Graham Alexander

I have been told by a Burnley fan that a Scottish club have been sniffing around GA - initially I suspected that it could be Dundee as he is looking to settle in Scotland, wants to play for at least another two seasons at a high level and wants a coaching role.

I fer one would look at what price he is looking at. Perfect SPL captain material

Would be a great addition. Premier League experience, plenty of experience overall at his age. Fantastic penalty taking record. Of course, nowhere near as good as penalty king Matt le Tissier!

I'd be pleased with this signing. I know for Scotland some claim he wasn't much good, but from the Burnley highlights I've seen over the course of the season, he looks like a very good player - and his penalty kicks alone are something else! He can play right-back and in the midfield I believe and could also be the captain ICT have been crying out for since Dods left.

Guest Mahonio

Would he really consider coming to Inverness though?

He did work under Butcher at Scotland, so TB may talk him into signing for us. I would LOVE it if he came but who does he replace in the team?

He did work under Butcher at Scotland, so TB may talk him into signing for us. I would LOVE it if he came but who does he replace in the team?

Probably David Proctor if Tokely is kept a centre half, or perhaps fighting for a midfield role with Duncan and Cox.

What's wrong with Inverness?

It's good enough for Butcher, Malpas, Foran, Tokely, Golabeck, Esson, etc, etc, etc....

Why shouldn't it be good enough for him?

gotta admit i was one of those who thought he was rubbish for scotland. always played at right back, badly! and i thought tokely deserved that spot (I was young!) either way with seeing him for burnley playing in defensive midfield thought he was brilliant. penalty machine! great addition IF we could get him. that said he's maybe a bit above our level :lol: more likely to be old firm/edinburgh material i fear. aim high terry aim high.

j

Agree with "Bombabim"'s post to an extent regarding Alexander's likelihood to stay central belt.

Alexander probably does see himself as above our level which is a problem that ICT have always had to face since their formation regarding the signing of players but having said that, the club is expanding and gaining reputation and history as it ages and hopefully these ideas of us being a small, less-established team will begin to fade.

With names now like Butcher and Malpas and a squad which has stormed the SFL on the first time of asking I think we are an exciting and unique club (complimented also by both our geographical location and our age in comparison to other SPL teams).

If SPL-quality players could overcome their fear of moving north of Glasgow then we would be in with a great shout of signing them up!

I would love to see Graham Alexander brought here and I feel that there is no reason why it shouldn't happen; I have a feeling Terry will reel in some decent, established players this closed season as our performance this year speaks volumes for the character of the club, management and fans and surely provide several pull-factors for anyone who wants to play for a team that is a true Scottish footballing side.

I have been told by a Burnley fan that a Scottish club have been sniffing around GA - initially I suspected that it could be Dundee as he is looking to settle in Scotland, wants to play for at least another two seasons at a high level and wants a coaching role.

I fer one would look at what price he is looking at. Perfect SPL captain material

This "rumour" - :lol:

What's so funny about a rumour that a Scottish club are looking at Graham Alexander?

Or should I just post-

RiG thinking that speculative talk about a rumour is the rumour - :lol:

Why be so negative? How can ICT ever overcome this stigma attached to them that they are a tiny remote club with nothing to offer to decent players when even our own fans believe it to be true? There is nothing that deems this idea ludicrous or funny in the slightest, and even if you think it is you should keep it to yourself; what is the point in slating the team you support on a fan forum?

What's so funny about a rumour that a Scottish club are looking at Graham Alexander?

That the Scottish club might be us. HTH.

Why be so negative? How can ICT ever overcome this stigma attached to them that they are a tiny remote club with nothing to offer to decent players when even our own fans believe it to be true? There is nothing that deems this idea ludicrous or funny in the slightest, and even if you think it is you should keep it to yourself; what is the point in slating the team you support on a fan forum?

Telt! :lol:

:lol:

I don't believe we are a "tiny remote club with nothing to offer" (your words not mine by the way) but I do know that we couldn't have a hope of getting Graham Alexander. There is a slight difference. Unless you can show how he is a legitimate and realistic target for ICT on our budget? In which case I am all ears...

I didn't say that was what you said but I said that was the stigma which is attached to the club in terms of drawing players in. The point of your argument that I disagree with is the fact that "we wouldn't have a hope of getting Graham Alexander". My post earlier in this thread was regarding everything that the club has to offer and how we have grown in stature and history over the 16 years we have been in business. As for budget, Alexander has surely amassed quite an income through playing for Burnley and may well just want to end his footballing carer playing in Scotland while taking the drop of wages in his stride. We have seen this in established Scottish players moving to the likes of Falkirk, in Stephen Pressley's case; a player who once player for Celtic, eventually moving to a smaller club with a lower SPL status and obviously taking reduced wages.

I don't really want to argue over what is a VERY speculative rumour; all I'm saying is that as a club and a support, we need to start believing that this type of transfer is feasible - otherwise nobody else will and we will remain an understated club with little pulling-power.

:lol:

I don't believe we are a "tiny remote club with nothing to offer" (your words not mine by the way) but I do know that we couldn't have a hope of getting Graham Alexander. There is a slight difference. Unless you can show how he is a legitimate and realistic target for ICT on our budget? In which case I am all ears...

Edited by Wyness13

The point of your argument that I disagree with is the fact that "we wouldn't have a hope of getting Graham Alexander". My post earlier in this thread was regarding everything that the club has to offer and how we have grown in stature and history over the 16 years we have been in business. As for budget, Alexander has surely amassed quite an income through playing for Burnley and may well just want to end his footballing carer playing in Scotland while taking the drop of wages in his stride.

You're talking about his budget. I am concentrating on ICTs. If Alexander were to come in his wages would break our structure, something that will not happen again post Niculae (the club have said this incidentally).

We have sen this in established Scottish players moving to the likes of Falkirk in Stephen Pressley's case; a player who once player for Celtic moving to a smaller club with a lower SPL status and obviously taking reduced wages.

Erm, slight difference with that one. Alexander has been a Burnley regular this season. When Pressley moved he was well out of the picture at Celtic and desperate for first team football knowing he wouldn't get it at Celtic. The scenarios are hardly similar.

all I'm saying is that as a club and a support, we need to start believeing that this type of transfer is feasable - otherwise nobody else will and we will remain an understated club with little pulling-power.

So to make ICT a more "attractive club" for potential signings we need to believe that unrealistic rumours of players signing for us are possible therefore leading to other players signing for us? wacko.gif