend Ian Rush.

Ex-England skipper Butcher has taken Caley to within nine points of the title and a rapid return to the SPL following their 2-0 win at Morton - courtesy of goals from Richie Foran and Rooney.

The Inverness boss said:"When you have someone like Adam up front you always have a chance of a goal.

"I played against Ian Rush and he was a pest all the time. He made every ball a good ball and I think Adam is exactly like that.

00019a2e10dr.jpgarticle-1028961-01CF6FCB000004B0-32_233x423.jpg

Somehow seemed to have missed this gem....

Adam Rooney reminds Inverness CT boss Terry Butcher of Ian Rush

Apr 8 2010 Kenny Macdonald

TERRY BUTCHER says his sizzling Inverness striker Adam Rooney reminds him of Liverpool legend Ian Rush.

Ex-England skipper Butcher has taken Caley to within nine points of the title and a rapid return to the SPL following their 2-0 win at Morton - courtesy of goals from Richie Foran and Rooney.

The Inverness boss said:"When you have someone like Adam up front you always have a chance of a goal.

"I played against Ian Rush and he was a pest all the time. He made every ball a good ball and I think Adam is exactly like that.

00019a2e10dr.jpgarticle-1028961-01CF6FCB000004B0-32_233x423.jpg

Oh, dear. That sounds like sales talk. He should be saying works well as part of the team, solid penalty takers etc.