Ross County

Kingsmills

Like I said, I dont give a rats ass who wins/loses, and I wouldnt support either team, but I am not going to slag off anyone who feels like going to a national cup final and lending support or just watching the game. Life's too short to get all worked up about this nonsense !!!

^^^ I like that take on things.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMHO, watched the game here in Latvia and honestly thought County were totally outguessed tactically wise and basically outclassed.

But who am I to offer opinions, my team the one I play for got beaten last night 2-0 but the women watching made the loss bearable, thats is why i took my eye off the ball !!!!

too put this in perspective... how many Dundee fans do you think were there wearing Orange today supporting their rivals.. my guess would be none.

The thought of ICT fans dawning C*unty colours today sickens me and if anyone did make the trip they got what they deserved.

Credit to C*unty for getting to the final but there wasn't 1 ounce of me that wanted them to lift the trophy and I certainly wouldn't have used any of my own money to pay for travel expenses and a ticket... even if someone had given me a ticket I would have binned it.

but that's because I'm homophobic eh pullmyfinger B)

eh eh eh eh eh eh eh

f*ck the c*unty

What I'm struggling to fathom out from some of the posts on this thread is why it's totally unacceptable to support our Highland Neighbours, but apparently perfectly ok to support a team from Dundee?

Surely, based on the arguments given that "you should never lend support to a rival" then all those having a pop at anyone wishing C*unty well should be totally apathetic with regards the outcome of the match?

In fact, as we're n ow back in the SPL then Dundee Utd are far more of a rival than C*unty....so the logic of the arguments being put across becomes even more bizarre!!!!

It would be interesting to see how many County fans would support ICT if we were in the cup final :lol:

I believe in freedom of choice but personally could never go & support County

As for the SPL Dundee United for me wont be rivals till the season starts :D

MON THE CALEY B) :lol: :)

too put this in perspective... how many Dundee fans do you think were there wearing Orange today supporting their rivals.. my guess would be none.

The thought of ICT fans dawning C*unty colours today sickens me and if anyone did make the trip they got what they deserved.

Credit to C*unty for getting to the final but there wasn't 1 ounce of me that wanted them to lift the trophy and I certainly wouldn't have used any of my own money to pay for travel expenses and a ticket... even if someone had given me a ticket I would have binned it.

but that's because I'm homophobic eh pullmyfinger :blink:

eh eh eh eh eh eh eh

f*ck the c*unty

Well said Harry :D

eh eh eh eh eh eh eh

f*ck the c*unty

Well said Harry :D

Motion carried. :D

Get it up them, and everyone of thee 18000 glory hunting inbreds that went to support them today. Be they Caley 'fans' or not..

Telt.

In the midst of all this discussion about who it is right to support and who it isn't one thing I can't get my head round

Ross County attracted 15,000 glory hunters !

The mind boggles. Perhaps if it had coincided with the sheepdog trials, ploughing competition or peat-digging they'd have had to settle for only 5,000 fans at Wembley?

Still, the argument surely follows 2 simple rules:

1) you support the team you follow

2) you support the team your rivals are playing (but not as much as 1) above)

so Caley and 'anyone but County'

or Scotland and 'anyone but England'

and in my case I add a 3rd result...'Man City and 'anyone but Utd'

simples!

In the midst of all this discussion about who it is right to support and who it isn't one thing I can't get my head round

The mind boggles. Perhaps if it had coincided with the sheepdog trials, ploughing competition or peat-digging they'd have had to settle for only 5,000 fans at Wembley?

simples!

Love the city bit!

simples!

Love the city bit!

30 years a season ticket at City....34 years since they won anything

maybe I'm a jinx? :blink:

eh eh eh eh eh eh eh

f*ck the c*unty

You sir are either drunk or stupid. Where did I imply you were a homophobe?

I think the reaction of some posters is akin to a homophobic reaction where they are not comfortable with their own sexuality.

...waits...

:D

you trying to say all Judas ICT fans are gay as well???

No, it's an analogy. Are you so insecure with your ICT loyalty, that you can't wish County well today in case it turns you into a stark raving gypsy?

Putting aside who ICT fans should have supported, I think the fact that County got to the final was great for football. It is days like this that live on in the memory and do so much for the community. I actually live in the Black Isle and, I'm sorry to say, you can see Ross County's ground from the house and many of the neighbours are keen County supporters. I have to say that this cup run has done wonders for community spirit and has really captured the public imagination. There's an elderly neighbour at the end of our lane who has erected a 20' flag pole with a County flag fluttering proudly in the breeze and this is just an example of the way this has affected people.

You can't really help but be happy for them that they got to the final. They will have great memories of the cup run and why begrudge them that? For all the rivalry, County supporters are basically the same sort of folk as ICT supporters are (OK, perhaps a bit fonder of sheep than we are) but for me the joy that fans get from their team performing above their level and tasting the big time is what the cup is all about.

Having said that, I can't say I was sorry to see Utd take the lead and go on to win today. I am happy for County fans to have enjoyed their cup run but there are limits! What I was disappointed about was the dismal performance by County. I felt County had a genuine chance but after all the hype they never turned up and that must have been a real disappointment for their fans. I would have liked to see them play well and give a good account of themselves. Yes they've had a great run, but the impression we are left with is that they flattered to deceive.

County had an opportunity to showcase to the nation how good the standard in the SFL is. The nation will be left thoroughly underwhelmed and the County fans will be left without the consolation of being able to say that despite the loss, the team played well. As the fans drive past an SPL ground towards the end of their long journey home tonight they should be in no doubt as to who the best team in the Highlands is.

eh eh eh eh eh eh eh

f*ck the c*unty

spot on there Harry

Back to one of my favourite subjects. Barrowman - why?

If County wanted to win the cup why did they pick him? Apart from having a weak shot blocked in the first half he made virtually zero contribution to the game .

County hardly threatened anything and part of the problem for them was that Barrowman simply did not make himself available and he never put pressure on defenders except for his habit of pushing defenders in the back after they had got to the ball before him. And on the rare occasions county did get down the flanks he was never remotely in position to get in front of or between defenders to get on the end of a low ball into the centre - and he was never going to get the high ones. He was totally out of his depth but was on for the full 90 minutes - it was such an inept performance I almost started feeling sorry for the lad.

His presence did, however lead to a nice bit of commentary... "County have got Craig who can score goals, they've got Brittain who can score goals and they've got Barrowman...."

Putting aside who ICT fans should have supported, I think the fact that County got to the final was great for football. It is days like this that live on in the memory and do so much for the community. I actually live in the Black Isle and, I'm sorry to say, you can see Ross County's ground from the house and many of the neighbours are keen County supporters. I have to say that this cup run has done wonders for community spirit and has really captured the public imagination. There's an elderly neighbour at the end of our lane who has erected a 20' flag pole with a County flag fluttering proudly in the breeze and this is just an example of the way this has affected people.

You can't really help but be happy for them that they got to the final. They will have great memories of the cup run and why begrudge them that? For all the rivalry, County supporters are basically the same sort of folk as ICT supporters are (OK, perhaps a bit fonder of sheep than we are) but for me the joy that fans get from their team performing above their level and tasting the big time is what the cup is all about.

Having said that, I can't say I was sorry to see Utd take the lead and go on to win today. I am happy for County fans to have enjoyed their cup run but there are limits! What I was disappointed about was the dismal performance by County. I felt County had a genuine chance but after all the hype they never turned up and that must have been a real disappointment for their fans. I would have liked to see them play well and give a good account of themselves. Yes they've had a great run, but the impression we are left with is that they flattered to deceive.

County had an opportunity to showcase to the nation how good the standard in the SFL is. The nation will be left thoroughly underwhelmed and the County fans will be left without the consolation of being able to say that despite the loss, the team played well. As the fans drive past an SPL ground towards the end of their long journey home tonight they should be in no doubt as to who the best team in the Highlands is.

Yawn..............................I am glad they lost, somehow i doubt dundee fans wanted to united to win so why would i want county to win. I am just sad it wasnt 6-0

I must apologize as I haven't read all the posts but in my personal opinion I know that myself or any of my family could never support the dingwall gudgie coughs. We all support 1 ONE team ICT - There is absolutely no way we could be patronising to anyone from over the bridge as it would be totally false. As far as we are concerned football has intense rivalries i.e. Celtic/Rangers Barcelona/Real Madrid Man u/Man C and Scotland/England - I can't imagine any passionate fans of any of these teams would wish great success for their rivals and I for one would never wish that for Ross County - Any true ICT fans at Hampden would have been sick to the core with all the RC fans singing how they hate Caley etc. As the song goes

He plays on the left

He plays on the right

Richie Foran

Makes County look sh**e

:blink:

Yawn..............................I am glad they lost, somehow i doubt dundee fans wanted to united to win so why would i want county to win. I am just sad it wasnt 6-0

I didn't say I wanted County to win. The thing is, we can have fierce rivalry without it turning vitreolic. Having respect for our rivals and sharing good humoured banter makes the rivalry so much more enjoyable IMHO.

Personally delighted with the result.

It's possible to over think football, its a simple game full of simple people, the issue 'should an ICT fan support Ross County or not' is a personal choice for whoever is making it. Every true ICT supporter I know was firmly against them today and those who were cheering them on were fairweather supporters, many of whom come from an age in which the A9 was seen as a barrier to the rest of Scotland and havent quite caught up with the fact they can fly from Inverness airport to anywhere in the world within 24 hours, these peoples political, racial and personal perceptions will mirror their views on football rivalries, they simply havent caught up yet and are blissfully unaware that your average Ross County supporter HATES us. It's probably not fair to call these people 'fairweather' fans but its appropriate, it just means they are irregular, they made up the vast majority of County's support today.

I don't remember any Dundee United fans laughing when we got relegated and I've never heard their fans singing anything anti-ICT or Inverness in general, as I couldnt say the same thing about Ross County the decision on who to back to today was a no brainer!

Here's the thing with those feeling "sickened" by the sign, it says "good luck" not "We hope you win". In some ways I think it was a nice touch, I doubt County would do the same for ICT, but that shows that ICT are bigger than that and above that. Something the club should always aim to be.

Personally I can't be bothered joining in with either of these gangs. I watched the final, most of which was nothing special and County were beaten by the better team. The didn't do themselves justice with that performance. I'm not a County fan, I have no love for them, and I also have no time for this childish plastic attitude that's sprung up of "I'm an ICT fan so I must hate County by default". I support ICT and that is all. Dundee United won - who cares? County got beat - who cares? I personally am not bothered either way.