Supporting England?!?

Just because I have become such a big fan of Terry Butcher, his interviews and affinity with our fans, the photos of him in the England shirt covered in blood show the same amount of passion as he has shown for ICT. I feel dirty and wrong for thinking this way but I might just end up supporting the Auld Enemy in their quest in South Africa. SORRY.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because I have become such a big fan of Terry Butcher, his interviews and affinity with our fans, the photos of him in the England shirt covered in blood show the same amount of passion as he has shown for ICT. I feel dirty and wrong for thinking this way but I might just end up supporting the Auld Enemy in their quest in South Africa. SORRY.

You've been on the sauce Birdie!

Can't possible bring myself to contemplate such treachery. signed up member of ABE and happy to remain so. Apologies to TB but you have to draw the line somewhere!

Being half English, half Scottish, I follow both countries fortunes with equal pride and passion. First and foremost, I support England. I also want Scotland to do well. If Scotland ever get to the finals of a major tournament and England don't, I will support Scotland as passionately and maniacally as I would if it was England. I'm looking forward to the World Cup. Bagged meself a couple of tickets for England's group opener against USA.

COME ON ENGLAND!!! flag-smiley-7324.gif

Thought it was a late late April fools day, and took this with good humour until you said SORRY.

Sorry but I will be supporting anyone who plays them. Simples. No choice.

I've always wanted England to do well in tournaments, just not too well. I hate the grief they all get of the media every time they don't win the world cup. A lot of my friends are English, my favorite manager is English and I saw a blonde English man getting some very friendly attention on Saturday after the 6th goal went in.

Once the euphoria of this league championship wears off so might the urge to go against my deep rooted Anglophobia, who knows? Maybe it's the guilt of my comments on these boards earlier in the season making me want to give something back to God TB, but I think that I may have to seek IHE's professional opinion as I am still thinking about my allegiance during the forthcoming WC.

Once the euphoria of this league championship wears off so might the urge to go against my deep rooted Anglophobia, who knows? Maybe it's the guilt of my comments on these boards earlier in the season making me want to give something back to God TB, but I think that I may have to seek IHE's professional opinion as I am still thinking about my allegiance during the forthcoming WC.

Just repeat :

They think it's all over.....it is now!

That'll do the trick :blink: !

Edited by Sorted

Just repeat :

They think it's all over.....it is know!

That'll do the trick :blink: !

Don't you just love it when people try to take the **** and get it wrong?

Being a wee bit English, and a Big bit Scottish, i hope England get pumped so they don't know if its New Year, or if they are in New York.

ABE!

eeerrrggghh yeah, whatever you say. I think they'll be in South Africa in June but that's just me. :blink:

I take pride in supporting anyone who plays against England and cheering them as loud as I can.

Nothing would cheer me up better than seeing them lose in the semi-final to Germany in penalties after Terry skies it over the bar ............... the words 'get it right round yea' would be heard in South Africa from Aberdeen.

Although my great dislike of the Auld enemy comes pretty much solely from the fact that they think they have the god given right to win everything and if it wasn't for the media I probably wouldn't dislike them as much (when I say them I mean everyone that wears an Engerland shirt on the pitch)

ABE!!!

I don't mind if they get to the latter stages of the competition. I just don't want them to win the thing because we'll be hearing about it for the next 44 years!

They even mentioned "England's 1966 glory" in the ice hockey final of the Olympics between THE USA and CANADA. Different sport and England weren't even involved.

WE. HATE. JIMMY HIIIILLLLL. HE'S A P**F. HE'S A P**F.

I don't mind if they get to the latter stages of the competition. I just don't want them to win the thing because we'll be hearing about it for the next 44 years!

They even mentioned "England's 1966 glory" in the ice hockey final of the Olympics between THE USA and CANADA. Different sport and England weren't even involved.

At least if they do win it we will hear something different, we will hear all about 2010. Come to think of it, feck 'em, Anyone but England! My mind is made up, the brain fart has diminished.

I seriously hope they lose every game. I cannot stick all this believe ***** and come on Englacnd rubbish that is all over the TV these days.

Can't say I've noticed really, then again I don't watch telly so that might help you too.

ha ha, cracking chant!

A.B.E for me :rolleyes: