did butcher make a mistake?

SuperCaley94

I thought it a mistake at the time, and saw it as an admission that our season was done for. How wrong I was. Maybe he has found a better niche with Hamilton. As has been shown time and again, we never know what goes on behind the dressing room door. And it is better that way.

I was glad to see imrie go, helped settle the team.

Although I cant help but wonder what an on form imrie could have achieved in the eric role behind rooney. Who knows what kind of magical football the irish 3 and imrie could have played.

However, we are better without him.

Was never any where near one of my favorites. knew that he had plenty of ability BUT found it frustrating that he didnt do it often enough, and found that he lost the ball too often from trying too hard. Scored a few spectacular goals though.

Prefer the more skillful Johnny Hayes, more consistant and more end result. THANKYOU

Never rated him. Headless chicken, could never see a pass as he seemed incapable of looking up, so just dribbled his way into trouble.

Maybe it says less about TB than Hamilton and the style of player Billy Reid is after.

I was one of the ones who thought the selling of Imrie was the end of our season. He was coming into the form he can be, and we were going to sell him. I thought this showed we would rather take money for him than use his services to get back up to the SPL.

Turns out it was a great decision for all parties involved. Just hope he gets the respect he deserves when we go to New Douglas Park.

Imrie was a bit of funny sort of player. At times he showed that he had the ability and could be a very effective player. A prime example of this was his final home game for ICT against Motherwell, where he played, it would be fair to say, outstandingly. Unfortunately these performances were few and far between. A lot of the time Imrie was either ineffective or uninterested, only becoming interested when he could show off and pretend he was some world class winger who should of been playing at a much higher level. I have never seen, in all the countless games that I've been too, and the countless teams I've seen, a winger who was so selfish, that I have very few memories of him ever crossing the ball at all. Instead of doing the normal and usually the most effective action of a winger, such as dribbling to the bi-line and then crossing the ball into the box, he would get to the bi-line and try and charge in on his own. It seldom, if ever worked and epitomised everything about him. In many ways, Dougie Imrie never did play for ICT, he played only for himself. What's the old football adage? "He who plays for the team, plays for himself. He who plays for himself, plays for the opposition". So what it was with Mr Imrie. This incredible level of selfishness, was capped off with a massive amount of arrogance, both on and off the field said all the needed to be said. I'm sure we've all heard the stories of his merry capers in Inverness, we may even know some of the people involved, and I'm sure somewhere down the line we've all heard that immortal line used by Mr Imrie at every opportunity - "Don't you know who I am?" Unfortunately we do Dougie. Goodbye and good riddance. You will not be missed.