Motherwell v Hibs

Renegade

Sounds like Rankin had a good game, set up 2 or 3 of the Hibees 6 goals. Hibs bottled it, thought they had it won and thre away a 6-2 lead. The Steelmen even had time to fluff a penalty near the end before their equaliser.

I was actually referring to the record for the highest scoring draw, but the Australia result was from a 2001 game against American Samoa which they won 31-0. That's the record for the biggest win in international football.]

Edit - Apparently the last time there was a 6-6 draw was in August 1999 in the Belgian League when Genk drew with Westerlo.

Edited by Renegade

I was actually referring to the record for the highest scoring draw, but the Australia result was from a 2001 game against American Samoa which they won 31-0. That's the record for the biggest win in international football.]

Edit - Apparently the last time there was a 6-6 draw was in August 1999 in the Belgian League when Genk drew with Westerlo.

It equals the record for a national top division. Leicester and Arsenal had a 6-6 in the 30's. Charlton drew 6-6 with Middlesborough in 1960 and beat Huddersfield in 1957, 7-6, but these were in 2nd division.

The Genk game included 5 penalties and 4 red cards.

Craigie "0-0" Broon is the last manager on earth you'd expect to be involved in a result like this.

Weren't Motherwell involved in something similar about10 years ago? I think they lost something like 6-5 at home to an Aberdeen side that hadn't been able to score goals for weeks.

It was an incredible game of football, even at 6-2 Motherwell continued to play well going forward and were worthy of their point, Forbes should never have taken that penalty, never looked confident for it.

Jutkiewicz goal was one of the best technique based finishes i've ever seen, he won't be at Motherwell next season.

Sky says that Well also lost 6-5 to Aberdeen in 1999 and 5-4 to Dundee Utd in 2005 at Fir Park, some very high scoring games there.

I only caught the last 20 minutes and have just watched the highlights on BBC. What a game!!!

Surely with defenses like that in the SPL, our shamrock could be well set to tear teams apart! :ohmy:

Saw the highlights on the BBC website - what a cracking goal to make it 6-6. Also click onto the link for the radio commentry - great stuff.

And how I laughed at the sight of Motherwell fans heading for the exits when it went to 6-2! :lol: :021:

As for records, there was a 7-7 draw in the 4th qualifying round of the FA Cup in 1929 when Dulwich Hamlets played Wealdstone. What is really remarkable here is that 7 years earlier Dulwich Hamlets also conceded 7 goals at the same stage of the competition. But on that occasion they actually won when they scored 8 against St Albans!

Saw the highlights on the BBC website - what a cracking goal to make it 6-6. Also click onto the link for the radio commentry - great stuff.

And how I laughed at the sight of Motherwell fans heading for the exits when it went to 6-2! :004: :004:

As for records, there was a 7-7 draw in the 4th qualifying round of the FA Cup in 1929 when Dulwich Hamlets played Wealdstone. What is really remarkable here is that 7 years earlier Dulwich Hamlets also conceded 7 goals at the same stage of the competition. But on that occasion they actually won when they scored 8 against St Albans!

Were you there?

And how I laughed at the sight of Motherwell fans heading for the exits when it went to 6-2! :023: :lol:

Were you there?

No. Sadly it clashed with the local pensioners' day trip to Margate.