Supporting England?!?

I don't mind if they get to the latter stages of the competition. I just don't want them to win the thing because we'll be hearing about it for the next 44 years!

They even mentioned "England's 1966 glory" in the ice hockey final of the Olympics between THE USA and CANADA. Different sport and England weren't even involved.

WE. HATE. JIMMY HIIIILLLLL. HE'S A P**F. HE'S A P**F.

At least if they do win it we will hear something different, we will hear all about 2010. Come to think of it, feck 'em, Anyone but England! My mind is made up, the brain fart has diminished.

And I had such high hopes for you. :D

I seriously hope they lose every game. I cannot stick all this believe ***** and come on Englacnd rubbish that is all over the TV these days.

I wouldn't expect you to support England, you can't even spell it. :rolleyes:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Believe me, as An England supporter I find the whole media thing embarrasing

May the Team playing the most pleasing Football on the eye Win , even if thats Germany or Argentina :unsure:

As DerbyDave mentions, it's the media that go over the top with all the "England will win just like 1966" crap. We English fans just support the team not the hype. Surely you Scots can understand and appreciate that? You are supposed to be the most patriotic fans about, so surely you see that all the fans are doing are supporting their team. We know the hype is OTT but that's not us, just the idiots on TV. We also realise that England will probably choke round about the semi final stage (if we get that far), but while they are still in the comp we will support them. You would do the same for Scotland wouldn't you, given the chance? I find it pitiful that SOME of you slag the English but have English blood in your families or are married to an English partner. We all do what is right support our country but can we not learn to resist the urge to be bitter about other's?

Cue the verbal onslaught. :unsure:

As DerbyDave mentions, it's the media that go over the top with all the "England will win just like 1966" crap. We English fans just support the team not the hype. Surely you Scots can understand and appreciate that? You are supposed to be the most patriotic fans about, so surely you see that all the fans are doing are supporting their team. We know the hype is OTT but that's not us, just the idiots on TV. We also realise that England will probably choke round about the semi final stage (if we get that far), but while they are still in the comp we will support them. You would do the same for Scotland wouldn't you, given the chance? I find it pitiful that SOME of you slag the English but have English blood in your families or are married to an English partner. We all do what is right support our country but can we not learn to resist the urge to be bitter about other's?

Cue the verbal onslaught. :unsure:

:025: Come on England!

i dont have anything against the english fans themselves, apart from that lot with the brass band maybe, that play the great escape tune all the time :025: .

like someone said its the media that wind me up but i do get a lot of pleasure from watching linekar and ian wright just after they've been stuffed by spain or whoever and i'm sure there's plenty england fans having a chuckle at our lot after we take a doing from, well, the list is long.

i will be supporting anyone but england and make no apologies for that.As neighbours it would be pretty dull if we all supported each other imo. It makes it all the better to have friends and family with a different allegiance to wind up and i cant understand why people would take offence to it, its only a game of football at the end of the day.

c'mon the yanks :D

c'mon slovenia :D

c'mon the algerians :unsure:

i dont have anything against the english fans themselves, apart from that lot with the brass band maybe, that play the great escape tune all the time :D .

like someone said its the media that wind me up but i do get a lot of pleasure from watching linekar and ian wright just after they've been stuffed by spain or whoever and i'm sure there's plenty england fans having a chuckle at our lot after we take a doing from, well, the list is long.

i will be supporting anyone but england and make no apologies for that.As neighbours it would be pretty dull if we all supported each other imo. It makes it all the better to have friends and family with a different allegiance to wind up and i cant understand why people would take offence to it, its only a game of football at the end of the day.

c'mon the yanks :D

c'mon slovenia :D

c'mon the algerians :025:

Actually, I consider Scotland to be my second international team. I am half English, half Scottish, so I support Scotland as passionately as I support England. I hate the animosity between our two nations. It's petty and pathetic. We don't have to support each other, but do we have to hate each other? I don't particularly like Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Celtic and Rangers. But when any of them are playing in Europe, I will always want them to win, being British. Unless they're playing each other, then I pick the one I hate the least. :unsure:

Cue the verbal onslaught. :rolleyes:

Surely you English can understand that in football supporters don't want their biggest rivals to win, let alone win the World Cup!! Nothing to do with the media, I don't want them to win because they are Scotland's greatest rivals. Why does Scots not suporting England get right up England's backs anyway, they seem to have some weird belief that we should want them to win. There is 50 milliion + people in England they don't need another 5 million. I wouldn't want their support if it was the other way about. Hope they lose every game they play.

ABE

Actually, I consider Scotland to be my second international team. I am half English, half Scottish, so I support Scotland as passionately as I support England. I hate the animosity between our two nations. It's petty and pathetic. We don't have to support each other, but do we have to hate each other? I don't particularly like Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Celtic and Rangers. But when any of them are playing in Europe, I will always want them to win, being British. Unless they're playing each other, then I pick the one I hate the least. :rolleyes:

Hypocritical?

when the TV reporter was interviewing Scots and asking them if they would be supporting England they replied** AYE RIGHT***

its the only time a double positive becomes a negative

When Linniker asked Gordon Strachan during commentry of an English match in whic Engurlanddd where doing badly Quote

Liniker " What would you do Gordon if you were English?"

Gordon " Top myself"

I'm in the ABE camp, sooner they're out the better.

So....why is it ok for you to hold this view regrding Internatioanl Football.....yet when i express simmilar views about Ross County, you struggle to comprehend my stance?

Edited by SMEE

I'm in the ABE camp, sooner they're out the better.

So....why is it ok for you to hold this view regrding Internatioanl Football.....yet when i express simmilar views about Ross County, you struggle to comprehend my stance?

Hypocritical?

And I had such high hopes for you. :rolleyes:

My father was born in Andover, of Scottish parentage, my wife was born in Ross-shire from English parentage, of course I will have doubts but I had a tattoo done in 1993 so that I could always remove my thoughts from these lapses in reason. It reads, around the SRU thistle, "British by birth, Scottish by the grace of god"

Edited by Revbirdog

Birdog, I used to live in Andover, many moons ago. Nice place.

Joe, You miss my point. I don't expect Scots to support English. What I would expect is for it to be irrelevant to you how England do in the cup. To not care either way but all the hatred really beggars belief sometimes. I feel that some people go way over the top when there really is no need.

For someone to come out and say they support Algeria because they are playing England is laughable (TSTtiger). Can you even name one of their players? Do you even know where it is? :rolleyes:

Joe, You miss my point. I don't expect Scots to support English. What I would expect is for it to be irrelevant to you how England do in the cup. To not care either way but all the hatred really beggars belief sometimes. I feel that some people go way over the top when there really is no need.

For someone to come out and say they support Algeria because they are playing England is laughable (TSTtiger). Can you even name one of their players? Do you even know where it is? :lol:

I can, that bloke Bougerra at Rangers. That's all I can think of though.

For someone to come out and say they support Algeria because they are playing England is laughable (TSTtiger). Can you even name one of their players? Do you even know where it is? :lol:

Well they are Scotlands biggest rivals so I want them to lose. I don't want to have to hear about it non stop if they do well, I can't stand their fans either. And yeah I'll be supporting Algeria for that one game as I will the USA and Slovenia and yeah I know fine well where it is and think I can name 2 players Belhadj and Bougherra but that is irrelevant, it doesn't matter who they are playing I'm supporting England to lose.

Well they are Scotlands biggest rivals so I want them to lose. I don't want to have to hear about it non stop if they do well, I can't stand their fans either. And yeah I'll be supporting Algeria for that one game as I will the USA and Slovenia and yeah I know fine well where it is and think I can name 2 players Belhadj and Bougherra but that is irrelevant, it doesn't matter who they are playing I'm supporting England to lose.

:lol: Sums it all up really.

From what I can see, this ABE thing is one of these smokescreens that show up from time to time. It's a great cloke to hide behind for the dimwitted racist morons to spout their views. That's not to say that everyone who supports ABE is a racist, but for everyone who has racist views towards England, it's a great platform.

Edited by Renegade

For someone to come out and say they support Algeria because they are playing England is laughable (TSTtiger). Can you even name one of their players? Do you even know where it is? :blah01:

you dont seem like you find it funny. if you cannot understand why many scots will be supporting englands opponents then maybe you dont know much about football and its rivalrys.you cant seriously expect how a nations biggest rivals results go to be irrelevant can you.

its not like its a phenomenon only found between scotland and england :rolleyes:

what i think beggars belief is why some people get so upset about it.why cant

oh and madjid bougherra is my hero , well for 90 mins anyway :D not that it matters really how many players i know, you see thats the thing about A.B.E

For someone to come out and say they support Algeria because they are playing England is laughable (TSTtiger). Can you even name one of their players? Do you even know where it is? :blah01:

you dont seem like you find it funny. if you cannot understand why many scots will be supporting englands opponents then maybe you dont know much about football and its rivalrys.you cant seriously expect how a nations biggest rivals results go to be irrelevant can you.

its not like its a phenomenon only found between scotland and england :rolleyes:

oh and madjid bougherra is my hero , well for 90 mins anyway :D not that it matters really how many players i know, you see thats the thing about A.B.E

Now I realise why you support Algeria. You must be from there as it's obvious your first language isn't English. :D

Now I realise why you support Algeria. You must be from there as it's obvious your first language isn't English. :D

yes , very good oz, you cut me deep. when you dont like my point of view your infactuation with the way i write on a football forum continues . :D

i'm happy to debate the thread topic with you but if you wish to continue keep up the personal attacks literacy just do it through p.m. so we dont get another interesting thread needlessly closed. i might even use capital letters when appropriate as a gesture of goodwill and try not to make any typos :)