Ross County

Kingsmills

That was the County fans on the news singing lets all laugh at Caley...sure there will be more to follow tomorrow.

Because we've had a season worth laughing at haven't we? :blink:

Scrap what I said in the first reply, Come On You Arabs!!

Sorry Guys - you misheard the County fans. I too thought they were slagging off Caley, at first, but they were actually chanting the name of the gal who was doing the interviewing......"Nicola MacAlee, Nicola MacAlee......".

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do Rangers want celtic to win trophies? No. Do hibs want hearts to win trophies? No. I hope Dundee Utd trounce them, couldn't stand watching Brewster getting near that trophy.

Agree With You There!

Bit too late for that.

post-2081-1273877378.jpg

Anyone But County

Weve had an amazing season and I personally dont want to see our rivals hump all the glory and praise from us.

Granted, they deserve praise but if i were there tomorrow i would be kitted up with my caley shirt like i was at the county vs dundee game when we hopped to the top of the league.

I cant stand them most of the time and I dont want them to have an argument that they may be the better highland side. We were the better side over 36 games unbeaten in 21 league games, but county beat teams like inverurie, stirling and hibs who have been dreadful since the turn of the year. Celtic just two weeks previous to getting beat by county lost 4-0 to st mirren and county are still getting all the coverage with us not recieving a whisper.

Good luck to them tomorrow though. Hope they dont embarrass themselves but COME ON UTD!!!

Good luck County, if they win then well done and if they lose who cares. I'm just really glad its a first division side against an SPL team and no OF either. Hope its a great game for the neutral and there is a few goals. Going to be betting on 1-1 at Full Time. Utd most likely to win it in extra time but if it goes to penalties its anyones game.

What I'm struggling to fathom out from some of the posts on this thread is why it's totally unacceptable to support our Highland Neighbours, but apparently perfectly ok to support a team from Dundee?

Surely, based on the arguments given that "you should never lend support to a rival" then all those having a pop at anyone wishing C*unty well should be totally apathetic with regards the outcome of the match?

In fact, as we're n ow back in the SPL then Dundee Utd are far more of a rival than C*unty....so the logic of the arguments being put across becomes even more bizarre!!!!

What I'm struggling to fathom out from some of the posts on this thread is why it's totally unacceptable to support our Highland Neighbours, but apparently perfectly ok to support a team from Dundee?

Surely, based on the arguments given that "you should never lend support to a rival" then all those having a pop at anyone wishing C*unty well should be totally apathetic with regards the outcome of the match?

In fact, as we're n ow back in the SPL then Dundee Utd are far more of a rival than C*unty....so the logic of the arguments being put across becomes even more bizarre!!!!

Its called the freedom of choice Don....i have a prefference for Dundee Utd..in much the same way am willing Portsmouth on to win the FA Cup. Am stopping short of going along and supporting them too tho!

I'm all for Freedom of Choice....it's the "You can't support a rival and be a real fan" argument being used against those wishing C*unty well, followed by the "Come on the Arabs", "Hope C*unty get trounced" etc comments that don't make sense.

In fact, if you follow the very logic of such posts, then those wanting C*unty to get beat and questioning the loyalty of anyone who disagrees are, in a word, hypocrites.

I'm all for Freedom of Choice....it's the "You can't support a rival and be a real fan" argument being used against those wishing C*unty well, followed by the "Come on the Arabs", "Hope C*unty get trounced" etc comments that don't make sense.

In fact, if you follow the very logic of such posts, then those wanting C*unty to get beat and questioning the loyalty of anyone who disagrees are, in a word, hypocrites.

Well said Don.

Its not supporting Untd that is the issue. I think some folk would feel the same regardless of who the other team were playing our rivals. I just dont get why folk want to support our rivals. Sorry. Not questioning the loyalty just dont get it.

Its not supporting Untd that is the issue. I think some folk would feel the same regardless of who the other team were playing our rivals. I just dont get why folk want to support our rivals. Sorry. Not questioning the loyalty just dont get it.

So United who are going to be competing in the same league as us next season aren't our rivals. But County who are in league below us ARE our rivals? Hmmmmm. Interesting.

They may be in the division below us but dont kid yourself they are our rivals. First and foremost for business support and then for community support and for bums on seats. Kids who have enjoyed this cup run will potentially go back and watch them next season, regardless of what division we are in and drag their parents with them.

As I have already stated each to their own and folk can support who they want today but I still dont get it.

If it was Berwick Rangers playing C*unty today....ad be willing them on to win....ABC after all! Its obvious some of us have a differing view on what being a "fan" of a team involves. I sit firmly in the camp where you do not will your local rivals to win!

If it was Berwick Rangers playing C*unty today....ad be willing them on to win....ABC after all! Its obvious some of us have a differing view on what being a "fan" of a team involves. I sit firmly in the camp where you do not will your local rivals to win!

Can you explain how wanting a team closer to you, in a different league win against another team in the same league as you makes you any more/less of a fan?

Can you explain how wanting a team closer to you, in a different league win against another team in the same league as you makes you any more/less of a fan?

The commentators themselves commented on how unusual an event it is (alluding to fans of one team backing their local rivals)

The commentators themselves commented on how unusual an event it is (alluding to fans of one team backing their local rivals)

So your not answering my question then?

For me, Ross County are Ireland to ICT being Scotland. Rivals? Sure, but also, I dunno, brothers (very much little brothers in County's case). In my view, our England are Livingston.

County behind, but I hope they get back and win it.

If you cant see the hypocrisy in turning out to support your local rivals at a game...well...am not going to waste my time explaining! As i say...EVEN the commentators were stating how unusual it is!

If you cant see the hypocrisy in turning out to support your local rivals at a game...well...am not going to waste my time explaining! As i say...EVEN the commentators were stating how unusual it is!

In other words you can't explain it.

Some people, although they would claim we're rivals in a league game, want to see them do well. Like someone posted on here before, we've never really been competing for the same place and a lot of the time we've never been in the same league. Anyway this is going no where, lets just agree to disagree :D

Looks like County are being exposed for what they are now. Been quite poor actually.

personally, I couldnt give a rats ass and have avoided this and other RC-DUFC threads for days !!!

If you want to support County today its your choice, if you want to support Dundee Utd today its your choice. I cant say I would take either option as I lost all interest in this competition when ICT went out and have no plans to make any effort to view it online or elsewhere.

but to those who would slag off any ICT fan who makes a choice to lend their support to one of those teams I would say ... get over yourself, what gives YOU the right to sit in judgement over another persons choice? You may not agree with it, it may give you a warm feeling of superiority to denegrate them, but words like 'judas', 'traitor' and such like are a bit OTT.

Like I said, I dont give a rats ass who wins/loses, and I wouldnt support either team, but I am not going to slag off anyone who feels like going to a national cup final and lending support or just watching the game. Life's too short to get all worked up about this nonsense !!!

the merged team (ICT) still gets a lot of hostility towards them.

Oh dear... this weary old myth surfaces again!! B)

I personally know plenty people who chose to move on and support Ross County after the merger than went on to support ICT. I was walking into Victoria Park at the last C*unty v ICT game....and bumped into a dozen or so EX Caley fans, with county scarfes, and that was just going along behind main stand!

Also...my facebook is littered with similar minded Inverness folk. So Charles...you call it a myth...I know its a fact!

But how many is "plenty"?

It goes to show how any decent investment can propel a club forward. But it's not really all that big an achievement really I mean anyone can beat Hibs and Celtic!

As it happens Ross County, barring Keddie in the 1st half, failed to turn up today. Quite frankly they let themselves down.

They let their fans down

In fact they let the whole of the Highlands down. Shame on them! :lol: