6 players let go

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming the players offered contracts all sign then i would think we would need:

GK

1 x back up keeper

1 x young keeper to play in the U19 league and provide cover

There's already a keeper at U19, Murray Kinnaird, who has been training with the 1st team keepers this season. He's been signed for next year in the U19. I suspect one of the U17 keepers will be stepping up to U19 as well.

Assuming the players offered contracts all sign then i would think we would need:

GK

1 x back up keeper

1 x young keeper to play in the U19 league and provide cover

There's already a keeper at U19, Murray Kinnaird, who has been training with the 1st team keepers this season. He's been signed for next year in the U19. I suspect one of the U17 keepers will be stepping up to U19 as well.

My mistake, I didn't realise we still ha a young keeper on the books. That's good news. Just one keeper to buy then

very very disappointed to see duff go. he could still be a big prospect and think we should have given him another year and loaned him out for a few months. im a fan of TB but this club has been built in the past with a back bone of boys from the north...vigurs was a big mistake! i fear the same could be of jamie duff. really hope he gets a move to another club and is successful even if that is county.

Esson

Alexander (capt) Eastham Munro Van Zanten

Cox Duncan

Hayes Foran

Thomas Kind Bendiksen

Rooney

Interesting line up there, chances of any of those in bold font coming?

Butcher is at Turf Moor tomorrow but I reckon Bendiksen would be my main bet, followed by Van Zanten.

Esson

Alexander (capt) Eastham Munro Van Zanten

Cox Duncan

Hayes Foran

Thomas Kind Bendiksen

Rooney

Interesting line up there, chances of any of those in bold font coming?

Butcher is at Turf Moor tomorrow but I reckon Bendiksen would be my main bet, followed by Van Zanten.

Excellent. We'll have Alexander, Fletcher and Eagles please. Gotta have a few squad players to fill the bench. :lol:

Looking back, Butcher was similarly ruthless last summer. Nobody was happy to see Vigurs, Sutherland, Wood and Pavels punted but in the long term it turned out to be the right decision.

:blah01: how an earth was it the right decision to let him go. IMHO he was one of the most promising youngsters to ever grace TCS and look at him now.

Yes look at him now, playing for a mid-table First Division team.

Allison - Decent young keeper but Terry probably reckons he can find someone better and more experienced for back up

Lionel Djebi Zadi - Decent going forward but a complete bombscare. We need a solid depndable back line first and foremost and he is anything but.

Duff - Looked fairly promising so gutted for the guy but a crutiate knee injury can be an awful thing to come back from and perhaps being released could be a blessing. He will get the support of ICT throughout his rehab for the time being and at least now can take his time getting back as to avoid rushing back and making sure his knee is ready. He only needs look at Wilkie and Kennedy. Both of them qualify for disabled badges their injuries got so bad. So the best thing for him to do would take his time, get some qualifications in his recovery time for insurance and start again at a lower level. The cream nearly aways rises to the top and he can set himself on doing that.

Stratford - Looked good in flashes but of the pace at times in the 1st and would be found wanting most likely at SPL level. Good enough for SFL1 football.

Bulvitus - Thought his promise and relatively young age would have been in his favour. He's versitile and good for the odd goal. Thought he would have been a decent back up to have for CB and RB. There may have been mitigating circumstances- Wage demands, A fee (still only 21 and is Latvia outside EU(?) therefore doesn't nessesarily count as Bosman) may be involved. Butcher has seen better elsewhere.

Eagle - He is 23 now and due to the under 21 rule, the fact he is fairly average and couldn't get a game it's probably the correct decision.

Hopefully we get the rest we need sorted out. Like Esson. Backup for defence and in goals is priority I'd say followed by a centre forward. A centre mid and wide left also.

No , just to elaborate, Latvia is in the EU.. Nauris played for Transit, and as far as I know he is a free agent.

I know he enjoyed his time in Inverness and was the Highest goal scoring defender, he was slowly finding his feet, ok all you amateur pundits slated him, but he eventually did well.

I have no doubt that he will be signed by another club and then perhaps Terry might say oop's

as for signing Odiambo beggars belief!!!!

I can understand all the others being released but I thought Bully had plenty to offer the club, bit disappointed to be honest

I think someone mentioned it earlier but I imagine Butcher has one eye on the u21 rule*

*fecking terrible/ridiculous rule

Disappointed that Eagle is being released. He seemed to be coming along well. Bully will be missed but if we sign Pavels that will be okay. Best wishes to Lionel - you may have given me heart failure at times but you were always entertaining.

From the lot that's been released -

Kyle Allison - I saw him play a few times and he wasn't very good. The last time I saw him was in the Inverness Cup game at Grant Street and he could barely kick the ball beyond the half way line. Can't say I'm sad to see him go. Maybe now he'll get his move to his beloved Ross County!

Nauris Bulvitis - Hot and cold really, at times he was good and at times he was very very bad. Was good going forward but if he was on the ball and was put under pressure, he didn't know what to do.

Lionel Djebi-Zadi - Sometimes he was great, sometimes he was rubbish. I always thought he would make a good winger but at the back he could drop some awful clangers.

Robert Eagle - Had a good cross, but was awfully slow and his passing wasn't the best. He scored a couple of nice goals, such as the one against Albion Rovers and had a very good performance at the second Derby in Dingwall. I perhaps would've kept him but he wasn't particularly anything special.

Jamie Duff - Had bad his injury was and how well it healed must of been a factor. A shame really, as I rated him the handful of times I saw him play but obviously his injury did him no favours.

Daniel Stratford - Never rated him at all. Too slow, couldn't pass, couldn't tackle, wouldn't shoot. Can't say I'm sad to see him go. Not a good player and the games just seem to pass him by. The only time I thought he had a good game was when he played right back against Clach in the Inverness Cup. Says it all really.