Div1309

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yes cheers RiG for posting the link to my facebook profile, Iain

Not sure if that's meant to be sarcastic but if it is then you probably shouldn't have put the link up on P & B which is where I got it from as stated earlier in the thread.

EDIT: Nah you must be being sarcastic - unless you are friends with an Ayr fan on Facebook which is possible of course - clickoris.

Edited by RiG
Confusion.

yes cheers RiG for posting the link to my facebook profile, Iain

Not sure if that's meant to be sarcastic but if it is then you probably shouldn't have put the link up on P & B which is where I got it from as stated earlier in the thread.

EDIT: Nah you must be being sarcastic - unless you are friends with an Ayr fan on Facebook which is possible of course - clickoris.

had a look on p&b once i rememberd what the heck p&b was. it was some guy i don't know. he must have had some spare time on his hands.

was planning on putting a link up but a went to the pub instead and was going to do it today so you saved me a job cheers!!!!

only the ship inn

Edited by moraywanderer

when about will the ayr highlights be put up?

still working on them - its a lot more work when the lads score seven and the manager makes a speech !!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cross posting this reply from another thread as I think it is relevant here too

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harry, you will have to take that down because it shows match action.

I thought it was only the ones recorded by the club you couldn't use?

given the number of videos or video links posted in the last few days I have decided to post this clarification of how we are interpreting our site rules ... its pretty much the rule of thumb we (mods/admin) have followed all season:

1. YouTube links

YouTube links are fine !!! YouTube have a robust policy for dealing with copyright infringement so the SFL or other copyright holders can complain to them if necessary. As YouTube videos do not use our bandwidth we have no control over the actual videos. We do however reserve the right to remove links to videos which may be inappropriate due to content or where - for example - footage that has been posted on the official site is 'grabbed' and reworked into another clip.

2. Match Action

Personally, I do not define some of the clips referred to as showing 'match action' as actually doing so as the action is merely going on in the background and the focus is on the fans. For this reason we will not delete those links unless asked to do so by club or SFL who are the ones who actually define 'match action'. Again, as most of these are on YouTube then the club or SFL will likely have them removed at source first so the link will simply stop working !!!

3. ICT 'owned' footage

Footage filmed by Andy and processed by us can only be legally shown on the ICT official website - not even on here despite us creating it for them. If we come across instances of it being used elsewhere we will notify the club and let them decide whether they wish to ask the relevant host to remove it.

To add to these guidelines, please note that pictures added to the gallery (or to this thread) should be your own copyright, or used with the permission of the copyright holder and not pics 'stolen' from the BBC or other media sites.

can you not just make the video longer then? the guy who does the video for QOTS ends up with about 9mins of footage

Its not an issue of length, whether it was 3 minutes or 9 minutes, the post editing process for each game would take the same amount of time .... Its the game 'events' that dictate the amount of time post-processing takes. The higher the score, the more processing it takes as each goal has a few frames added for goal information. There is also a short clip of TB at the end of this week's highlights and I had to split that from the main video, add the FT details and then work it back in.

Please have a little more patience :blush: I am almost done and will hopefully get the finished file to the club in the next couple of hours.

In preparation for this week's game, I have created a gallery for pictures/video/audio from this coming Saturday.

http://community.caleythistleonline.com/in...autocom=gallery

Feel free to upload pictures and/or short videos once the game has been played. The only rules we have set are simple - no images copyrighted to someone else, and nothing that isnt suitable for all ages.

with regards to videos - we are happy to show video of the celebrations and or the fans but please no 'match action' ... we have had that discussion and most folk know the score with that. If you have a particularly long video or have trouble uploading video, let myself or CaleyD know and we may be able to make other arrangements for you such as FTP upload which we can then add manually.

not sure, we've never actually used it for videos :lol: you can give it a try (with a small one) and see what it does.

The reason I asked is, a 30 sec movie is about 40 megs on my wee Lumix.

OK, that's 51 Ayr photos up so I think I'll stop now. They're not in the Ayr gallery but in the members galleries HERE

Edited by The Mantis

The reason I asked is, a 30 sec movie is about 40 megs on my wee Lumix.

I have a similar problem on my camera .... the video is recorded uncompressed and is huge. I recommend WinX converter [ http://www.winxdvd.com/video-converter/ ] and convert to FLV with a size of 640x480 and bitrate around 1000 - should produce a decently compressed video at a decent quality that isnt too huge ....... unfortunately, its a win program not a Mac so you may be out of luck :lol: ... sure there is a mac equivalent though.

The Sunday Herald had a very good picture in it yesterday.. own up no.10?

I couldn't make the game as we were away for the weekend so I'm saving myself for this Saturday. Looks like we missed a good day at the beach though!

Hello :rolleyes: