SPL potential

• :ohmy: Will not make the grade
  • :023: :lol: will struggle but good squad player
  • :lol::lol::lol: Will be able to just about hack it
  • :lol::lol::lol::lol: Should hack it and develop even further
  • :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: No great worries:

ESSON :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

PROCTOR :lol::lol::lol: Although he did not exactly hack it before but is far more experienced now

GOLLY :lol:

ROSSCOE :lol::lol: Legend and one of my faves but the years may have caught up with him - but he always takes on a challenge.

GRANTY :lol::lol::lol::lol:

BULLY :lol::lol::lol:

HAYES :lol::lol::lol::lol:

DUNCAN :lol::lol::lol: not too sure about the step back up

COX :lol::lol::lol::lol:

McBAIN :lol::lol:

FORAN :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

ROONEY :lol::lol::lol::lol:

SANCHEZ :lol::lol::lol::lol: I actually think that he may be better suited to the SPL !!

ERIC :lol::lol::lol: I could have given him 2 1/2 - depends on how he works in pre season.

JIMMY ZADI :lol:

Just feel that the rest will be in the 2 category and/or "unknown"

These would be my changes exactly, apart from McBain who I would also give 3.

I agree with all of that apart from Golly should have 3, Tokely should have 3 and sanchez 3.

Few wrong there, IHE.

Too hard on Golly by a long way. Two at least.

Roscoe will be a three, at least if he stays at centre back.

Granty down to 3 I am afraid. He will be found out.

Duncan, for some reason has had a great season, 2nd half anyway and there is no reason to think that won't continue. A 4.

I am putting myself on a limb here, but I have a suspicion that Foran will not find this division to his liking. Hope I am wrong. Down to 3.

Eric is improving every game and will continue to do so. Up to 4.

LDZ - offski.

every time we go up a division the word is 'roscoe is a legend and has been brillliant for us but maybe its just beyond him now'. i'm sure it was said when we left the 3rd, then the 2nd and i def thought it when we went to the spl first time. however true to his superman monocur he has managed it every time. even the falkirk game has been forgiven him.

if i'm honest at right back i don't think he'd manage it this time, however at centre back i think its right, as in our last cycle of games we were supperb at the back and the partnership seems to be pretty solid.

so for me roscoe gets a :ohmy: :023: :lol:

not sure about golly but who'da thought he'd be back at all. so give him a go. no one think eagle will be sticking around?

Given that most started this SFL1 season as maybe a 2 or 3 and ended up as 4s or 5s then I am giving everyone a 3 for the start of next season and hope that many go on to become 4s or 5s !!! I guess it is inevitable that one or two may unfortunately drop to 2 or even 1 but staying positive until proven otherwise.

IHE - think you are being too hard on Golly and Rosscoe and maybe even McBain. Golly is a local lad, into the SPL for the first time (?) and will be determined to start next season how he finished this one. I think his drive and motivation will keep his old legs going. Rosscoe is a machine and while I agree that he may not be as good at RB as he gets older and slower, I think he will still be a formidable centre half. Royster is a 'confidence player' a bit like Wyness and if TB can keep him confident and motivated then I believe we will see decent performances. If the head goes down then he may struggle.

Gordy - Foran was in SPL before ... 3 seasons at Motherwell with around 90 appearances and 23 goals.

Golly is a local lad, into the SPL for the first time (?) and will be determined to start next season how he finished this one. I think his drive and motivation will keep his old legs going.

Golly was played on a handful of occasions in our first two seasons in the SPL before being loaned to Livingston midway through our third season.

Golly is a local lad, into the SPL for the first time (?) and will be determined to start next season how he finished this one. I think his drive and motivation will keep his old legs going.

Golly was played on a handful of occasions in our first two seasons in the SPL before being loaned to Livingston midway through our third season.

oops - my bad. You are indeed correct, and checking back on the stats I see he played 41 times in 04/05, 16 +5 sub in 05/06 and twice in 06/07. Way off the mark on this one :ohmy: Still think he will be motivated though :023:

"golly got our first ever spl goal if memory serves and did pretty well in our first season. wouldn't write him off yet"

i think that was our first home game vs dunfermline

nah that was bazza's screamer. first spl goal from golly was at pittodrie

"golly got our first ever spl goal if memory serves and did pretty well in our first season. wouldn't write him off yet"

i think that was our first home game vs dunfermline

nah that was bazza's screamer. first spl goal from golly was at pittodrie

To clarify ..... I think this is what the users are saying, but

1. Golly scored our first ever SPL goal. this was at Pittodrie Vs Dunfermline on 15/08/04 http://stats.caleythistleonline.com/matchdetails.php?id=229

2. Barry scored our first ever SPL goal at the TCS. this was also Vs Dunfermline on 29/01/05 http://stats.caleythistleonline.com/matchdetails.php?id=254

now, can we get back on topic :lol:

Gordy - Foran was in SPL before ... 3 seasons at Motherwell with around 90 appearances and 23 goals.

Yeah, Scotty, I know. Not sure where it went wrong for him in his career, but I just have a feeling that maybe his temperament problems might return, especially if he becomes a marked man. On the other hand, he seems to suggest that he is a calmer person now. As I said, hope I am wrong.

Yeah, Scotty, I know. Not sure where it went wrong for him in his career, but I just have a feeling that maybe his temperament problems might return, especially if he becomes a marked man. On the other hand, he seems to suggest that he is a calmer person now. As I said, hope I am wrong.

Don't worry min, he goes fishing now.

IIRC in ICT's first couple of seasons in the SPL, Golabek was mainly used as a left midfielder.

I don't think you do remember correctly as Golly was nearly always at left back. Only very occasionally pushed further up.

Had a wee scan look Soccerbase, and it looks like that about towards the end of SPL Season 1 and the start of SPL Season 2 Golly seemed to be in and out of that role, usually only moving forward when Hastings came back into the side.