Signed/Off/Unknown

GMD11UK

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the P&J today Rosscoe says he is in a real emotional dilemma whether to commit himself to Caley Thistle or not. I just hope he accepts whatever the club offered him. If not it is going to be a very different defence next seasom without the big man at the back. :P

I think I will renew my season ticket in the next couple of days, was going to later on in the month but I suppose ICT would rather see how much money they have available to spend on players sooner rather than later. Not that I personally would make a difference but if most people applied the same logic, the club would see what money they do have, instead of making assumptions.

It wasnt that long ago that someone wished that he had 10 Ross Tokeleys in his team.

I certainly dont think its a lack of respect on Butchers part. Tokely is over 30, losing his pace and is not proved himself at CB at SPL level. Dont get me wrong he is an absolute legend and would love him to stay. But Arsne Wenger only offers players over 30 1 year deals. I think with Tokely it makes sense.....sadly!

Dont mind so much about Tokely in all honesty as much as i do about Esson. He was a standout player last season, and can easily do it again. Guy needs security and we offer him 1 year? cant see the reason in this. We NEED a reliable goalkeeper.

Ross has never been greedy about money. Indeed he's always just signed on the line. Now, however, he has to think about what the future holds. If someone offers him a lot more than he can make at ICT then I think he'll take it.

Ryan is probably in the same boat. Though he will likely play on for a few years more than Ross he also needs to think of building for life after football.

Both players want to stay but we dont pay enough. Simple as.

Ross has never been greedy about money. Indeed he's always just signed on the line. Now, however, he has to think about what the future holds. If someone offers him a lot more than he can make at ICT then I think he'll take it.

Ryan is probably in the same boat. Though he will likely play on for a few years more than Ross he also needs to think of building for life after football.

Both players want to stay but we dont pay enough. Simple as.

Not simple as at all. The fact is, we do pay enough. However, someone at club - and I know who I'm blaming for this, is not managing contract offers very well. Again.

Is it possible that the plan was to offer a one year deal to both and see if they'd bite and if not then offer a second year?

Not sure if this is a tactic used by us, but I'm sure it's been done elsewhere depending on the individual(s) in question and the general situation at any given time.

i know that esson was a bit dishartened that he was only offered a years contract when others were given two but this has been sorted out and a two year deal in place. He has been away on holiday and a mates stagger but is back now and will be down to the club sometime today to sign on the dotted line before heading off on holiday tomorrow.

P&J clicky

Sounds like he's offski :lol:

come on Rossco think of the good times ..

sounds to me like he just cant make up his mind ..... reading between the lines (or guessing), I would say that ICT have offered him 1yr (as we know) and maybe a half decent wage but others have offered more in terms of length of contract and wages. I cant see Ross as being one of those who will go into management or coaching at the end of his career so this could be his last chance for a decent contract and its his loyalty to ICT that is putting him in this turmoil ... otherwise he would already have been offski.