Ross County

Kingsmills

If you go onto their forum there is pics of the team bus leaving tinkville. Shades of Ally Macleod and Scotland leaving for Argentina in 1978. (yeh I know Im old).Agree have never seen a rival team wishing their neighbours good luck before.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally know plenty people who chose to move on and support Ross County after the merger

I am not going to deflect this very worthy thread by raking over for the n-th time the usual speculative and highly anecdotal evidence on this theory. And of losing a few was the price to pay for a club which has achieved what it has since 1994 then, as the Lord High Executioner said in The Mikado... "they will none of them be missed!"

the merged team (ICT) still gets a lot of hostility towards them.

Oh dear... this weary old myth surfaces again!! :lol:

I personally know plenty people who chose to move on and support Ross County after the merger than went on to support ICT. I was walking into Victoria Park at the last C*unty v ICT game....and bumped into a dozen or so EX Caley fans, with county scarfes, and that was just going along behind main stand!

Also...my facebook is littered with similar minded Inverness folk. So Charles...you call it a myth...I know its a fact!

There are quite a few from Inverness, some of them ex-Caley fans, who support RC. There are also many who travel from Dingwall and greater Ross-shire to support ICT. People made their choices and stuck by them. So what? Caledonian is no longer. Inverness Thistle is no longer. We are ICT and they are RC. The only two highland teams in the Scottish Football Leagues. And I will cheer on RC tomorrow along with hundreds and, maybe, thousands of current ICT fans.

Do Rangers want celtic to win trophies? No. Do hibs want hearts to win trophies? No. I hope Dundee Utd trounce them, couldn't stand watching Brewster getting near that trophy.

Agree With You There!

Do Rangers want celtic to win trophies? No. Do hibs want hearts to win trophies? No. I hope Dundee Utd trounce them, couldn't stand watching Brewster getting near that trophy.

We are soooooooooooooooooooo far removed from those rivalries though. we've spent 10, or maybe 9 seasons of our existence in the same league as them. We've very rarely threatened each other. We have some of their players, and they've had some of ours. just because you read in magazines that boca hate River and Hamburg hate st Pauli, doesn't mean you have to manufacture hatred for Ross county. How can you hate a team from a village with a smaller population than Culloden? Plastic rivalry.

Good luck county. I've got ?5 on you to hold out for 90 minutes.

What did she say?

I'll admit I wanted County to beat Celtic, but I want ICT to be the first Highland team to lift a major domestic cup.

OK I suppose it wasnt that bad something to the effect of "theres only one team in the highlands and its not caley its county".but it shows this let the highlands stick together mentality is rubbish.

What did she say?

I'll admit I wanted County to beat Celtic, but I want ICT to be the first Highland team to lift a major domestic cup.

OK I suppose it wasnt that bad something to the effect of "theres only one team in the highlands and its not caley its county".but it shows this let the highlands stick together mentality is rubbish.

What an idiot she is. If there was one team in the Highlands it's the team who have been the most consistent over 38 league wins, not winning 2 games against the odds. I don't think it is rubbish, she's not even from the Highlands. In saying that, I just couldn't cope with the 'plastic' County fans up here coming out of the woodwork claiming they're the first team in the Highlands to win the cup.

That was the County fans on the news singing lets all laugh at Caley...sure there will be more to follow tomorrow.

Because we've had a season worth laughing at haven't we? :lol:

Scrap what I said in the first reply, Come On You Arabs!!

The bookies are giving stupid prices on County. Don't listen to their fans - they've just hung up as they're the Wee Team. The main purpose of their existence today is to serve us as a feeder club. I'm hoping we get a pop at them next season in the cup.

Aye i feel pretty much the same ,

The idea of the Scottish cup coming to the Highlands is nice but i just cant support county

ICT is the only team for me :blink: :P :D

MON THE ARABS !

Edited by Fanoffooty

Can I please just request, that if ICT ever make to a major final, there isn't some naff song to go with it. I've just heard the County...............it's not very good.

Yeah i agree , the Torridon song is soooo crap its embarrassing

Is that the same Brewster who prevented ICT getting to the final. I'm sorry for the many who scoff but if this trophy can go outside of Tayside, the east coast or the central belt then I'm happy to lend support to the team that can do it. And I'll be proud, if it happens, to say I was there.

I predict one each after 120 mins and RC to win 5-4 on penalties