New Captain?

cookiemonster

I got told today that Grant could be out of the captaincy and that Richie is now Caley captain? Now this is nowhere near 100% reliable source, most likely complete B***ocks from me, once again, but i thought i would post it here and wait for the abuse to pour in................:lol::cheer01: :eat03:

Thoughts?

If this is true, then I think it's a good move. Don't get me wrong, I think Munro is a good player and he played well last season but he ain't a captain. If a new captain is to be chose then Foran would be a good choice IMO.

Foran has struck me as the real leader on that pitch for most of the season, Granty is a solid enough player and is fiercely loyal but i think he would be a better player without the pressure of captaincy whereas i think Foran would cope better with it.

Foran was a real hothead with a very poor diciplinary record in his early days who has settled down and develoved genuine leadership qualities. Might be harsh on Grant but I'd have no difficulty with Foran as skipper.

Foran was a real hothead with a very poor diciplinary record in his early days who has settled down and develoved genuine leadership qualities. Might be harsh on Grant but I'd have no difficulty with Foran as skipper.

Is that a new word combining develop and devolve? :rolleyes:

I don't think Foran needs the extra pressure on him and am happy for Grant to maintain his captaincy.

Dont think Foran would take it as added pressure. I think he would make a very good captain, and if the captaincy is given up on Munro, Foran is the obvious choice.

I think you will find that this is no rumour. I believe the decision has been taken to pass the armband onto Richie Foran

Wonder if this was a sweetener to help persuade Foran to sign?

He also said it was Foran that had the job, fair play granty, you did us proud but lets be honest your going to have a harder time in the SPL doing the two jobs.

I wonder if Granty volunteered to remove it after winning the league. I seem to remember that he struggled with having the armband in the SPL last time around, and couldn't manage to juggle being the CD and also being Capt.

Hopefully it wasn't stripped of him and thus leave him bitter, but it was a decision made by him, Terry, Maurice and Richie and made with the best interests of the club in mind.

No longer a rumour, just heard Charles Bannerman on BBC Scotland confirming it. I wonder if Grant was stripped of the captaincy rather than giving it up?

Don't think he confirmed it, seemed more like "we've also heard the rumour" as opposed to anything official.

No longer a rumour, just heard Charles Bannerman on BBC Scotland confirming it. I wonder if Grant was stripped of the captaincy rather than giving it up?

Don't think he confirmed it, seemed more like "we've also heard the rumour" as opposed to anything official.

Mr. Bannerman didnt say it was a Rumor, it was along the lines of "in other News Inverness Caley Thistle have appointed a new Captan"

Pretty glad of this news if it's true.

I do remember a forum thread last season highlighting the fact that many fans thought Granty's captaincy was distracting him from his duty as CB in the SPL. Hopefully all parties concerned are happy with the decision and Grant, Richie and the team will profit from the decision (should the rumour be true, that is!).

Well if anyone deserves it he does, he's been my player of the year.

Never gives in, a handful for any defense, wins his share in the air, works like a trojan and covers back (can tackle too)

And he scores goals!

I seem to have misunderstood the situation here. I had heard this story so often about the town, including from 100% reliable sources, over the preceding three or four days that I actually assumed that it had already been done by somebody else and I had missed it so I thought I had better play catch up with a brief line this morning. However it has since emerged that it was simply a case of a story which was in wide public circulation but had not yet reached the media. If I had known that I might have waited since they might have preferred to release it officially.

I seem to have misunderstood the situation here. I had heard this story so often about the town, including from 100% reliable sources, over the preceding three or four days that I actually assumed that it had already been done by somebody else and I had missed it so I thought I had better play catch up with a brief line this morning. However it has since emerged that it was simply a case of a story which was in wide public circulation but had not yet reached the media. If I had known that I might have waited since they might have preferred to release it officially.

Does that mean its a true or untrue rumour Charles?

Does that mean its a true or untrue rumour Charles?

I think it means that Charles is in big trouble at ICT and nobody will speak to him for a season or two. :lol: