SPL Planning

Oldken27

Do we go for six + placing?

Or, will we continue with sub class players?

What can we afford?

The guys we have are okay for SLF. Are the fit for they SPL?

neksor

I'd hope that by binning LDZ, Bulvitis, Eagle, Stratford and Sanchez - we will be able to bring in quality, proven players that will do a decent job.

ok for SFL? we dominated the first division so good even max mosley considered hiring the services of the ICT-Team!

There's not much difference between to the top 3 or 4 teams in DIV 1 and the bottom 3 or 4 in the SPL, IMO.

Based on that I think it will be more about how we adapt to the differing style of football, than making any wholesale changes to the personnel.

Of course the opportunity exists for us to bring in a couple of players and I don't for one moment expect that we won't see some coming and going, but some of those changes will be every bit as much down to adapting as opposed to any desperate need to improve.

I would be happy with the same starting 11 for the SPL

In the last 12 games we have only conceded 5 goals, thats 5 goals conceded in 18 hours of football, 9 clean sheets and 31 goals scored.

All of our team are leaving the SFL better players than when they entered it, Staying in the SPL is priority but this current ICT squad have amassed more points in the 1st div that their title winning predecessors and I would say against tougher opposition this time round. In the first SPL year we were very close to a top six finish, so theres no harm in making the top 6 plan A, next season.

In the last 12 games we have only conceded 5 goals, thats 5 goals conceded in 18 hours of football, 9 clean sheets and 31 goals scored.

All of our team are leaving the SFL better players than when they entered it, Staying in the SPL is priority but this current ICT squad have amassed more points in the 1st div that their title winning predecessors and I would say against tougher opposition this time round. In the first SPL year we were very close to a top six finish, so theres no harm in making the top 6 plan A, next season.

Excellent post and my sentiments exactly! :lol:

I see no reason why we cant push on for a top six finish with the quality of play we have shown towards the business end of this season. Why aim so low?

BELIEVE.

Agree with all that.

There is a togetherness with the team and that will go a long, long way to survival BUT can we not breathe a bit easier - will there be NO relegation next season as the number of clubs in the SPL increases. Financially that could mean that we give short term contracts out with a slight wage increase, hold on to the majority of the squad, perhaps be able to afford paying out to a seasoned pro fer a season (?Graham Alexander) and taking some yoof on loan. We could then relax a little bit.

It all depends on the start - if we get the right opposition and come blasting out we could be looking for a Top Six finish - I would personally be delighted with a mid table finish and be able not to sweat past April BUT please, please, please lets have a Cup Run.

There is a togetherness with the team and that will go a long, long way to survival BUT can we not breathe a bit easier - will there be NO relegation next season as the number of clubs in the SPL increases. Financially that could mean that we give short term contracts out with a slight wage increase, hold on to the majority of the squad, perhaps be able to afford paying out to a seasoned pro fer a season (?Graham Alexander) and taking some yoof on loan. We could then relax a little bit.

It all depends on the start - if we get the right opposition and come blasting out we could be looking for a Top Six finish - I would personally be delighted with a mid table finish and be able not to sweat past April BUT please, please, please lets have a Cup Run.

You have got to assume that the bottom team will still be relegated and that additional teams will be promoted should there be reconstruction. No relegation would be a bonus but I would hope we would be shooting for the best possible finish we can achieve as each place is worth more money in bonuses from the SPL. I am guessing a mid table finish somewhere between 6th and 8th and I would be happy with that.

I truly believe we will have the squad in place that can achieve safety well before the end of the season this time. Those who have been there before - and who suffered at the end of last season - do not want to be relegated again, its painful, and those who are entering the SPL for the first time will be desperate to do well, not only for TB but also to raise their own profiles, transfer value and international prospects...

I think players such as Roscoe, Foran, Hayes, Duncan, Munro should easily cope with the step up to the SPL. But, I think Rooney, Odhiambo, Sanchez might take a while to settle in to begin with.

Odhiambo is far from the finished article, so i'd expect his appearances to be from the bench.

It depends on Rooney's character, if he can go 75 mins or so without a sniff at goal, and then take one chance and score, it's ok, but some strikers need to warm up with a few chances early on, that wont happen too often, so ability is there but is the mental strength.

One player who i think will set the heather alight is Hayes. He will be rightly targeted as the dangerman, but he can handle that, i think ICT may see a lot of money being offered for him, a record amount for the club.

You could be right about Hayes but I've always wondered whether his physical presence (or lack of) will play a part in his capability in the SPL. If used the right way he could completely take defences by storm, if not I fear he could become very frustrating as there is no question of the talent and ability there! Some of his SFL "signature moves" may be brushed off by bigger, stronger and more capable SPL defenders - here's hoping that he takes the step-up in his stride though and continues his reputation as one of the best players ever to play in an ICT shirt!

I think players such as Roscoe, Foran, Hayes, Duncan, Munro should easily cope with the step up to the SPL. But, I think Rooney, Odhiambo, Sanchez might take a while to settle in to begin with.

Odhiambo is far from the finished article, so i'd expect his appearances to be from the bench.

It depends on Rooney's character, if he can go 75 mins or so without a sniff at goal, and then take one chance and score, it's ok, but some strikers need to warm up with a few chances early on, that wont happen too often, so ability is there but is the mental strength.

One player who i think will set the heather alight is Hayes. He will be rightly targeted as the dangerman, but he can handle that, i think ICT may see a lot of money being offered for him, a record amount for the club.

Edited by Wyness13

You could be right about Hayes but I've always wondered whether his physical presence (or lack of) will play a part in his capability in the SPL. If used the right way he could completely take defences by storm, if not I fear he could become very frustrating as there is no question of the talent and ability there! Some of his SFL "signature moves" may be brushed off by bigger, stronger and more capable SPL defenders - here's hoping that he takes the step-up in his stride though and continues his reputation as one of the best players ever to play in an ICT shirt!

I don't that the SPL has the same level of physicality if you ask me.

I also believe that our starting 11 that have played the last few months will do very well in the SPL. If it aint broke don't fix it. The guys we are releasing are squad players so if we can replace them with some quality then I see no reason why we can't get into the near the top 6.

I also believe that our starting 11 that have played the last few months will do very well in the SPL. If it aint broke don't fix it. The guys we are releasing are squad players so if we can replace them with some quality then I see no reason why we can't get into the near the top 6.