Bennett

I normally stick to posting in an informative manner and don't like to get caught up in the discussions and passing of opinions, but I feel so strongly on this that I have to break with that tradition.

Who did Graeme Bennett think he was yesterday? Standing taking applause from that fans!!! Reality check Mr Bennett, not a single shout, whistle or coming together of hands was intended for you and many people (I know because enough of them were talking about it on the pitch and in the pub afterwards) were none too pleased see you playing the almighty and accepting praise that was intended for others like some self deluded hanger on.

On the off chance that you read this, and to ensure you are left under no illusion....those cheers, chants, whistles and all that clapping were for Terry Butcher, Maurice Malpas and the Squad who have (certainly in my opinion) achieved the success they have despite and not because of you and some others on the board, although they at least had the decency to step back and wait for Terry to take HIS plaudits

I apologise to the fans for the negative when we should be focusing on and enjoying the positives, but some people have been basking in the successes of ICT while contributing nothing for far too long and witnessing what I did yesterday had my blood boiling.

I shall only say that GB is undoubtedly ICT to the core but has put himself in a position where he is a feckin puppet / muppet and is totally in the control / influence of real muppets - Having known his family fer years I still really feel fer the lad but he was OTT yesterday - he has withdrawn himself from the true support - that will NEVER be cured unless he should come cleans OR resigns.

LOVE YA GRASSA - BUT YOU ARE NOW A FIGURE OF (thinking) DOUBT. Do'NT BE A SCAPEGOAT - You are a cat with eight feckin lives gone.

Didn't think he was taking plaudits... just trying to get Butcher out for the fans.

He is involved in the running of the club so also deserves to celebrate with the fans... ffs

I actually got excited when I seen him. Don't think he was taking plaudits but, if we give ourselves and posters on here credit for the title, surely he can as well?

So the title was won despite him and the board? Don't be so stupid! Are you telling me Bennet and the Board had nothing to do with appointing Butcher then offering him and Mo and contract extension? Or that they had nothing to do with the extensive changes made over the summer? Deciding to go for promotion straight away rather than consolidating for a year or two?

I am not particularly a fan of Bennet and he has deservedly had plenty criticism in the past but to say the title was won despite his efforts is a complete joke.

He and the Board deserve credit for enabling such a quick turnaround this season.

Lets all just enjoy the moment. Plenty time for bickering among ourselves in the close season. The guy is as entitled to celebrate just like the rest of us, whether you agree or disagree with what goes on in the boardroom.

Are you telling me Bennet and the Board had nothing to do with appointing Butcher then offering him and Mo and contract extension?

Well done vinnie...you got it in one. Bout time people woke and and saw that the club is being ran by one man, and its his wishes and desires that his puppets put in place! And while he is about...it will only ever be his Minions that will be put in place to run the club!

So the title was won despite him and the board? Don't be so stupid! Are you telling me Bennet and the Board had nothing to do with appointing Butcher then offering him and Mo and contract extension? Or that they had nothing to do with the extensive changes made over the summer? Deciding to go for promotion straight away rather than consolidating for a year or two?

I am not particularly a fan of Bennet and he has deservedly had plenty criticism in the past but to say the title was won despite his efforts is a complete joke.

He and the Board deserve credit for enabling such a quick turnaround this season.

Good feckin post - of course he was celebrating - no matter what you say about the lad he is ICT from his head to his toe - He has been poorly directed and influenced - I suspect taht if he was a fan he would have been just another figure in the away support yesterday.

BUT - i suspect he may or should admit that he was NOT ready fer the SPL - Appointing Terry and Mo was undoubtedly the turning point for ICT and I think - and hope - that it will be the best decision fer years ahead - but GB has to live with the Brewster years and the abominable decisIons that were made in respect of Bazza, Wyness etc and the clear idiocy of Marius.

As far as I am concerned - GB has learned a harsh lesson and the display yesterday was borne of relief - he should have sdtayed in the dressing room though and left the aplomb to Butcher.

GRASSER IS ICT - just wish that he would admit that he fecked up.

I have to agree with the majority on here and say that the OP is wrong in all he writes. Graeme Bennett is as entitled as anyone else employed by this club to share in the celebrations. Believe it or not he actually works very hard at what he does and I dont think its right to single him out for any form of abuse.

Perhaps the OP should think before he / she posts, realise he / she does not represent the majority. Indeed I'd be surprised if there was a minority of more than one or two who feel GB does not deserve any credit.

Are you telling me Bennet and the Board had nothing to do with appointing Butcher then offering him and Mo and contract extension?

Well done vinnie...you got it in one. Bout time people woke and and saw that the club is being ran by one man, and its his wishes and desires that his puppets put in place! And while he is about...it will only ever be his Minions that will be put in place to run the club!

Wrong individual - wish that he would cut the stings.

I see nothing from the OP that questions Grassa's passion for the club.

Now, I'm not going to be a hypocrite by knocking the OP for saying things I have said myself in the past and I can understand what they are saying and why they may be saying it, I heard the same sentiment mentioned by others yesterday and agreed with some of it myself...but it also has to be taken in balance with what IHE has said about Grassa being ICT to the bone, as critical as I may have been in the past I would never doubt his passion for the club and would defend him against any suggestion to the contrary.

I'm someone who gets criticised for the way I go about things or the manner in which I say it....and sometimes I have to accept that criticism...such is life. I would never deny Grassa (or anyone) his right to celebrate, but perhaps this is just one of those moments where he has to accept that the way he went about it and how it came across to some got on their nerves a little.

I'm not going to get into the argument about what he/she/they/them has or hasn't done and who deserves credit and who doesn't....that's a path I've walked often and not one I've ever enjoyed, but what I am enjoying is the here and now and I'm not going to allow anything to spoil that.

Moan Moan Moan Moan . Just won the league Moan Moan Moan. Best management team Moan Moan Moan. Unbeaten for 20 games Moan Moan Moan. Back in the SPL Moan Moan Moan. Scoring goals for fun Moan Moan Moan. Just as well we finished top or we would have nothing to moan about. :008: :019: :018: :026: :029: :angry06: :angry03: :argue::boxing: :fighting04: :lol:

Let him who is without sin cast the first stone!

You never know what needs and stresses activate or inhibit a person in the execution of his duties.

I know from personal experience how important a job can be to a person and how cruel and thougthless people can be to another employee under their control or supervision.

Why not concentrate our energies in upliftingand praising the personnel at the club and not the reverse and let our prejudices lie where they can fade away.

Especially at this time of triumph , let's look to the future in solid support and positiveity.