ICT Single

BornCaley

Fair enough Don, I take it Rock Star games gave you permission to use the "Wang Cars" T-shirt then? TBH I just thought that your post was a wee bit T-i-C I just thought Borncaley was being a wee bit harsh on the lad.

Fair doos, at the end of the day I just thought that seeing as how copyrighted images and intellectual property are posted on here on a daily basis, even sold on the site shop then it's a bit unfair to single out a user. I am not really that bothered anyway.

Interesting to note that almost immediately after the comments above were made, our site shop provider has notified us that a complaint has been received from an individual about the "Wang Cars" design and therefore they have pulled it for now as they investigate ......

Our shirt shop is one of the many revenue streams we use to make sure we can keep this site free for our users, and it takes 3 or 4 days for a design to go through their approval process before it can be used, especially if it contains a logo or anything that looks like a logo. these kinds of design require us to submit an explanation, or in the case of private designs for a company where a logo IS used, a letter of authority from the ? or ? holder. We are confident that the use of both the "Wang Cars" and "Stig" designs (which we have been notified is the next design that will be complained about) will be upheld but even if we are allowed to we probably wont re-instate them as the paperwork involved is excessive.

We would like to say thank you very much to the user who tried to do this to us and to our members. Very classy :lol:

Just read this thread, after a great holiday in the sun, and I see not much has changed among some. The OP offers up a single, at no cost, to help the team, the fans, and wherever the proceeds go. Another person offers a very good design for comment, prior to publication. He has also agreed that permissions would be sought as to any copyright issues. People trying to be positive and also trying to guide each other on the little intricacies that go with such a venture. All good points. And points that I'm sure the owners of the copyright of images used would welcome.

Such a shame then that the two main persons concerned find their idea's, and invitations for comment, turn into what I can only describe as a bit of bitchiness.

This thread is about a song and a cover sleeve. It has absolutely nothing to do with copyright of images used for other projects, nor even images posted by members of this site in other areas of this site. It could be construed that we are all guilty of some breach of copyright in what we place on the site, though my view in that tends to be that if the owner of an image places it on a public hosting site then its fair game for others to use it.

All that said. I think the song idea is a fantastic gesture from the OP and look forward to hearing words and music. (will I be breaching his copyright if I sing it?). I also think the artwork is an excellent concept and that with some suggestions being put forward and a little tweaking here and there will turn out as something that the real owners of the images used would have no problem in allowing. Peter Paul would never have a problem with his image being used so long as he is approached beforehand. I dont see the club, as owners of the crest, having a problem either. I'm also sure both could be acknowledged within the finished article.

Here, here! Let's all get along! :bighug:

Just read this thread, after a great holiday in the sun, and I see not much has changed among some. The OP offers up a single, at no cost, to help the team, the fans, and wherever the proceeds go. Another person offers a very good design for comment, prior to publication. He has also agreed that permissions would be sought as to any copyright issues. People trying to be positive and also trying to guide each other on the little intricacies that go with such a venture. All good points. And points that I'm sure the owners of the copyright of images used would welcome.

Such a shame then that the two main persons concerned find their idea's, and invitations for comment, turn into what I can only describe as a bit of bitchiness.

This thread is about a song and a cover sleeve. It has absolutely nothing to do with copyright of images used for other projects, nor even images posted by members of this site in other areas of this site. It could be construed that we are all guilty of some breach of copyright in what we place on the site, though my view in that tends to be that if the owner of an image places it on a public hosting site then its fair game for others to use it.

All that said. I think the song idea is a fantastic gesture from the OP and look forward to hearing words and music. (will I be breaching his copyright if I sing it?). I also think the artwork is an excellent concept and that with some suggestions being put forward and a little tweaking here and there will turn out as something that the real owners of the images used would have no problem in allowing. Peter Paul would never have a problem with his image being used so long as he is approached beforehand. I dont see the club, as owners of the crest, having a problem either. I'm also sure both could be acknowledged within the finished article.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE:

Things are coming on fine, some great ideas and a few potentials recorded. However i need some crowd chants for the beginning and i liked the chants we had at the Ayr away game. So if people dont mind me using their recordings would they post their youtube links so i can capture the recordings for the track.

thanks

BC

Would you not rather have the files out the camera? I've got a good few from Ayr and Dundee. The sound on youtube is poor.

My studio is wired up to my PC + a decent capture software, it works fine. But if your ok with me using your files, pm me your email and i'll drop you a line..cheers Mantis

UPDATE:

Things are coming on fine, some great ideas and a few potentials recorded. However i need some crowd chants for the beginning and i liked the chants we had at the Ayr away game. So if people dont mind me using their recordings would they post their youtube links so i can capture the recordings for the track.

thanks

BC

Can we hear one?

Would you not rather have the files out the camera? I've got a good few from Ayr and Dundee. The sound on youtube is poor.

My studio is wired up to my PC + a decent capture software, it works fine. But if your ok with me using your files, pm me your email and i'll drop you a line..cheers Mantis

if any storage space is needed so you guys can exchange them via FTP or similar, let myself or Don know and we will set something up

UPDATE:

thanks

BC

Can we hear one?

patience my lad, ha ha!

Serioulsy though their only acc guitar/vocal demos to get some resemblance of a melody together. Not ready for others ears yet. The idea is that the crown noise/singing starts the track, but i need them to set what key to start the song in. believe it or not when we sing at games we are singing in a certain key, so the song key has to roughly match.