Engerland or Ross C**nty

CaleyT

Engerland or Ross C**nty  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Which is worse - Ross County winning the Scottish Cup or England winning the World Cup

• Ross County
    • Engerlund

OK - it's that time of year again, so here's the question - two awful prospects are looming: Ross County winning the Scottish Cup and England winning the World Cup. Both pretty awful I grant you, and we'd never hear the end of it if either happened, but which in your opinion is the WORSE scenario.

Personally I'd go for the England option - I could just about live with County winning the Cup but only because we've won the league!

No contest!! I would take County winning the Scottish Cup tomorrow if it meant England not winning the World Cup!

I'm with you on this one mate!!

Not bothered about the results of either. I find all this hatred and rivalry stuff a bit pathetic and a bit cringeworthy.

My wife just looked over my shoulder and says that's the only sensible post she's ever read on here.

Poor woman..... What does she know?

I'm with you Renegade. I don't see supporting a club/national team including the assumption that you must hate your nearest rivals by geographical determination.

Having said that however; I'd rather England over County - purely because I don't want any of my Black Isle pals to have any bragging rights!

Not bothered about the results of either. I find all this hatred and rivalry stuff a bit pathetic and a bit cringeworthy.
Edited by Wyness13

Where would sport be without this 'rivalry suff' ........... it's an integral part of every sport and least not football.

Has to be C*unty winning the Scottish Cup, the aftermath would fizzle out eventually unlike England winning the World Cup. Look at how '66 crops up in everything and not just football

Where would sport be without this 'rivalry suff' ........... it's an integral part of every sport and least not football.

Has to be C*unty winning the Scottish Cup, the aftermath would fizzle out eventually unlike England winning the World Cup. Look at how '66 crops up in everything and not just football

County winning the Scottish Cup would never fizzle out and would only ever be tolerable if we were to better the achievement. Surely for those who do not want England to win the World Cup, winning it would only add a little on top of the existing gloating by the same people whereas as County winning would be a whole new crowd of folk gloating over something different. Just how much misery do you want to inflict upon yourselves?

You've spelt England wrong twice in your poll.

And yes, you will be hearing about it over and over and over and over again if it happens. From me.

Personally I do not think we will win it. Of course we won't. But why can't we be proud of our country without Scotland hating us for being proud? Scots are supposedly one of, if not the most patriotic nations in the world. Yet when we talk up our chances it's not patriotism, it's arrogance.

Being half English, half Scottish, I follow the fortunes of both nations with passion. I and most other people I know would certainly support Scotland if they played in a major competition and England didn't. Shame the sentiment isn't shared.

Rant over.

Just a bit of fun SCF I think , I enjoy the rivalry as long as it never gets nasty , and I suppose you want Portsmouth to win the FA Cup ? :030: ... not too many of us Derby fans hoping Forest win promotion i can tell you :huh:

Mind you , bit of a worry if it were a Germany-England final and all the Scots prayed for the krauts to win :thumb04:

No contest!! I would take County winning the Scottish Cup tomorrow if it meant England not winning the World Cup!

I agree with you there!

At least county are a Highland club.

Again we are missing the 3rd option in the poll. I obviously would love to see England win the cup. It probably won't happen but we can dream. I personally don't give a monkeys if County win the cup. It doesn't effect my life in any way. If a county fan gloated, I would say well done, great achievement because that's what it is and it's only a game after all. In the great scheme of things, it's not important. We have people living on the streets, we have soldiers being killed, our government is a shambles. Who really cares who wins the cups? All it will bring is brief spell of happiness and maybe a few weeks of bragging rights. Some people put too much importance on football. It's a game to be enjoyed not faught over. In some cases it stops the fighting. You'll all remember Xmas 1914 when the troops stopped fighting and played football. A lesson to us all.

Just a bit of fun SCF I think , I enjoy the rivalry as long as it never gets nasty , and I suppose you want Portsmouth to win the FA Cup ? :030: ... not too many of us Derby fans hoping Forest win promotion i can tell you :huh:

Mind you , bit of a worry if it were a Germany-England final and all the Scots prayed for the krauts to win :thumb04:

Haha! Honestly, I wish them well. Pompey deserve a bit of fortune after this season of turmoil. Having said that however, as a Saints fan and a realistic sort of chap, I think it will be one of the most one-sided FA Cup finals in history.

As for Forest, I really want Blackpool to go up. Everyone loves an underdog story and they deserve it more than Forest IMO. Will be watching it tonight on Sky Sports cheering on the Seasiders! :021:

Dont think England are good enough this time but I suppose they could win.

As for County well Im not sure how I feel. They definately could win and there is a part of me that says good on them and that I should support the highland team. On the other hand I dont want them in europe ahead of us and it could be that a lot the neutral support would switch to them if they win so would be bad for ict income. oh well what will be will be and as already stated if county win it will not be mentioned every day for ever and ever.

Dont think England are good enough this time but I suppose they could win.

As for County well Im not sure how I feel. They definately could win and there is a part of me that says good on them and that I should support the highland team. On the other hand I dont want them in europe ahead of us and it could be that a lot the neutral support would switch to them if they win so would be bad for ict income. oh well what will be will be and as already stated if county win it will not be mentioned every day for ever and ever.

Don't think that would happen to be honest. Yes, County would be in the Europa League, but how far does anyone think they'll get, really? Our prospects are much better in the SPL than County's are in European competition against the likes of Liverpool, Aston Villa, Fulham, Man City, Atletico Madrid, Shaktar Donetsk et al. Anyone who would even consider switching alliegance from Caley to County on this basis is mental and needs serious psychiatric help and a nice long stay in a padded cell.

Edited by SotonCaleyFan

Well said pal!

County anyday!

Dundee Utd have to win the cup. Scotlands co-efficiant for places in the europa league is bad enough without another Scottish team being knocked out in the first games, further reducing ICT's chances of qualifing through the league in the next few seasons.

Of course United could lose their first games but I think there is more chance of them winning some games and improve Scotlands co-efficiant.

As for the WC, I love the banter between Scotland and england. Sure there are some numpties on both sides( I was one when younger), I love winding up the locals and I love giving more back when the try to come back at me. The wife is Yorkshireese and we have constant banter. My middle boy is turning, and he says he is an england fan, I am looking forward to having the craic with him in years to come. Obviously I will be in the A.B.E camp. Purely for the wind up value. especially in 1/4 final penalty shoot out, and because the banter is FUN. :)

England anyday. the fact that people think that if county win the scottish cup it will fizle out they are having a laugh. i still get reminded about the 1-5 result