6 players let go

Why do people think we should sign Tuffy unless they are wanting rid of Esson? There is no way Tuffy would come to us as a back up keeper, he has got into the N. Ireland squad recently and has had a lot of clubs looking at him.

Exactly. I cannot get my head around why people still don't understand that.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mahonio

I am not surprised by these releasings apart from maybe Duff who i felt should have been given at least a chance pre-season to show that he was worth a new deal.

Djebi-Zadi- He was mistake prone and also his reaction to coming out of the tunnel for trophy presentation said it all for me, i mean he reluctantly clapped and did not smile and was even walking out slowly.

Bulvitis- He did well enough for us IMHO, but i expected him to leave as i didn't think we would loan him again and i think there was complications regarding a permanent signing, however, i am not to sure.

Eagle- Was beginning to show his worth late on but was never going to get 1st team football with Foran, Hayes etc ahead of him. Will as MFR sports reporter says, be remembered for his goal against County in ALBA Cup semi.

Stratford- Like Eagle, was not going to get first team football and was also slated by some when he replaced Duncan in a game near end of season but i can't comment as i never seen him play.

Allison- Another who was not going to get 1st team action due to our number 1. Also, he is another who got slated on this forum for supposedly saying he was a County fan.

Duff- The most surprising of all as he only played once for us from which i can remember (Hamilton in 2nd game of season, 2 seasons ago) but was at fault for the goal in a 1-0 loss but as i said above, he deserved to at least play in pre season to show he is worth a new contract.

Not suprised at all. Had the list contained Odhihambo, it would have been perfect.i just think he is not up to the required level. Struggled at SFL level....will be a passenger in SPL

I am not surprised by these releasings apart from maybe Duff who i felt should have been given at least a chance pre-season to show that he was worth a new deal.

Djebi-Zadi- He was mistake prone and also his reaction to coming out of the tunnel for trophy presentation said it all for me, i mean he reluctantly clapped and did not smile and was even walking out slowly.

:lol:

That's some great expert opinion for that lot from someone who was only at one game!

Edited by Renegade

Dissapointed Bully and Duff are gone. I guessed Bully would go as Ventsplis i think wanted him back, good luck to Jamie wherever he goes, he was very unfortunate with injury and deserves a bit of luck, hopefully he won't end up at Elgin or somewhere like that as i think he is better than 3rd Division standard.

Eagle and Stratford just didn't look up to it, Stratford in paticular just never look comfortable with the pace of the 1st Division. Eagle showed a bit of promise late on but it was too little, too late.

Lionel...well i certainly don't need to say whats already been said but good luck to him.

Kyle, well i only ever saw him a couple of times so again good luck to him and good luck to them all as one way or another they all played some part in getting us promoted even if it was just a bit part.

Well done to TB for getting players futures resolved asap. Means he must have some good plans for the summer.

dissapointed in Eagle & Bulvitus going..thought they would make the grade... Didnt see enough of Stratford, Duff.

In Terry i trust in these matters

I agree with this, we should have kept Eagles as a bench warmer at least and Bully... well i think he's done himself proud and did us a great job seen as he came straight from the leauge he was playing for to us and didnt stop improving...

Thanks everyone for what they have done for us Eagles and Bully thank you very much, and always remever...

HE'S HERE HE's THERE HE's EVERY FRACKING WHERE!!!!!

I feel sorry for Duff - he showed real promise but we don't know how complete his recovery is. Hopefully he will get a chance elsewhere and do well.

It must have been a toss up between Eagle and Odhiambo. Both are probably too lightweight and don't get stuck in enough but I feel Eagle was improving - he puts some reasonable balls in and gets himself into good positions. Perhaps strange that if Terry is letting Eagle go that he played him as much as he did rather than Ross and Morrison.

Sorry to see Bulvitis go. He had a very poor last game but otherwise has been pretty solid - he's also scored some useful goals and I would have thought he was a useful option as a squad player. If Duff is not an option then we are pretty limited at the back as things stand. But Terry knows a thing or two about defending so it may be that he already has players in his sights.

It is good that these decisions have been taken quickly. That augers well for decisive action in strengthening the squad and getting the team together for a good pre-season.

Could this simply be duff information ? Did the eagle simply want to leave the nest ? Has stratford got a job delivering catalogues and will be now known as Stratford on Avon ? Is it not etiquette to get rid of the team bully ? The tink in the nets was too effeminate - abit of an Allison in Wonderland ?

But where wil Jimmy go - it could be there, there , any feckin where.

It must have been a toss up between Eagle and Odhiambo. Both are probably too lightweight and don't get stuck in enough but I feel Eagle was improving - he puts some reasonable balls in and gets himself into good positions. Perhaps strange that if Terry is letting Eagle go that he played him as much as he did rather than Ross and Morrison.

He may have had to consider the U21 rule as a deciding factor .... Eric is 20 whereas Robert is 23

Aged 21 or under in squad .....

• Cox (26/06/90)
  • Odhiambo (12/05/89)
  • Morrison (30/01/90)
  • Ross (11/11/91)
  • Shinnie (04/08/91)
  • Sutherland (23/10/90)

I'm afraid most of these guys weren't good enough IMHO. Shame to see Duff go, I thought he was a good prospect. But I was speaking to one of his family recently and they were saying his injury was very bad and could even be career threatening :lol:. Hope this isn't the case, all the best for the future Jamie!

Agree with Caley D that the decisiveness is a good thing. Terry must be fairly confident of getting cover in in central defence. FWIW I wouldn't have been sorry to see us keep Bully - sometimes he had a bit of a tendency to lose opposing attackers but I saw him have a few very good games for us. I warmed to Eagle too after the 0-0 at County and the Ayr game, where he showed some promise, but he was never going to be challenging Hayes or Foran for the wide positions.

Clearly, though, we can expect to see a few new signings, which will make the summer more interesting.

Any bets Duff will do a Vigurs now?

Can we invent a new word for crossing the bridge the wrong way, the reverse feeder effect. :lol:

Edited by The Mantis

Was yapping to Jamie and is still not back to jogging yet, he says he will give it to christmas 2010 but fears his career could be over but was very thankful towards butcher for the advice he had given him and keeping him at the club for the year although he has been released he will still carry on his rehab at ICT which he is grateful for that

Was yapping to Jamie and is still not back to jogging yet, he says he will give it to christmas 2010 but fears his career could be over but was very thankful towards butcher for the advice he had given him and keeping him at the club for the year although he has been released he will still carry on his rehab at ICT which he is grateful for that

all sounds very fair and considerate. glad to hear it :lol:

I expected 4 of those players to be released but i was suprised to see Bully and Duff released. Bully was a bit rough around the edges but had the makings of a good player.

Anytime i saw Duff play i always thought he had the makings of a very good player. Very unfortunate injury and one which i hope he recovers from.

thats great to see TB and the club are helping in his rehabilitation.

Spoke to Robert Eagle before this was announced, and he was saying it took him until Xmas to settle up here. Has a young kid back down south and said it was a bit of getting used to not seeing him. Thought he might have merited another year.

Lionel, Bully fell out of Terry's circle of trust - so the writing was on the wall.

Sorry for Duff, but if he is still to train with us there is still hope for him I suppose

Duff did his cruciate - he did look good when he played last season, albeit he made a couple of high profile mistakes. Kyle Allison never played so can't comment on him.

Eagle seemed to come onto a game a bit more later in the season but he really was very one paced and found it hard to penetrate opposition defences. He looked as though he could control a ball though and made a couple of decent cameos later in the season. He nearly scored a beaut against COunty in the league and his goal against Ayr was a good one.

Bulvitis split our fans. Some clamoured for him to be given a new deal and, to be fair to him, he apparently performed well mid-season. HOwever, I really didn't rate him. Every time I saw him play he made me nervous, he seemed to take the wrong option too often, not making simple clearences and flying into silly tackles. Rosscoe is a far better option at centre-half, or was in the First Division.

Stratford I didn't rate at all. He looked out of his depth and didn't really do anything well. I went through to Airdrie for our 1-1 draw there earlier in the season and he was shocking, very, very, very poor. I texted my mate during that game 'a year ago we had Don Cowie and Ian Black in midfield, now we've got Eagle and Stratford!'

Djebi-Zadi was probably our most maligned player. He really is capable of horrific crimes against football, taking his eye off the ball, booting it straight out of play and trying ridiculous dribbles. However, he played 90 minutes the night we beat Rangers at Ipox and didn't put a foot wrong and also did really well in Butcher's first game when we got a point from Celtic, so he can leave with some good memories.