Andy Penman

DJS

Found this on You Tube. It's shot in Feb '74 and can only be a year or two before he came to Caley. While the comic value of watching Arbroath beat the Gers is worth a look in itself, seeing Penman again after all the years is so good. You can pick him out on the field from a mile off.

I was at that game.....

I remember watching it again on Scotsport the following day. The voice you hear is the legendary 'talking sports jacket' Arthur Montford and the sound was out of sync with the video, so good old Arthur sounded like a prophet.

The crowd was given as 15000 BTW.

Edited by The Mantis

I can barely remember Andy Penman...but my dad assures me he was one of the finest Caley players to ever grace the Highland League. Is this true? He used to tell me andy would be dragged out of the pub at 1 o clock...pished..to go play for Caley...at least...im sure it was him

I can barely remember Andy Penman...but my dad assures me he was one of the finest Caley players to ever grace the Highland League. Is this true? He used to tell me andy would be dragged out of the pub at 1 o clock...pished..to go play for Caley...at least...im sure it was him

Probably the most inteligent player ever to wear a Caley shirt and a joy to watch. Known to take one or two over the odds but unfair to brand him that way. I have seen him lead out of the Caley Social Club at 1 in the morning but NEVER 1 before a game. An absolutely BRILLIANT talent. :)

Defo one of the finest to ever wear the Caley blue.

I am told that another of "the finest ever to wear the Caley blue", one William Urquhart Esq, was teaching old Caley songs to some of the young lads on the train to Ayr last Saturday... but was having some difficulty explaining the absolute significance of the Howden End which went under the bulldozers when many of them were still in nappies.

• 9 years later...
  • 3 months later...