1st game of new season - who do you want?

MrCaleyjag

Now that scummy Falkirk got a taste of their own medicine today who would you like our first game of next season to be against?

Personally I would love to see us start at home against Aberdeen. My thinking is that McGhee will rip the team apart and bring in a whole new squad meaning they won't have had time to gel together yet we have kept the nuclius of our squad and the understanding is there.

Out of all the SPL teams Aberdeen are the team I most want us to p*mp next season and seeing McGhee get pelters on the opening day would make me chuckle :lol: ......................

Now that scummy Falkirk got a taste of their own medicine today who would you like our first game of next season to be against?

Personally I would love to see us start at home against Aberdeen. My thinking is that McGhee will rip the team apart and bring in a whole new squad meaning they won't have had time to gel together yet we have kept the nuclius of our squad and the understanding is there.

Out of all the SPL teams Aberdeen are the team I most want us to p*mp next season and seeing McGhee get pelters on the opening day would make me chuckle :lol: ......................

would echo that

would love to have the news that we have beaten them 2-0 again too

I honestly think we got P*r*ick's fixtures last time. The lazy SPL barstewards couldn't be bothered changing the fixtures for us. That's why we ended up playing Killie at New Year as our 'derby'.

would echo that

would love to have the news that we have beaten them 2-0 again too

I was bowling when that scoreline came through. We were in one of the end lanes next to the bar and the enormous tv screen with Soccer Saturday on it. As I bowled I heard Jeff Stelling announce that "Inverness have beaten Aberdeen for the first time in their history!" and the initial elation from bowling a strike was then propelled through the roof by this news and half the people in the building looked in our direction! :lol:

Edited by SotonCaleyFan

I'd like Aberdeen! Another open day victory, this time at home, would be nice.

So long as we dont get Hamilton (A), Motherwell (A) or Kilmarnock (A) on either of the last 2 games of the season!!!

Preferably Hearts or Hibs away, although I'm not sure whether the SPL will try to have us at home for the first game so we can raise the flag? They didn't last time, but I remember a lot of people being quite surprised about it.

Spot on - but ANY away day would do me - plus a sunny day and a beer garden - hey whay about Ayr United.

I think the SPL rules say that the newly promoted team start with a home tie against a lower SPL team. I have a feeling that it'll be Hamilton first.

I think that's wrong.

I think the SPL rules say that the newly promoted team start with a home tie against a lower SPL team. I have a feeling that it'll be Hamilton first.

I think that's wrong.

It is wrong. St Mirren played us at Caley Satdium in 2006 after they got promoted.

My ideal first game would be Hibs away.

And we played Livi away and had Rangers at home as some of our opening games.

Aberdeen (A) i.e. "Home" for me. Another opening day Pittodrie win please!

I fancy Aberdeen home or away for the first game. They're bound to be nervy after the season they've just had and i could see us go bouncing in and giving them a doing.

St Mirren. After our unbeaten run in the First, I think we equalled our longest ever unbeaten run of 21 games (which we first achieved in the Third Division)???

If we could draw or win on the opening day we would beat that, so St Mirren would be the easiest game for us in my opinion.

And we played Livi away and had Rangers at home as some of our opening games.

If that does happen again whatever you do, don't say the same thing you said after the last time it happened.

Know wot I mean?